What's the most useful app that allows you to save what you look up to your address book? So far, it seems to be 411. Does anyone know of an app that is primarily geared towards gps and allows you to do this? For instance, Poynt and telenav are great programs, but neither one allows this. Both would be perfect if they did. The new Poynt is fantastic for searching businesses, however, not only can you not add them to the address book, once you pull them up on BB maps, you can't even navigate to them. Major flaw in Poynt.

Anyone have a favorite app for looking up businesses and them saving them to your address book? Thanks
    03-08-09 11:30 AM
    What's the most useful app that allows you to save what you look up to your address book? So far, it seems to be 411. Does anyone know of an app that is primarily geared towards gps and allows you to do this? For instance, Poynt and telenav are great programs, but neither one allows this. Both would be perfect if they did. The new Poynt is fantastic for searching businesses, however, not only can you not add them to the address book, once you pull them up on BB maps, you can't even navigate to them. Major flaw in Poynt.

Anyone have a favorite app for looking up businesses and them saving them to your address book? Thanks
    Hi there Philip!

You can indeed add a business or theater listing to your address book in Poynt. Simply click on the desired listing, and select "Add to Address Book" from the menu.

If Poynt is telling you that the listing was already found in your address book, it's because there is a listing of the same name. We did this to avoid having a bunch of duplicates in the user's address book.

Upcoming releases will allow users to edit the content of the listing before adding it to the address book to get around this problem.

Would you be able to elaborate on the BB Maps problem? Depending on your device, listings are mapped to BB Maps in one of two ways:

- 8900, 9000, 9500, 8200: BB Maps is embedded into Poynt. Click on the listing and select 'Map Listing or Map All' and then choose your mapping application (BB Maps or Google Maps). You can roll over your listing and click the trackball for various actions. The key mappings are displayed at the bottom of the screen for zoom in and zoom out, previous and next.

- 8300, 8100, 8800:

Poynt calls to BB Maps. Functionality is similar.
    03-08-09 01:13 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm using a 9000 with BB maps. When I search starbucks, choose map location, bb maps comes up and shows two things:1) the starbucks with a black marker and, 2) my location with a blue marker. So how do I then get directions from where I am to that Starbucks? I can't find a way. Thanks BTW, I don't know how I missed the save to address book option; I see it now.
    Last edited by PhilipC; 03-08-09 at 01:27 PM. Reason: added
    03-08-09 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD