It updates on the home screen (the one with all the apps) but doesn't update at all on the icon on the top screen (the background screen). I have it set to the top right corner using the Storm Today Plus hidden theme.

Just bought the Storm 2 on Verizon so it is the latest OS.

Is there anyway to set up BerryWeather where this icon on the top screen updates periodically to the timeframe I set it to. Presently, it just shows one temp/condition for days on end.
    02-08-10 06:53 AM
    If you are running operating system 320 then that's the issue. The leaked OS 428 will fix this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 07:12 AM
    Thanks JQRS. Is the OS 428 official and if not, when? Being new to BB, when installing a new OS, what do I need to do to save my present settings? Will I lose all of my recently purchased apps?
    02-08-10 07:22 AM
    I just Googled .428 leaked version and it appears to be for the Storm 9529. I have a 9550 from Verizon that is running .320.

Can I get .428 on the 9550 or is it the same as .320?
    02-08-10 07:37 AM
    9529? Never heard of it
    Use the backup/restore option on desktop manager to backup all your settings, contacts, messages etc. You will lose your apps, so back them up using bbsak. There are lots of good step by step walkthroughs of the procedure all over CB

02-08-10 08:00 AM
    To best acquaint yourself with leaks, you should probably go to the Storm (9500-9530) OS sub-forum. Most of your questions will be answered.
    02-08-10 08:02 AM
    Sorry. Yes, .428 is for the 9550 and I highly recommend it. I was experiencing some bothersome issues on .320 that were all taken care of on .428. As for being official, probably not. They already have builds higher than that. No worries though, the leak is safe and solid

02-08-10 08:03 AM
    been running .428 since it was leaked. Have not looked back. IMO, verizon should have released this version, it solves a lot of problems.

But as said, read, read, and read up on upgrading your OS. The first time is scary and nerve racking. If you would have owned a storm 1, you would be a pro at upgrading your OS. And of course, if your new to blackberry, dont take your phone to verizon with 428 loaded on it, they will hand the phone back to you. Always reload the official 320 as of now back on it before taking it in for a problem.
    02-08-10 08:37 AM
    Thanks JQRS. Is the OS 428 official and if not, when? Being new to BB, when installing a new OS, what do I need to do to save my present settings? Will I lose all of my recently purchased apps?
    You shouldn't loose and of your apps...I never did. But it's still best to always do a full backup, including the 3rd party apps.

Here's a great set of instructions that I use. They work wonderfully and are about as simple as teh process gets.

Upgrade using loader.exe
    How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

You can do this...it's not rocket science, but you need to study a bit. It's like buying a box of brownie mix at the grocery store. It doesn't matter if you have cooked for many years, or never before, if you follow ALL the directions on the box, the brownies will come out perfectly. If you decide to not read all or the directions and skip a few steps or do one of them wrong, you'll end up with a pan of brown junk.
    02-08-10 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD