Anyone know of it? It drives me nuts that you can't just do this from the OS.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    12-30-09 09:22 AM
    12-30-09 09:26 AM
    Google is great!!

Let me google that for you
    Thanks, never heard of it.

I suppose I should rephrase and qualify my question as to avoid any further confusion:

I am aware that full-screen photo ID applications exist. Have any Blackberry Tour owners used a full-screen photo ID application? If so, what was it, and would you recommend it?

Better?
    Last edited by BVR; 12-30-09 at 12:03 PM.
    12-30-09 09:32 AM
    Hmm...no reviews...

I've never actually thought about a full screen caller ID, but it does seem like an interesting idea. If there's a decent app out there I wouldn't mind putting a few bucks down for it.
    Last edited by jabbs1; 12-30-09 at 11:16 AM.
    12-30-09 11:14 AM
    How come there is a bag of sour vinegar water lurking everywhere that has to mention something about doing a search? The man asked a question.... Its just as dumb to type out "google is your friend" or "try using the search feature" then it is just to give him the answer he is looking for and move on. If you don't have an answer or opinion for the man then don't bother reading or replying to his thread. I don't get why there are such rude arrogant people!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 12:08 PM
    I actually bought that picID2...don't waste your time. Took 40 minutes to load and after you individually set each person it won't work if the phone is locked.
    Why put this out if it doesn't work when the phones locked I don't know...

12-30-09 12:16 PM
    I actually bought that picID2...don't waste your time. Took 40 minutes to load and after you individually set each person it won't work if the phone is locked.
    Why put this out if it doesn't work when the phones locked I don't know...

You have to individually set your contacts? F*ck that!
    12-30-09 01:40 PM
    We are an angry bunch on this forum.
    12-30-09 01:43 PM
    No, not an angry bunch. Just a few select "stupid" people who make a ******** bunch.

12-30-09 01:54 PM
    OK - So I've tried CallerID2, which gave me the now-classic "purchase not found." So apparently this app is not available anymore for 9630.

I tried Video Caller ID and Caller ID Deluxe. Both were the same app with a different name (strange, I know). They were also crappy.

Those are the only 3 photo caller ID applications that I can see. But I'm confused, there HAS to be a way to get photos onto the caller IDs. It is standard on every other phone out there.

Anybody? Anybody? Anybody? Caller ID application? Bleh!!
    01-27-10 08:15 AM
    PICID2 works great..Has multiple fonts/colors to choose and includes a caller blocker that works just as well.
    The initial setup won't kill you. You can import individual contacts from the address book and export them for future upgrades, etc.
    It doesn't work when locked, but there are 3rd party lockers that it does work with...however if your life is so secret and important that you need to constantly lock and hide emails from dj mc kinky doggy fresh, then you should block calls from being viewed when locked as well.
    01-27-10 09:57 AM
    * I tried to buy this but it said "purchase not found."

* I put my phone on standby is to keep from pressing buttons in pocket. Does it work with the phone in standby? I know that it doesn't work when "locked."
    01-27-10 10:01 AM
    OK - So I've tried CallerID2, which gave me the now-classic "purchase not found." So apparently this app is not available anymore for 9630.

I tried Video Caller ID and Caller ID Deluxe. Both were the same app with a different name (strange, I know). They were also crappy.

Those are the only 3 photo caller ID applications that I can see. But I'm confused, there HAS to be a way to get photos onto the caller IDs. It is standard on every other phone out there.

Anybody? Anybody? Anybody? Caller ID application? Bleh!!
    it still available for tour and has a free trial..
    http://www.toysoft.ca/storm/PictureID2.jad

Toysoft, Inc.

PictureID2 - Full screen pictureid and callerID blocking - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps
    Last edited by hudss; 01-27-10 at 10:04 AM.
    01-27-10 10:01 AM
    Wow - Thank you very much for this.
    01-27-10 10:06 AM
    Wow - Thank you very much for this.
    where are you getting our links from? you can always goto our site Toysoft, Inc.

Just to clear up why you need to re-enter all your contacts in pictureID. The one single reason. Pictures imported from the Contacts are in original thumbnail size. that is how the Contacts app store the pictures. PictureID wont resize them because it will look really bad.

Like hudss said you can import your contacts and then just edit each contacts in pictureID and select a new picture.

If you have 100's of contacts you would want to import them. The best way to use pictureID is just add the people that you talk to regularly and for others just set a global picture for CallerID and NoCallerID contacts.
    01-27-10 02:26 PM
    Thanks VERY much for the response. Toysoft also emailed me back. So I just want to say that it is pretty awesome for you to respond so well in response to a $4 purchase that I made. Everyone on crackberry - I endorse this product.

One big problem - when I have picture ID on, my profiles seem to stop working. As long as there is one photo ID configured, my phone ringer stays on the loudest volume possible, which is pretty loud. Am I doing something wrong here or is that just the way it is?

where are you getting our links from? you can always goto our site Toysoft, Inc.

Just to clear up why you need to re-enter all your contacts in pictureID. The one single reason. Pictures imported from the Contacts are in original thumbnail size. that is how the Contacts app store the pictures. PictureID wont resize them because it will look really bad.

Like hudss said you can import your contacts and then just edit each contacts in pictureID and select a new picture.

If you have 100's of contacts you would want to import them. The best way to use pictureID is just add the people that you talk to regularly and for others just set a global picture for CallerID and NoCallerID contacts.
    01-28-10 03:20 PM
    Thanks VERY much for the response. Toysoft also emailed me back. So I just want to say that it is pretty awesome for you to respond so well in response to a $4 purchase that I made. Everyone on crackberry - I endorse this product.

One big problem - when I have picture ID on, my profiles seem to stop working. As long as there is one photo ID configured, my phone ringer stays on the loudest volume possible, which is pretty loud. Am I doing something wrong here or is that just the way it is?
    PictureID doesnt access or change the Profiles. Make sure you get the latest version from our site.

for a test. if you delete the picid and then call your bb does it still have the same problem? we have not heard of this problem before. you can try doing a battery pull and see what happens.
    01-28-10 07:15 PM
    How come whenever I take my Tour out of the holster (80% of the time I'd say) the PicID main screen is up for a few seconds then disappears? I've even selected "close" in the app menu a few times and this still happens.
    01-28-10 11:25 PM
    Thanks again for the response. I'll uninstall and reinstall and see if that fixes it up. Just to be clear, the problem is that as long as there is at least one Picture ID set up, the phone defaults to an extremely loud "classic" ring. Strangely, the first ring is different than the second ring. Strange, right? If I delete the Picture ID so that there are 0 picture IDs set up, the phone rings normally.

By the way, if you would rather I take this offline I'd be glad to. I actually work in a QA dept for a software company and I can't imagine the what a PITA it would be to get feedback through a forum.

Anyway, that's my problem.

PictureID doesnt access or change the Profiles. Make sure you get the latest version from our site.

for a test. if you delete the picid and then call your bb does it still have the same problem? we have not heard of this problem before. you can try doing a battery pull and see what happens.
    01-29-10 08:23 AM
    How come whenever I take my Tour out of the holster (80% of the time I'd say) the PicID main screen is up for a few seconds then disappears? I've even selected "close" in the app menu a few times and this still happens.
    this is part of OS5 fix.
    01-29-10 10:27 AM
    Thanks again for the response. I'll uninstall and reinstall and see if that fixes it up. Just to be clear, the problem is that as long as there is at least one Picture ID set up, the phone defaults to an extremely loud "classic" ring. Strangely, the first ring is different than the second ring. Strange, right? If I delete the Picture ID so that there are 0 picture IDs set up, the phone rings normally.

By the way, if you would rather I take this offline I'd be glad to. I actually work in a QA dept for a software company and I can't imagine the what a PITA it would be to get feedback through a forum.

Anyway, that's my problem.
    yes. you can always send email to [email protected]
    01-29-10 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD