Anyone else notice how much slower phone runs with this app, switched from weatherbug when they had the 50% sale last week, and now my phone is like a slug when I type pw in it takes about w0 seconds to register same with sending sms's sits on send option for awhile and freezes up...

I just don't understand because I hear nothing but good about this app but its the only thing I've changed since this problem started. I use quickpull for nightly pulls too so its not as if I have tons of apps running

Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 06:57 PM
    yes. the same exact thing happened to me. especially the sms 'send' hang. i read in one thread that it should be fixed with the next update. i'm thinking about uninstalling to see if it helps. but i love this app. it's by far my favorite weather app so i can't wait until they fix this problem
    10-12-09 07:30 PM
    I've noticed too and was about to do a search when I saw this thread. It doesn't happen all the time but a good number of times throughout the day. It never happened before so I figured it must be berryweather...
    10-12-09 07:31 PM
    Anyone else notice how much slower phone runs with this app, switched from weatherbug when they had the 50% sale last week, and now my phone is like a slug when I type pw in it takes about w0 seconds to register same with sending sms's sits on send option for awhile and freezes up...

I just don't understand because I hear nothing but good about this app but its the only thing I've changed since this problem started. I use quickpull for nightly pulls too so its not as if I have tons of apps running

Any ideas?

Yep it does have some lag.
    If you wouldn't mind posting in bellshare thread as well it would much appreciated.
    www.bellshare.com • View topic - Email/SMS lag- Berryweather
    10-12-09 07:33 PM
    My tour does this as well, only mine does it when im unlocking the screen. Ill hit the * key and the send key to unlock it and sometimes it will stay on the lock screen for 10-15 seconds before it finally unlocks. Sometimes if its sitting there unlocked and I pick it up it will be stuck on one of the icons on the screen and i can scroll everywhere with the trackball and it just sits there frozen for like 10-15 seconds as well. I've taken berryweather off of the phone and it definitely is the app thats causing the hang so ill be glad when they update it because its my favorite weather app by far.

At first i thought i had a faulty phone but mine runs great other than this lag from berryweather sometimes.

Oh and BTW im running OS 5.0.0.230 and it also did this on the 4.7 builds.
    10-12-09 07:56 PM
    My tour does this as well, only mine does it when im unlocking the screen. Ill hit the * key and the send key to unlock it and sometimes it will stay on the lock screen for 10-15 seconds before it finally unlocks. Sometimes if its sitting there unlocked and I pick it up it will be stuck on one of the icons on the screen and i can scroll everywhere with the trackball and it just sits there frozen for like 10-15 seconds as well. I've taken berryweather off of the phone and it definitely is the app thats causing the hang so ill be glad when they update it because its my favorite weather app by far.

At first i thought i had a faulty phone but mine runs great other than this lag from berryweather sometimes.

yes i'm getting the unlock screen lag as well its just that I have a password so I called it the pw screen
    10-13-09 08:09 AM

I get the lag issue upon unlocking, but it does not persist once I unlock. The lag upon unlock issue is only about 3-4 seconds for me so I can live with it because berryweather is such a great app. I'm sure Bellshare will release an update to fix the problem soon.
    10-13-09 08:42 AM
    any updates on this issue? it seems my phone is lagging whenever i try sending a sms now or unlock and its sticking for 5-6 seconds constantly really irritating!!!
    10-19-09 06:36 PM
    Aside from that my temp is horribly off (at least 8 degrees) and radar loads when it wants to.
    Should have stuck with a free app.
    10-19-09 06:52 PM
    the dev is aware of these issues and is looking into them
    10-19-09 07:23 PM
    Hopefully they figure this out qucik..I've had to shut off auto lock while holstered because it takes THAT long to get off the lock screen...

If u want a fast phone weatherbug ftw...want pretty and slow 5$ berryweather!

10-20-09 10:14 AM
    Hopefully they figure this out qucik..I've had to shut off auto lock while holstered because it takes THAT long to get off the lock screen...

I have a Bold and have been using BerryWeather for quite some time. I never noticed any real lag with the program. I keep track of four locations updating weather and alerts every 30 minutes. On my 4.6 OS, it took maybe a second or two to go from the unlock screen to the home screen. Negligible, really.

I just upgraded to 5.0, and I'd say the lag is gone. After entering my password and hitting enter, I'm at the home screen instantly.

So maybe it's the OS you have. Have you tried upgrading?
    10-20-09 12:14 PM
    Yep it does have some lag.
    If you wouldn't mind posting in bellshare thread as well it would much appreciated.
    www.bellshare.com • View topic - Email/SMS lag- Berryweather
    Yeah, well....good luck in getting any response out of Bellshare. Some of the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

Great app, though, despite it's occasional quirks, which (if you're patient) always seem to eventually correct themselves. However, I've never experienced the "lag" that's being discussed, and I'd be willing to bet that it's not the BerryWeather app. Check to see what other programs are running...
    10-20-09 01:32 PM
    Yeah, well....good luck in getting any response out of Bellshare. Some of the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

Great app, though, despite it's occasional quirks, which (if you're patient) always seem to eventually correct themselves. However, I've never experienced the "lag" that's being discussed, and I'd be willing to bet that it's not the BerryWeather app. Check to see what other programs are running...
    the original post i explained that I use quickpull daily and close out of programs when finished, it is berryweather as this problem did not occur until using berryweather...the only other thing some people think it may be is BBM 5.0 however, i had that for a week before dl'in berryweather with no issues...

As for upgrading the OS i am on 4.7.153 which is the newest official OS for the tour to my knowledge, I don't want to run any leaked OS, however hopefully when the storm2 comes out sooner then later they make bring out 5.0 and the issue goes away

For now i guess i'll just deal with it and I have 4 locations with 30 min updates as well
    10-20-09 02:04 PM
    I started noticing lag as well when I bout the 1/2 price berryweather. I do very much like the app so hopefully they fix the problem soon. I notice the lag mostly when sending emails...but it pops up going through shortcutme and at other times.
    10-20-09 02:20 PM

Where can I get it for $5?
    10-20-09 02:46 PM
    Where can I get it for $5?
    wait for it to go on sale in the app store
    10-20-09 02:49 PM
    Its on sale still until the 29th I think? Go to app store on crackberry or use the crackberry mobile app store from your phone

10-28-09 08:19 AM
    I hadn't noticed the lag until I read this thread.
    I thought it was the network.
    I'm going to disable BerryWeather & see if there is a difference.

I'm on 5.0.0.314 & have been loving this OS.

I also have BBM 5.0.33, but haven't followed any threads on this app yet. (too busy w/.314 threads)

Thanks for the info.
    10-28-09 01:03 PM
    I hadn't noticed the lag until I read this thread.
    I thought it was the network.
    I'm going to disable BerryWeather & see if there is a difference.
    Thanks for the info.
    Is the verdict in yet? Lol

10-28-09 07:19 PM
    Rumor is that berryweather 2.0 is in the works and pretty snappy. Got some very nice updates. Not sure of when we'll see it, but I get the impression it will be fairly soon

10-28-09 07:34 PM
    I have had no lag at all, my device and os are 8330/4.5.0.138.

Thnx, �Tripster�

10-28-09 07:44 PM
    Rumor is that berryweather 2.0 is in the works and pretty snappy. Got some very nice updates. Not sure of when we'll see it, but I get the impression it will be fairly soon

Does anyone have any idea when 2.0 will drop? thanks!

10-29-09 05:05 PM
    The things I've read had people testing some form of 2.0.... As for a specific time, I couldn't tell you. I'm banking on the end of the year. But that's purely speculation. I've got nothing to back it up.

10-29-09 05:27 PM
    Lag is being looked into with fix around the corner.
    10-29-09 10:10 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD