After reading all the "wow" comments about BerryWeather I decided to download it for a trial. Initially all was well (immediately after download) but almost immediately the following things started happening:

1) Cities I enter besides my location disappear. I've put in Vancouver BC and Boston 3 times and the next time I open the app they're gone. When I re-enter them I get an error message--Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.NonPersistableObjectExce ption (although the new cities do get entered, at least temporarily).

2) My own location stays entered but when I open the app there's no data for my city and it says "never updated." So I have to update it manually each time I look at it. I have it set for auto update every 2 hours.

There's some other things too, but needless to say I'm unlikely to purchase this if it won't work properly on my device and carrier. I'm running 4.2.2.196. I have BW set to GPS only since that's what was advised by BellShare for Verizon customers.

I am I doing something wrong, or is this app for those with newer BBs? I'm new-ish, and this is only the 2nd 3rd party app I've tried.

Update: Two hours after my original post, things seem to be working.
    Last edited by Sue88; 08-11-09 at 01:32 PM. Reason: update
    08-11-09 11:59 AM
    Make sure you didn't download the wrong version of Berryweather.

Also, Berryweather didn't get tested on 4.2 OS devices during the betas. If it did I'm unaware of it so there might be an issue with the older OS your running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 01:46 PM
    Ok try to unistall and redownload the 4.2.1 version. Then do a battery pull. After that try to set a location but not a current location. We'll go through this step by step and get you running. Once completed this post back what errors may show up.
    08-11-09 04:43 PM
    So I went to Options/Advanced Options/Applications to delete BerryWeather before downloading it again, and it's not there to be deleted (unless it's disguised, I don't see anything it could be). Now what?

Also is "current location" my town, and all others are "locations"?
    08-13-09 07:31 PM
    So I went to Options/Advanced Options/Applications to delete BerryWeather before downloading it again, and it's not there to be deleted (unless it's disguised, I don't see anything it could be). Now what?

Also is "current location" my town, and all others are "locations"?
    Sue88, it's listed as "weather" in your applications....I found out the hard way - deleted it because I thought it was another weather app I had. I had to download again and has been working just fine.
    08-13-09 09:22 PM
    The first time I went to applications I saw "weather" and deleted it. However the BW icon continued to be on my homepage. Now when I go to apps there is no "weather" to delete. I do have "kXLmt" which I can't identify. Anyone know what that is? I don't understand how BerryWeather can be installed and working (sort of) and not show up on my apps. Also, this 3 day trial is now on its fifth day--whenever I look at the app it says "your trial continues for 3 more days....." So I can't even hope that it will disappear on its own, I guess.
    08-14-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD