I just updated Berryweather and it has an annoying bug. When I go into radar maps and webcams, there is a 0 after the radar maps (meaning what? That there is no map available?), and if you click on Built-In Radar Maps it tries to load and then hangs. If it does manage to kick you out, you can't click on the Berryweather icon anymore to get to the the forecasts, and have to do a battery pull to be able to see the forecasts again. If it doesn't kick you out, you are stuck staring at a progress window that never gets past 0k, and you have to do a battery pull to get out Berryweather altogether.

Kind of a bummer.
    12-03-09 12:37 AM
    Mine does that too. It worked before the update. Shuck is all I can say.
    12-03-09 12:42 AM
    same here . I just downgraded to get my weather berry back untill all the bugs are worked out
    12-03-09 12:44 AM
    Mine does that too. It worked before the update. Shuck is all I can say.
    Yeah, mine worked perfect before I updated as well. My husband said, "Hey, thanks for beta testing that before I put it on *my* Bold."
    12-03-09 12:44 AM
    same here . I just downgraded to get my weather berry back untill all the bugs are worked out
    Yeah I wanted to, but I just did a Win 7 upgrade yesterday and even tho I backed up my old backup files, they aren't allowing me to restore anything.

It's not been my day for "upgrades".
    12-03-09 12:46 AM
    Well I don't want to check and get stuck, which version has the bug?
    I'm using 1.5.47
    12-03-09 12:47 AM
    My husband said, "Hey, thanks for beta testing that before I put it on *my* Bold."
    Lmao hilarious !!
    12-03-09 12:47 AM
    Well I don't want to check and get stuck, which version has the bug?
    I'm using 1.5.47
    The newest: 2.0.54
    12-03-09 12:48 AM
    Your good. It's 2.0
    12-03-09 12:48 AM
    ok Thanks, I'll stay put.
    12-03-09 12:50 AM
    I just updated Berryweather and it has an annoying bug. When I go into radar maps and webcams, there is a 0 after the radar maps (meaning what? That there is no map available?), and if you click on Built-In Radar Maps it tries to load and then hangs. If it does manage to kick you out, you can't click on the Berryweather icon anymore to get to the the forecasts, and have to do a battery pull to be able to see the forecasts again. If it doesn't kick you out, you are stuck staring at a progress window that never gets past 0k, and you have to do a battery pull to get out Berryweather altogether.

Kind of a bummer.
    I agree something isnt right but the (0) next to the Built-in Radar Map doesnt mean that there is no maps, if you will notice and add more maps that # increments by 1. So its just a numbering thing and they start at 1.

but you are correct the app hangs although last night after I installed it, it was working perfectly. kind of strange...
    12-03-09 04:23 AM
    I had the same problem. Turned on GPS, set it to cell tower/GPS and walked out side. Radar came right up. Not sure which one fixed the problem but it is working now.
    12-03-09 05:40 AM
    They're actually hot keys. Hit 0 and It will load the default map. If you have more than one, hit the corresponding number. It will open that map.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 07:25 AM
    The default radar map works fine for me. I did have another upgrade problem though. I went to the website to send the upgrade link to my 9700, went through the upgrade process and it pooched my phone! No reboot... just hung at the end of the boot-up progress bar, then the infamous APP ERROR 200.

I had to connect to DM on my laptop and update the OS, unchecking both versions of BW that seemed to be installed. After that I re-installed the new version of BW and everything works well.

If I had to make a suggestion, I might suggest un-installing the old version first, reboot, then install the new version.

I really like the new graphics in the new version, so I guess it was worth the headache and moments of panic when the phone got screwed up on the first try
    12-03-09 08:04 AM
    The newest: 2.0.54
    I didn't even realize I was using such an old version. This bug aside, is it worth paying 3.99 for the upgrade?
    I'm happy with what I have but if suggested I'll pay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 08:42 AM
    The default radar map works fine for me. I did have another upgrade problem though. I went to the website to send the upgrade link to my 9700, went through the upgrade process and it pooched my phone! No reboot... just hung at the end of the boot-up progress bar, then the infamous APP ERROR 200.

I had to connect to DM on my laptop and update the OS, unchecking both versions of BW that seemed to be installed. After that I re-installed the new version of BW and everything works well.

If I had to make a suggestion, I might suggest un-installing the old version first, reboot, then install the new version.

I really like the new graphics in the new version, so I guess it was worth the headache and moments of panic when the phone got screwed up on the first try
    Yes, you should have uninstalled the old version before updating to 2.0. I'm not sure what sort of instructions Mobihand sent out, but it was on Bellshare's site. Anyway, glad you have it up and working It's a very nice update.
    12-03-09 08:53 AM
    I am using the older version as well. What does everyone think? Is the $4 upgrade worth it right now? Thanks
    12-03-09 08:56 AM
    I tried using the radar in GPS location mode... It hangs there for 30 seconds saying loading, then the screen goes black, but says GPS Location in the top left-hand corner. Then, I hit the back button, and click the default radar button again, and poof... a radar map loads.

Unfortunately, it's the wrong region. I'm in Chicago, but it centers closer to Milwaukee. So I try to add my location manually, and try to see if the radar will center properly. Nope, it doesn't, but at least it's loading something now on the first click of the radar button.

By the way, none of the radar features were working for me last night. Maybe, they fixed something?...
    12-03-09 10:34 AM
    I tried using the radar in GPS location mode... It hangs there for 30 seconds saying loading, then the screen goes black, but says GPS Location in the top left-hand corner. Then, I hit the back button, and click the default radar button again, and poof... a radar map loads.

Unfortunately, it's the wrong region. I'm in Chicago, but it centers closer to Milwaukee. So I try to add my location manually, and try to see if the radar will center properly. Nope, it doesn't, but at least it's loading something now on the first click of the radar button.

By the way, none of the radar features were working for me last night. Maybe, they fixed something?...
    Found out the centering problem wasn't a big problem at all. You can set how large of a range to download in the options>radar. It just loads default to the top left portion of the map. So if you set your pixel size of the map smaller, your desired location should be within your window, marked by a red pin.
    12-03-09 10:37 AM
    Actually, it remembers your last view (zoom level, and position). It doesn't go back to the top left and zoomed-in view.
    12-03-09 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD