Hi,
    The only reason I didn't buy BerryWeather app before is that it cannot push weather data to the home screen like Weather Plus by MMMOOO. But I just found this video online what seems like push to screen data:

Can BerryWeather push data to home screen? (I am NOT talking about having a weather slot. I am looking for weather on the background like Weather Plus by MMMOOO. this is also known as push to wallpaper or push to screen)

The reason I like berry weather is that it has "feels like" conditions that other app doesn't have.

THANK YOU.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 04-26-11 at 03:27 PM.
    04-26-11 03:23 PM
    You can set up your weather icon or even a full weeks forecast on your homescreen. Have you been following the Berryweather icon thread at all? There are a bunch of screenies with different options on how you can push the weather, as well as some great people to help you along in case you have any questions (I haven't used Weather Plus but setting up the BW screen on your homescreen can be a little complicated).

(Also, you can't go wrong with so many wonderful sets to choose from )
    mssca likes this.
    04-26-11 03:32 PM
    You can set up your weather icon or even a full weeks forecast on your homescreen. Have you been following the Berryweather icon thread at all? There are a bunch of screenies with different options on how you can push the weather, as well as some great people to help you along in case you have any questions (I haven't used Weather Plus but setting up the BW screen on your homescreen can be a little complicated).

(Also, you can't go wrong with so many wonderful sets to choose from )
    So, by default the original BerryWeather app can't push information to the home screen?
    04-26-11 03:47 PM
    Are you asking paid or non paid version comparison?
    04-26-11 03:52 PM
    So, by default the original BerryWeather app can't push information to the home screen?
    Well it DOES push the information, but you have to set up the screen how/where you want the icon to show. For example, if you get the app, it won't automatically put a weather ICON on the homescreen by itself. The weather icon will be in your dock or weather slot, or wherever you decide to move it. Most people use themes with a weather slot to put the icon there as it is the easiest to do. However if you want to use a theme without a weather slot, you go into your BW settings. You can set it up so that it is in the top right corner, bottom left corner, etc...you can also set up how big you want it, what you want to show(conditions, hi/lo, etc), the font you want it to be in, whether you want a full weeks forecast to show etc.

If you want to take a look at the last 40~50 pages of the Berryweather Icon thread it will give you a good idea on the different settings you can do with BW.

Question: I haven't used Weather Plus but I have used other weather apps, such as Weather Bug or Weather Channel. None of them automatically put an icon on the screen without any kind of setting or weather slot option. Does Weather Plus just pop a weather icon on your homescreen without you doing anything?
    mssca likes this.
    04-26-11 03:59 PM
    Question: I haven't used Weather Plus but I have used other weather apps, such as Weather Bug or Weather Channel. None of them automatically put an icon on the screen without any kind of setting or weather slot option. Does Weather Plus just pop a weather icon on your homescreen without you doing anything?
    WeatherPlus by MMMOOO is the first app that I know which will push weather data to the home screen. Even when the device is locked, it will show the weather information AND it will update in the background. After you download, you have to go to the setting and enable push data to screen. It if FREE for a limited time and I recommended downloading it while it last. After you download you need to email them with your PIN and get the registration done.

See the picture bellow:

Here is a link: BlackBerry App World - Weather Plus 2.0.4 - Automatically n Straightly on background

The ONLY and one and ONLY reason I don't like it is that in Canada +10C in actual reading can have a feel like condition of -1C that us a huge gap and this app doesn't offer that information.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 04-26-11 at 04:44 PM.
    luvbuglady likes this.
    04-26-11 04:38 PM
    Are you asking paid or non paid version comparison?
    Paid version
    04-26-11 04:42 PM
    I want the BerryWeather data in a small section like I have it right now on my BB 9700 with WeatherPlus.
    04-26-11 04:46 PM
    I want the BerryWeather data in a small section like I have it right now on my BB 9700 with WeatherPlus.
    You can do this with BW as well but it is a bit more complicated than just "Enable push to screen" lol! I can understand the frustration you must get if the temp is so far off of the "feels like" condition Another great feature of BW is that it will let you change or add different weather stations near your area. Because each weather station reports a little differently, you can choose the one that you think is the best, or have several weather stations for one area.

If you are worried about being able to set up the info on your homescreen then rest assured you can do it with BW. But I do warn you it will take some playing around to get your settings the way you want it. It may make it a bit more involved in setting up your weather, but on the other hand it gives you that many more different options to have the weather however you like it.

Weatherplus sounds like a good app and alot of people are fine with a simple weather app. For me, I'm too in love with changing my weather sets everyday lol!
    mssca likes this.
    04-26-11 04:58 PM
    Looks like weather plus does not give warnings
    04-26-11 05:09 PM
    Looks like weather plus does not give warnings
    I am in Canada and someone told me that even BerryWeather warning are NOT working properly in Canada and I won't get any radar maps either.
    04-26-11 05:18 PM
    I am in Canada and someone told me that even BerryWeather warning are NOT working properly in Canada and I won't get any radar maps either.
    You can make your own custom radar maps which basically uses links to any type of radar map you want so I'm not sure why that wouldn't work.

I can't say to the alerts; maybe some Canadian users can chime in lol! Either way, I don't think you will regret it if you get it but if Weather Plus works for the most part for you, stick with what works for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 09:46 PM
    Does BerryWeather "Push" data to the home screen wallpaper option, yes, at whatever interval you set it at. There are "push" options for Weather Alerts and such tho.

You can setup BW to be on your home screen even without a weather slot, with as little or as much info as you want. There are a variety of options for different things.

BerryWeather is a VERY feature packed application which has received numerous awards on CrackBerry, etc. because it does weather like a BlackBerry app should do weather!

There is also a Free version, but the Free version doesn't have all the features that BerryWeather is known for. The price IS well worth it in my opinion and they always have a sale on it where you can get if for half price or the like.

It will do what you are looking for and a whole lot more! Plus, BW is compatible with many other apps in different ways!
    mssca likes this.
    04-27-11 09:50 PM
    The price IS well worth it in my opinion and they always have a sale on it where you can get if for half price or the like.
    Do you know that will it go on sale soon? I am a student and tight on money and a penny saved is a penny earned. I buy so many apps and software programs and if I can save 50% on each one of them, I would be rich!

Also will the temperature show up on a locked screen as well?
    Last edited by mss-ca; 04-27-11 at 10:18 PM.
    04-27-11 10:13 PM
    Do you know that will it go on sale soon? I am a student and tight on money and a penny saved is a penny earned. I buy so many apps and software programs and if I can save 50% on each one of them, I would be rich!

Also will the temperature show up on a locked screen as well?
    The sales are random, I wish I knew exactly when or if it was gonna be soon. When I purchased it, I paid in full! I didn't want to wait but they do often have the app on sale. If you can or want to wait, then I'm sure it will happen soon enough!

I'm not 100% sure about that either way because I don't really use a password lock on my device. I wanna say yes, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else could chime in there ha.

mssca likes this.
    04-27-11 10:24 PM
    WeatherPlus by MMMOOO is the first app that I know which will push weather data to the home screen. Even when the device is locked, it will show the weather information AND it will update in the background. After you download, you have to go to the setting and enable push data to screen. It if FREE for a limited time and I recommended downloading it while it last. After you download you need to email them with your PIN and get the registration done.

See the picture bellow:

Here is a link: BlackBerry App World - Weather Plus 2.0.4 - Automatically n Straightly on background

The ONLY and one and ONLY reason I don't like it is that in Canada +10C in actual reading can have a feel like condition of -1C that us a huge gap and this app doesn't offer that information.
    FYI: BerryWeather did this functionality first. The paid version has had this feature for well over a year or more now. Just saying.

04-27-11 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD