Just noticed it's been updated a few days after .63 was released!

Bellshare - BerryWeather

Enjoy!
    12-17-09 08:10 AM
    There's even a further update - 2.0.65

I dropped a line on Bellshare's forum to find out what the update is.
    12-17-09 09:15 AM
    Yeah just noticed! why so many fixes in one day? surely they're not working this hard the week before xmas!
    12-17-09 09:21 AM
    When I click on link to .65, it wants to install only .64
    Anyone else seeing this?
    12-17-09 09:32 AM
    you have you refresh the page in your BB Browser.....or of course clear your browsing cache...
    12-17-09 09:36 AM
    That worked. Thanks for the help.
    12-17-09 09:41 AM
    The upgrade to 2.0.65 is recommended.

Changelog:

- Fixes bug where updates cycle when not all locations update within 60 seconds
    - More information added to event log on update failure
    And further note from the developer posted in the beta forum.

The old logic was as follows:

BerryWeather started an auto-update of all locations as soon as any of the locations' update time was older than the current auto update interval.

Testing if a location is out-dated was done every 60 seconds.

The problem with this was if one of the last locations was outdated an auto-update was triggered. If the auto-update did not finish within 60 seconds BerryWeather would check all locations again and still see the last locations being outdated. This would trigger another auto-update cycle...

The difference in the new build:

An auto-update will not be triggered if the last auto-update or manual 'Update All' is less than 'auto-interval seconds' ago.

I think this matches expected behavior: All locations will be auto-updated if only one location is out-dated at any time.
    This is what caused some massive battery drain on some devices. If there was a network problem or an issue with the weather station that was reporting, it would timeout. Since there was still old data, it would try to update again. This led to an extremely heavy load on the servers, which led to some failed updates, which led to more load on the servers, which...well, you get the picture. This build fixes it. It will only cycle through once per update interval instead of trying to update continuously. Since I've had the beta of this, I have only had one failed update, and its because the weather station went down.
    12-17-09 09:55 AM
    Still does not fix my problem of not being able to use the damn wallpaper functionality on OS 5.0.0.23.
    12-17-09 10:15 AM
    The upgrade to 2.0.65 is recommended.

Changelog:

And further note from the developer posted in the beta forum.

This is what caused some massive battery drain on some devices. If there was a network problem or an issue with the weather station that was reporting, it would timeout. Since there was still old data, it would try to update again. This led to an extremely heavy load on the servers, which led to some failed updates, which led to more load on the servers, which...well, you get the picture. This build fixes it. It will only cycle through once per update interval instead of trying to update continuously. Since I've had the beta of this, I have only had one failed update, and its because the weather station went down.
    Just confirms that BerryWeather is worth every penny! Not only is it the best looking and most accurate(for me!)of all the weather apps but the devs are constantly updating and releasing fixes and new features which is exactly what I want!
    12-17-09 10:23 AM
    Downloaded 2.0.64. Worked fine. Went to download 2.0.65 for OS 5.0, It shows on the browser the link to download 2.0.65 but it downloads 2.0.64 again. I have cleared my cache and refreshed the browser. Is there not a version 2.0.65 for OS 5.0
    12-17-09 10:26 AM
    Downloaded 2.0.64. Worked fine. Went to download 2.0.65 for OS 5.0, It shows on the browser the link to download 2.0.65 but it downloads 2.0.64 again. I have cleared my cache and refreshed the browser. Is there not a version 2.0.65 for OS 5.0
    Yep because I'm running 5.0 and have downloaded .65 fine, the only issue was it showed as .64 until I hit menu>refresh at the download page and then it updated to display .65 and I downloaded it fine.....

http://m.bellshare.com/downloads/ber...rryweather.jad
    12-17-09 10:29 AM
    That worked. Thanks!!
    12-17-09 10:33 AM
    Still does not fix my problem of not being able to use the damn wallpaper functionality on OS 5.0.0.23.
    thats because you have to download the 5.0 version of berryweather
    12-17-09 12:04 PM
    thats because you have to download the 5.0 version of berryweather
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times after installing the 5.0.0.230 OS on my Tour. And I made sure I downloaded the correct version from the bellshare website. The menu option is there but it does not work. Just cycles back to the theme default no matter what I try.
    12-17-09 12:56 PM
    It would be nice if they got everything fixed at once instead of all of these updates. I hate paying for an app when it should have never been released with as many problems as this app has.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 01:28 PM
    I just got a Mobihand email saying 2.0.65 is ready for download
    12-17-09 01:35 PM
    I'm a developer for a software house, I actually prefer having lots of releases rather than waiting for everything to be fixed at once.

If there's something that they've fixed then I want it asap rather than in a months time when something else has also been fixed...doing an update is no big deal to me...it's 3mins to download and reboot...done!
    12-17-09 03:56 PM
    When I installed .265 and attempted to run same my 9000 responded with an error message thusly:

Error starting berry weather: 'berryweather' attempts to access a secure API

Never saw that before and I've run BerryWeather for over a year. Any thoughts? What am I doing wrong?
    12-17-09 04:01 PM
    Make sure all of the permissions are ALLOW. And somewhere are settings on how you access the "ether!"
    12-17-09 05:20 PM
    I'd uninstall it and reinstall again from m.bellshare.com/berryweather
    12-17-09 05:33 PM
    Thanks. All permissions are set to ALLOW. Nothing on the BOLD has changed save my effort to install the new version of BerryWeather. I've deleted it, reinstalled it and receive the same error each time. Odd.
    12-17-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD