I have been reading peoples opinions on berryweather and one of the reasons I bought this app was because everyones review I have read claims it is a great app. Until now I had been using the free BBweather app with home screen icon/temp, it worked great with no memory leaks or battery drain. So the other day I bought six apps during the 50% app sale, one being berryweather. After loading these six apps I noticed a serious memory and battery drain on my Tour and just spent two days eliminating them one at a time to find the culprit. Turns out it is berryweather. I lose 20 mb in the first two hours it runs. When I found out berryweather was the problem I played with some of the settings to see if I can reduce the drain with no luck. Berryweather sucks battery juice and memory like crazy! I have had my phone on since my last reboot for 4 hours with berryweather turned off and my phone has been at 82.7 mb without ANY loss whatsoever. I have even been using the crap out of Tour using the web browser, facebook, annoying everyone with needless SMS text just to see if this has any effect and nothing. I can say without a doubt that berryweather blows monkey chunks and is not worth the half price I paid for it!
    12-30-09 09:36 PM
    Not only what you said. The content SUCKS!!!! No forecast, just some stupid picture and a couple of numbers. That doesn't cut it for a $10 app. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!!!! Back to weatherbug for me.
    12-30-09 09:51 PM
    Well at least you could get it to work, I've had it for 3 days now and still can't even get it to run after install. I also bought this based on the reviews so I am very perplexed. Hopefully BerryWeather will respond to my email request for assistance.
    12-30-09 10:41 PM
    heh. glad you people are starting to realize "wtf, why did i just buy a 10$/overpriced weather app"
    12-30-09 10:54 PM
    Especially when you can get TWC for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 10:57 PM
    3 bucks here 4 bucks there, I think some of these guys know they are putting out crap but figure for the small amount of money we wont do anything about it. Meanwhile the owners of crackberry keep pimpin out these applications. Makes me wonder how much money is being floated around crackberry to keep these apps upfront while we fall for the snake-oil? I think CrackBerry Kevin would have done well in the wild west in a top hat in front of the podium. Step right up folks, your blackberry not running like it should? Try some of Dr. blackberry's magic fix! Guaranteed to fix everything wrong with your blackberry! But sir it doesn't work! Did you buy some? Yes sir! Go away kid your botherin me.
    12-30-09 11:08 PM
    I have had absolutely no problems with Berryweather since it first came out. It works great for me.

12-30-09 11:52 PM
    I have had absolutely no problems with Berryweather since it first came out. It works great for me.

What do you use to keep track of your memory, or do you even keep track of memory loss?

12-31-09 12:01 AM
    Have found BW to be too much a drain on resources for little in return. Too much supposed eye candy and not enough content. When will the devs give a care to release a BW Lite with unadulterated content presented simply?

12-31-09 12:03 AM
    It blows. You can bet there will be some major issue soon, they are due.

12-31-09 12:46 AM
    3 bucks here 4 bucks there, I think some of these guys know they are putting out crap but figure for the small amount of money we wont do anything about it. Meanwhile the owners of crackberry keep pimpin out these applications. Makes me wonder how much money is being floated around crackberry to keep these apps upfront while we fall for the snake-oil? I think CrackBerry Kevin would have done well in the wild west in a top hat in front of the podium. Step right up folks, your blackberry not running like it should? Try some of Dr. blackberry's magic fix! Guaranteed to fix everything wrong with your blackberry! But sir it doesn't work! Did you buy some? Yes sir! Go away kid your botherin me.
    heh, this reminds me of a discussion in this thread in regards to the same app. The best part of it is that a few days after this thread one of the mods posted a blog glorifing the application. No where in the review did they mention any defects or the lack of customer service. Many of these reviews are just advertisements for the app.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/admins-regarding-berryweather-2-0-a-382405/

Last edited by b4k3d; 12-31-09 at 01:26 AM.
    12-31-09 01:21 AM
    Yeah I have tried many weather progs and I love weatherbug. Its always pretty accurate in my area, it has weather alerts when a big storm is coming, and the other day, it even alerted me with an Amber alert which I thought was pretty cool. Oh, and of course I like the price... Free.

12-31-09 01:25 AM
    So the other day I bought six apps during the 50% app sale, one being berryweather.
    Why did you buy it instead of just installing the trial version?

I guess when it comes to a weather program it all depends on what you want. I installed the trial version of BeWeather and it looks OK to me. It gives me the forecast & temperature on the home screen, it lets you add multiple locations and gives you a simple 7 day forecast. That being said I won't buy it because weather isn't something I think I choose to spend my $ on. It is just as easy to set a link to any of the weather sites and go there. Weather is at the bottom of my food chain.
    12-31-09 05:47 AM
    Always try the free trial on apps. I have berryweather on 3 of our phones, and they all work fine. I do keep track of my memory, more then I should, I restarted my phone 4 days ago deleting a app, and my memory has been very stable.

Everyone knows that all blackberry's do not run the same. If a app works great on my phone, it may not work great on my friends phone. When there is a free trial, I suggest using it before buying the app.

And on these forums, you cant go by the negative feedback people post about a app, most everything in these forums are complaints. People always leave a complaint in the forum, but very seldom do we see people post the good stuff. It is working, no need to do anymore, if it is not working, we want to ***** about it, human nature.

I for one will say I have 4 people with berryweather, and all 4 are happy with it. And I am not a mod. I will agree on one thing in this post on berryweather, their customer support is not good. If you hear back from them, you are a lucky one.
    12-31-09 07:22 AM
    Weather Bug - it's free and has run without issue on my Curve 8330 and now my Tour
    12-31-09 07:33 AM
    yea I have BerryWeather and (lucky for me) its always worked...I am using the original version 1.5- 2.0 looks great but geeeez it kills file space...and remember when you use a "leaked" OS or a "hybrid" some apps have bugs or aren't compatible...even older an OS might cause issues with app upgrades because they are geared towards the 5.0 OS's that are widespread thru all Berry devices...

I hope all my fellow CRACKBERRY ADDICTS have a joyous, happy and healthy NEW YEAR!!!! and remember to have a designated driver!!!!!!
    12-31-09 07:47 AM
    Weather Bug - it's free and has run without issue on my Curve 8330 and now my Tour
    Weatherbug(the one that was listed here in this forum by weatherbug person) never did work correct on my 8330,lol . I tried it when Berryweather was going tho all those updates a few weeks ago. I have had weatherbug elite on my ipod for a while and sometimes get it saying its "0" =zero out when its really like 42 out ,,,,,but again I never could get weatherbug to work on my BB and then they got Berryweather working again ,(no I dont leave it on unless I need it on though)
    12-31-09 12:21 PM
    BerryWeather ended my long search for a perfect weather app long ago. I've never had any problems with it, and I love all of the features. Version 2.0 was an awesome upgrade to an already awesome app!

12-31-09 07:14 PM
    BerryWeather ended my long search for a perfect weather app long ago. I've never had any problems with it, and I love all of the features. Version 2.0 was an awesome upgrade to an already awesome app!

This is the kind of crap that I have read that got me to buy the app. Little did I realize these are the "Challenged" kids in the corner eating paste.

My fault I have learned my lesson crackberry is nothing more than a business pushing the current crap that has come down the shoot. Never mind what kind of performance they actually provide its the profit margin that is the real performing factor for these guys. O.K. I fell for it and I have learned my lesson, I have no one to blame but myself. All I am saying is buyer beware.

If you are going to buy an app make sure it has a free cousin you can test drive first. If you go off of the good recommendations of most of these people here, you will need to realize that most of them are not allowed to leave the house without a helmet on.
    12-31-09 07:42 PM
    This is the kind of crap that I have read that got me to buy the app. Little did I realize these are the "Challenged" kids in the corner eating paste.

My fault I have learned my lesson crackberry is nothing more than a business pushing the current crap that has come down the shoot. Never mind what kind of performance they actually provide its the profit margin that is the real performing factor for these guys. O.K. I fell for it and I have learned my lesson, I have no one to blame but myself. All I am saying is buyer beware.

If you are going to buy an app make sure it has a free cousin you can test drive first. If you go off of the good recommendations of most of these people here, you will need to realize that most of them are not allowed to leave the house without a helmet on.

Stone-less:

With all due respect, you come across as a myopic moron! Is it beyond the realm of possibility that many have indeed been satisfied with the product? As the old aphorism goes, "your mileage may vary". Obviously you are less than pleased with the product; but that does not in anyway mean that others could not possibly have a positive experience other than having a secondary gain or are a paste eating "challenged" kid. Continue your caterwalling if you must.

As for me, the cost:benefit ratio was to my liking prior to purchasing after taking into account all that read. I had never purchased an app previously; and months ago did not think that I would purchase a freaking weather app at that! I read the same reviews (you know, the great app, poor CS theme); signed on for the free 3-day trial; gambled my $4.97 after less than 6hours. As a result, I now have a program that meets my needs without any complications or difficulties.

In closing, it speaks so well of you that you are easily influenced by the very people you choose to mock and ridicule. Don't go away mad, just go away!
    12-31-09 08:45 PM
    With all due respect, you come across as a myopic moron!
    Broke out the dictionary did ya!

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that many have indeed been satisfied with the product?
    Absolutely! Those are the paste eaters that do not realize that this application is draining their memory and causing all of their Blackberry lag. But yet they give the program a big thumbs up. Being satisfied has nothing to do with it MR. "Myopic"

Continue your caterwalling if you must
    That is what I am doing right now.......oh BTW it is c-a-t-e-r-w-a-u-l-i-n-g, not c-a-t-e-r-w-a-l-l-i-n-g, you must have but down the dictionary after the first sentence.

Don't go away mad, just go away!
    Not mad and not going away.
    Last edited by stoneworrior; 12-31-09 at 09:32 PM.
    12-31-09 09:26 PM
    I too have a problem with BerryWeather, it hasn't run since I purchased it. While I haven't been pleased with the tech support I realize it is the holidays and I'm willing to wait a week or so and hope for the best. I didn't preview the app, though I know I should have, because I have been using BerryBuzz from the same company and I also read the reviews. That being said I think stoneworrior owes the CrackBerry staff, and in particular Kevin, an apology. The malicious accusations he makes are way over the top. He has no evidence but he throws out the assertions that CrackBerry is guilty of collusion. The CrackBerry community doesn't need this type of user in my opinion. He would do well to apologize and make amends in my opinion.
    12-31-09 09:29 PM
    Broke out the dictionary did ya!
    You obviously had to.
    12-31-09 09:35 PM
    That being said I think stoneworrior owes the CrackBerry staff, and in particular Kevin, an apology. The malicious accusations he makes are way over the top. He has no evidence but he throws out the assertions that CrackBerry is guilty of collusion. The CrackBerry community doesn't need this type of user in my opinion. He would do well to apologize and make amends in my opinion.
    Then you didn't read the following and the attached links. But yet the application was still being pushed afterward. And I have stated it is MY fault, I accept the responsibility. Crackberry is a business first that is obvious to me now, before I was thinking this was just a forum for people to collaborate about RIM and the Blackberry products. I now know better.

heh, this reminds me of a discussion in this thread in regards to the same app. The best part of it is that a few days after this thread one of the mods posted a blog glorifing the application. No where in the review did they mention any defects or the lack of customer service. Many of these reviews are just advertisements for the app.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/adm...-2-0-a-382405/

And if it seems that I am angry I am not just stating my opinions. Some will agree, some will not. But this is still supposed to be a open forum for people to express how they feel about a 3rd party app. if you don't like how I do it that is your prerogative. Just as this expression is mine.
    12-31-09 09:44 PM
    A mispelling on my part, and plenty of non sequitors by you does not mitigate the fact that many have not had the problems that you have encountered. Continue to ***** and moan; proof read for spelling errors; and perform the artful dodge with non sequitors if you must; it's nothing more than masterbation. It may make you feel better, but it doesn't produce anything.

Noticing that you live in SoCal, I'm guessing that your weekend forecast would be: clear to partly cloudy with highs ranging 65-70� F, and night time lows of 45-50� F. You are always welcomed to purchase the full version of my meterologic forecasting after this 3 day trial.

Link: Blacker-The-BerryWeather - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    12-31-09 11:09 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD