What are the best apps that are free? And how do I install them correctly?
    01-04-11 10:08 AM
    Thru blackberry appworld or here... Themes also.

Tunein Radio is great, the FB app in appworld is great. Now has FB places which we waited and waited for lol. I like berryweather ok, but many love it. I also use ebay, amazon. Score Mobile is a fantastic sports app with just about every sport. Craigslist is decent and uses very little memory to install. Ebay uses quite a bit, but I have many and games and themes and still have 85mb app memory left. No lag with my iBerry4 theme (sorry I just love the hidden scrolling dock of 20 icons total on homescreen while giving a good view of your wallpaper).

Many, many more so just check apps section here and if you haven't got BB Appworld yet go to blackberry's website and download OTA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 10:22 AM
    Installing correctly thru BB appworld is easy and you can pick free... And the free ones here are mostly ota. I've tried lots of them so if you have any questions feel free to PM me if you want.

Not sure if you know what OTA means but that's over the air meaning not having to hook up via usb to your computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 10:25 AM
    Oh cool! Any chance of you showing me your theme? Also what is the Craigslist? Isit like another eBay?
    01-04-11 10:45 AM
    Here you can see my theme, which is called "no_name_yet". It is free in the thread for 9700 themes. This is just one example of some things you can do. The trash can (upper left) is MeterBerry, which gives a better battery readout. The upper right icon is WeatherBerry. These are popular paid apps, but there are free ones that do very similar things.

Probably the first app I would recommend is QuickLaunch. It is inexpensive (usually like $5 or less) but will change the entire way you use your phone. You can link virtually any app, function, or even specific webpage to only 2 or 3 key presses. Also has a cool "Web Search" feature that I use all the time...it allows you to type a search item, and then select with a drag down menu if you want to search in Google, Bing, Wikipedia, YouTube. Awesome.

Any other questions, search the forums or let me know.
    Last edited by StormJH1; 01-04-11 at 10:58 AM.
    x Nadzy x likes this.
    01-04-11 10:50 AM
    Also, bookmark this in your phone's browser:

http://m.crackberry.com/free-blackberry-apps

This is the Crackberry mobile page for all the free apps. Tons of alternate browsers, Twitter apps, messaging apps, you name it.
    x Nadzy x likes this.
    01-04-11 11:00 AM
    Did you get your 9700 working finally?
    01-04-11 11:02 AM
    I have put it in the shops today, going to pick it up tommorow.
    01-04-11 11:05 AM
    I like my theme either abstract or colours. i.e. Lines and stars ect. Can you give me a site which would have themes?
    01-04-11 11:06 AM
    I have put it in the shops today, going to pick it up tommorow.
    Oh awesome dude!

Then lemme hook you up with some good apps that are FREE

1) DuoBerry (This allows you to download YouTube movies and not get any extra carrier charges)

From your BlackBerry, visit this link to start the installation, do not forget to customize the security restrictions and set everything to ALLOW

Link: http://jelounge.dikti.net/Launcher/duoberry.jad

2) Dictionary (very neat dictionary application that can even pronounce the words for ya), to install this, in your BlackBerry browser, go to Google, then search for Dictionary then enter the first link, then download the app from there (easy to find)

3) Google Maps = from your BB, go to Google, then search for Google Maps BlackBerry when the search comes up, enter the first link, there you should see a list of all the Google applications and you will find Google Maps there

4) Google Sync (A very neat application that will enable you to backup all your contacts to your Gmail e-mail account, so incase you lose or damage your BB, you have a backup. You can always login to your Gmail account and you will see all the contacts under the Contacts section.

Let us say you ever get your phone back and have no previous backup or contacts, just load Google Sync again, and login to your email on your BB via the application, then hit Sync, it will then download all your contacts back!)

From the same page where you downloaded Google Maps, download Google Sync

5) BerryUnit Converter (good application to convert various formats like length, height, etc, into other formats, example, kgs to pounds and so on)

From your BB, navigate to Google, then search for BerryUnit Converter

Then enter the first search result you see, you will find the download button on the middle left portion of the screen.
    x Nadzy x likes this.
    01-04-11 11:14 AM
    I like my theme either abstract or colours. i.e. Lines and stars ect. Can you give me a site which would have themes?
    This is the best site for themes (CrackBerry)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/

Some are free, and some are paid

Please note, that if you do choose to install OS 6 on your 9700, there are currently no Themes that are compatibler with OS 6, however, there should be in the future. So if you do load OS 6, then you have to stick to the default theme for a while.
    x Nadzy x likes this.
    01-04-11 11:17 AM
    Also, don't forger to checkout the 2 links in my signature below, I have uploaded some very cool ringtones, I will add an English songs collection soon also so keep watching my sig and you will find the link there.
    01-04-11 11:18 AM
    I am not thinking installing a new OS because I might mess up the phone. Lol.
    01-04-11 11:19 AM
    I am not thinking installing a new OS because I might mess up the phone. Lol.
    Good idea. For a start, a user should not think of any OS update unless he is facing a major problem that can only be resolved with an OS update.

Just learn how to use the phone, install apps and themes that you like, that is the best way to start
    x Nadzy x likes this.
    01-04-11 11:26 AM
    I like this theme.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/ne...wanted-417383/

The black one, you got an idea of what themes I like now?
    01-04-11 11:32 AM
    I like this theme.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/ne...wanted-417383/

The black one, you got an idea of what themes I like now?
    Yeah I see what you mean.

When I had a 9700 with OS 5, I had many themes that all look very nice and make your BB feel like a new phone everytime.

However, for some weird reason, after a day or two, I always noticed myself going back to the old default theme. I don't know why, there is something about it, so simple, works!

But hey, that's just me, feel free to expirement with different themes.
    01-04-11 11:35 AM
    Man! I am waiting in AGONY!
    01-04-11 11:36 AM
    Man! I am waiting in AGONY!
    Did the repair shop tell you what the problem was? And are they sure they can fix it?? You have suffered enough already.
    01-04-11 11:39 AM
    They haven't told me yet, they have taken it in for a day, and they said 100% they can fix it.
    01-04-11 11:45 AM
    They haven't told me yet, they have taken it in for a day, and they said 100% they can fix it.
    Great!

Do you have a BlackBerry Data plan? Or are you planning to get one?

Coz most of the BlackBerry features will be useless without a BlackBerry Data plan, like WiFi, BlackBerry Messenger, Email services, and browsing
    01-04-11 11:47 AM
    Blackberry Data plan- Elaborate.
    01-04-11 11:49 AM
    Blackberry Data plan- Elaborate.
    Ok, so you have a BlackBerry right?

How will you use eh e-Mail functionality which the BBs are best known for? How will you browse the net?
    How will you use the BlackBerry Messenger?
    How will you use Google Maps or BB Maps for real time GPS Navigation?

You need an internet plan on your phone for that. Not a normal data connection that some Sim cards come with, but an actual BlackBerry Data plan that has internet plus the blackberry services will work from the BB servers.

Without a BlackBerry Data plan, you will have trouble even getting the phone to work on WiFi, and even if it does work, that will only be web browsing, but not BlackBerry Messenger, Facebook, or any of the above mentioned apps.

Hope I did not burst your bubble I thought you knew this before getting a BB man.
    01-04-11 11:53 AM
    Great!

Do you have a BlackBerry Data plan? Or are you planning to get one?

Coz most of the BlackBerry features will be useless without a BlackBerry Data plan, like WiFi, BlackBerry Messenger, Email services, and browsing
    WRONG. Get your facts straight.

Wifi can still work:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/
    x Nadzy x likes this.
    01-04-11 11:54 AM
    Ok, so you have a BlackBerry right?

How will you use eh e-Mail functionality which the BBs are best known for? How will you browse the net?
    How will you use the BlackBerry Messenger?
    How will you use Google Maps or BB Maps for real time GPS Navigation?

You need an internet plan on your phone for that. Not a normal data connection that some Sim cards come with, but an actual BlackBerry Data plan that has internet plus the blackberry services will work from the BB servers.

Without a BlackBerry Data plan, you will have trouble even getting the phone to work on WiFi, and even if it does work, that will only be web browsing, but not BlackBerry Messenger, Facebook, or any of the above mentioned apps.

Hope I did not burst your bubble I thought you knew this before getting a BB man.
    WiFi.

Wifi can still work:

Thanks, if I use WiFi, I should be able to use BB Messenger...right?
    01-04-11 11:59 AM

Wifi can still work:

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant like only browsing will work, but not BBM or Google Maps, etc.

And Push email will not work (push email allows you to have all your emails configured to be automatically and instantly delivered to your BlackBerry)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    01-04-11 11:59 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD