Edited on 05/08/10:
    My WeatherBerry is working perfectly now that I changed to another WeatherBerry local station, as suggested by one of the posters here. Must have just been an issue with the original station I had selected. Sorry about this thread, I'm good now, and totally enjoying my WeatherBerry! It's my favorite app for my BlackBerry, along with Viigo.

Last edited by IndePanda; 05-09-10 at 08:53 AM.
    05-05-10 08:45 PM
    I have seen that too... BerryWeather is my first app & I love it! This morning when i woke, I looked at my BB and BerryWeather had some city in Delaware up and that was from the GPS location. I'm here in Columbia, SC. I guess my BB took a trip and was back before I woke lol. This is the 2nd time it has done that. I deleted the location and put in the location on GPS again.
    05-05-10 10:10 PM
    I noticed the other night that my home location had failed to update. I have another location setup in berryweather and that location was updating fine. I think it was a problem with the weather station not reporting or something. It's fine now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 11:44 PM
    Open BEweather and press the BB button and then select another nearby location. Maybe the station you had used is offline or just misreporting.
    05-05-10 11:49 PM
    Thanks for your comments. I will follow your advise and select another close-by location and see how that works. I hope it does, because I love BerryWeather.
    05-06-10 07:25 AM
    their weather source is terrible.
    05-06-10 09:53 AM
    Thanks for your comments. I will follow your advise and select another close-by location and see how that works. I hope it does, because I love BerryWeather.
    I am almost certain that it is a weather station that was down and you just need to select another station and over time you will know which are the accurate ones for you.
    You can also go to Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground which is where BW pulls info from (which happens to be the best of all sources) or Bellshare would not use it and compare the stations for your locale just to see what is reporting online and you can match that up in BW.

Thanks for hanging in there!!

Jan
    05-06-10 02:18 PM
    their weather source is terrible.
    Do you use BerryWeather by the way? If you did and compare them to all the others you would know the Weather Underground is the most reliable reporter out there for weather apps or Bellshare would not use it.

Thanks
    05-06-10 02:20 PM
    I selected another nearby weather station in my BerryWeather contols and it is updating fine now. Thank you so much. I love BerryWeather and am so glad I can continue to use it now.
    05-06-10 09:23 PM
    I also found that sometimes it has problems with "current location". I think it may be because it has problems updating from the GPS inside buildings. I set up a location for home and places I travel to on a regular basis. I used my home location "set as home" so that's what shows on my home screen. I haven't had any more problems with it since I did that. I just change what shows on my home screen when I travel.
    05-07-10 07:49 AM
    Why not just use something like Viigo for weather and news.
    05-07-10 07:53 AM
    ....it's been working flawlessly for over a month now - not even a single annoying "N/A". I'm pretty happy with this (apparently) stable and reliable version.
    05-07-10 01:19 PM
    Amazing - you can't even say "h-e-double-hockeysticks" on CrackBerry? Must be run by the Religious Right, I guess.....
    05-07-10 01:21 PM
    I've been getting more N/As lately. I thought that's what you were going to rant about.
    05-07-10 01:40 PM
    I keep getting weird GPS location data, as in 4 states away!
    05-07-10 01:43 PM
    I have also been having a hard time tracking my current location. Its bothersome..
    05-07-10 01:54 PM
    Mine is working perfectly.

05-07-10 02:05 PM
    Must be run by the Religious Right, I guess.....
    Lol, yeah right. If that was true, than this forum would be 99% empty and this thread would be banned.

05-07-10 02:07 PM
    When first installed, it would read n/a. After I changed the settings to GPS first then fall back to cell locations, I've had no issues.
    05-07-10 02:19 PM
    70roadrunner, I do use Viigo every day and it's one of my favorite applications of all , it's very valuable. But BerryWeather is also a "must-have" application for me. It is very customizable, and at one glance at my BB's home screen, I know everything about the weather that I need to know ... with a large graphic icon, elegantly displayed, and with a font size which does not require squinting.
    05-07-10 10:00 PM
    When BerryWeather works, it works very well. But when it messes up, it does so royally.

And the funny thing is that when it is messing up, and giving me temps that are way off, or telling me I'm in Outer Patagonia, when I'm actually at home in MD, all other weather applications - including free ones - are reporting accurately.

I'm pretty sure there is a minor bug in the program that is causing these recurring problems with what is otherwise an excellent application.
    Last edited by stubbornswiss; 05-07-10 at 11:21 PM.
    05-07-10 10:57 PM
    Why not just use the program location instead of the GPS? By typing in the name of my city / province, I've never had it change in the entire time I've used BW.
    05-07-10 11:27 PM
    Why not just use the program location instead of the GPS? By typing in the name of my city / province, I've never had it change in the entire time I've used BW.
    I agree with you, when you have a location/city entered, the city does not change. The program only takes you to some out of the way places when using GPS location.

However, the erroneous temperature readings I speak about, are related to when you have a city/location saved. Sometimes the temperature will be terribly off, while other weather applications are still reading accurately.

Just my personal observations (and I believe I have read of others who have experienced the same).

But like I said, when everything is working as it should, its a great application!
    05-08-10 09:51 AM
    my berryweather been fail since last night
    05-08-10 09:59 AM
    I can not access any BerryWeather sites I have set up this morning, but access the internet just fine from the browser. Anybody else having an issue with BerryWeather? It was working fine yesterday for me.
    05-08-10 10:03 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD