Got an email stating there was an upgrade to BerryWeather. Downloaded the new upgrade 2.0.63 and now when I click on the new icon I'm getting this error message " error starting berrweather.Class'com.bellshare.berryweather.Advis ory'multiply defined"

What do I do now?
    12-13-09 06:37 PM
    Got an email stating there was an upgrade to BerryWeather. Downloaded the new upgrade 2.0.63 and now when I click on the new icon I'm getting this error message " error starting berrweather.Class'com.bellshare.berryweather.Advis ory'multiply defined"

What do I do now?
    Try deleting the old version, then install the upgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 06:42 PM

What do I do now?
    I'm not having the same problem, but ever since I've upgraded to 2.0, my phone's been freezing up when unlocking and when sending texts. I love BerryWeather and I don't want to have to uninstall it, but it's causing some serious problems.

How did you upgrade? Like where did you purchase the program I mean (crackberry store, mobihand store, app world, etc.)?
    12-13-09 06:42 PM
    yea at mobihand store directed from crackberry. sent my phone an email and clicked on the link
    12-13-09 06:43 PM
    The old version isn't listed in my apllications list under advanced options. hmmm confused!
    12-13-09 06:46 PM
    yea at mobihand store directed from crackberry. sent my phone an email and clicked on the link
    You need to uninstall the previous version before upgrading, so that's probably the problem. Uninstall all versions currently installed, reboot, and then click the link and install the new version. It should work. 2.0 is a really great update, by the way!

My favorite feature is being able to set the weather as part of the wallpaper so you don't have to use themes with a weather slot. Plus you can make the icons large so it looks really good on the homescreen.

Last edited by daseff; 12-13-09 at 06:51 PM.
    12-13-09 06:47 PM
    thanks. rebooting now.
    12-13-09 06:56 PM
    Appears to working now. Thanks crackberry family !
    12-13-09 07:12 PM
    daseff, how did you get it to be on your wallpaper?
    12-13-09 07:31 PM
    12-13-09 07:55 PM
    Open BerryWeather > click the BB button > scroll to "settings" > go to "display settings" > make the icons the size you want (mine is XX-large for current conditions and medium for forecasts), change the font to the size you want (mine is 8) > press the back button (if it asks you to save changes, save them) >

get to here, but can't find the place to "check off the first box (Show Current conditions..) and so on.

go to "homescreen wallpaper" > check off the first box (Show current condtions...) > select the settings you want (mine is centered, 50% backdrop, etc) > scroll down to "select image" and select the image you want as your actual wallpaper > press back, save changes, go back to the homescreen. Wait a few seconds and your new wallpaper with large weather icons will appear! It may take a few times to get it to look just right though, I changed the icon sizes and font sizes and margins about 5 times.
    12-13-09 08:12 PM
    You need to uninstall the previous version before upgrading, so that's probably the problem. Uninstall all versions currently installed, reboot, and then click the link and install the new version. It should work. 2.0 is a really great update, by the way!

My favorite feature is being able to set the weather as part of the wallpaper so you don't have to use themes with a weather slot. Plus you can make the icons large so it looks really good on the homescreen.

After the update I no longer have the option to make it my wallpaper.
    12-13-09 08:13 PM
    oh well. The update does seem better.
    12-13-09 08:23 PM
    I wonder if they took that option off? I'm running version 2.0.54, not .63
    12-13-09 08:25 PM
    must have. I'm running 4.7 OS and Berry Weather .63
    12-13-09 08:52 PM
    I have not upgraded to the .63 version as of yet, but I did have a problem when I first go version 2. The link that was provided was for the BB OS v 4.2 or above. It might be possible that the people that are having the home screen weather issue could possibly have the wrong version. What I ended up doing for the last update was to to Bellshares Site and make sure that I downloaded the correct version. In my case it was 2.0.63 (OS 4.7 and higher).

Like I said, I can't confirm that this is the case, but it would only cost a reboot or 2 of your phone. I would try tonight, but time is not on my side.
    12-13-09 09:03 PM
    I have not upgraded to the .63 version as of yet, but I did have a problem when I first go version 2. The link that was provided was for the BB OS v 4.2 or above. It might be possible that the people that are having the home screen weather issue could possibly have the wrong version. What I ended up doing for the last update was to to Bellshares Site and make sure that I downloaded the correct version. In my case it was 2.0.63 (OS 4.7 and higher).

Like I said, I can't confirm that this is the case, but it would only cost a reboot or 2 of your phone. I would try tonight, but time is not on my side.
    I'm running 5.0.230 and I made sure to download the 5.0 version of BerryWeather, but I still have the problem
    12-13-09 09:04 PM
    I'm running 5.0.230 and I made sure to download the 5.0 version of BerryWeather, but I still have the problem
    well d@mn, I thought I would at least try. sorry... back to the drawing board or wait for ANOTHER update...

UPDATE
    I when to bellshare and used the link for 2.0.63 (OS 4.7 and higher) and did an upgrade and after the reboot, all of my options to add weather to the wallpaper are there.
    I am running the stock OS on my Sprint Tour 4.7.1.40
    Last edited by Roaming_Gnome; 12-13-09 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Update
    12-13-09 09:06 PM
    .64 upgrade has the homescreen feature. I like it.
    12-15-09 11:02 PM
    I'm running Berryweather version 2.0.65 (latest). Ever since I've upgraded to this version, I get an error screen when I reboot my Storm 9550. Picture below shows the error dialog. With the previous version, I never had this problem. However, after rebooting and dismissing this message, Berryweather works fine. I do find this screen bugging - any suggestions?

01-17-10 01:10 AM
    I'm running Berryweather version 2.0.65 (latest). Ever since I've upgraded to this version, I get an error screen when I reboot my Storm 9550. Picture below shows the error dialog. With the previous version, I never had this problem. However, after rebooting and dismissing this message, Berryweather works fine. I do find this screen bugging - any suggestions?

it looks like something went wrong when you loaded your OS. berryweather is not causing your problem
    01-17-10 11:15 AM
    Bbweather freezes my phone so I have to pull the battery all the time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD