I have previously posted in other BerryWeather threads about a problem that I have, and which I seem to share with several others. I'll get back to the specific issue in a second. My main point here is that I found something weird when I was following up on another user's comment that the issue went away when they upgraded to v2.

When I read that, I thought to myself "I'm pretty sure I bought it when v2 came out, but I'll check". So, I went into BerryWeather and hit "About". It tells me that it's version 1.5.47.

"Hmmm", I thought to myself. "Did I download an older version by mistake, or miss the upgrade. Strange".

I was in the process of preparing to uninstall (as instructed to do when upgrading BerryWeather) when I noticed that my list of third party apps under Settings had BerryWeather at 2.0.54.

So... is BerryWeather describing itself inconsistently due to a mistake at Bellshare (i.e. reporting 2.0.54 to the BB, but 1.5.47 to the user) or is something else going on?

I'm pretty sure I have 2.0.54 so I assume the "About" just wasn't updated.

My main concern is the actual issue that led me to all this... all of the "hourly" views (actually 3-hourly increments) start 12 hours ahead of my current time. When I look at an hourly view, though, it is the pending 12 hours or so that I care most about. So, I'm increasingly frustrated that BerryWeather is not telling me something I want to know... it's telling me plenty about the middle of the night and the next day (for example) and nothing about the rest of the afternoon and evening that I'm living in.

Is Berryweather misreading my timezone or what? The shoddy QA on the version information makes me suspect a bug rather than a setting and as I said... fairly certain I am already upgraded. Will want a fix on this ASAP.
    12-11-09 04:51 PM
    If you're still seeing 3 hour increments in the hourly forecast, you're on 1.5. In 2.0 it has been changed to 1 hour increments. I cannot comment on what it is in 1.6 as I don't have it installed.

You need to uninstall 1.5 before installing 2.0. This could be why you're seeing lots of inconsistencies. Once you download the correct version of 2.0 (get them at m.bellshare.com), set all your permissions to Allow and do a battery pull/restart.
    12-11-09 05:05 PM
    Fixed. Thanks. I don't recall ever having 1.5 on there but I must've.
    12-11-09 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD