Well let the fun begin. I decided to tackle the task of making this set myself.
    Blast, i downloaded the greyworld xxl v2 from bell share, zipped it up and then unzipped it to my computer. Now all i have to do is open each icon up in photoshop delete the image and replace it with text and then just save the file exactly how it was essentially replacing the old icon right?

also what should i do for icons with the moon? just delete those since i dont need the moon since it is just text?
    02-25-11 08:13 PM
    hehehe, well the text icons got me brain juices flowing so i fired up photoshop and started playing around. This is somewhat i had in mind. Attachment 82100
    This is a quick sample and you cant tell but the grey is actually a black that is transparent so it looks better in photoshop, also i think a drop shadow on the text would make it pop a little more.

*edit* haha okay this is more what i had in mind. The grey in this is also black with a transparency, and the text has a drop shadow on this, the transparency is also rounded for a more polished look.
    Attachment 82101 Just text alone without the background would look really cool on a plain background as well.
    I suggest leaving the moon phases "as is". They'll be there when someone wants to see them. And if anyone DOESN'T want to see them, they don't have to. And some people REALLY like having them LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-11 08:16 PM
    I suggest leaving the moon phases "as is". They'll be there when someone wants to see them. And if anyone DOESN'T want to see them, they don't have to. And some people REALLY like having them LOL

Yea i was planning on leaving the phases as is, but i was wondering what to do for the icons at night. for example mostlysunnny a pic of mostly sunny and then there is another file named mostlysunnyn which is the same image but instead of a sun its a moon. for the text icon should i just make that mostly sunny as well?
    02-25-11 08:27 PM
    Yea i was planning on leaving the phases as is, but i was wondering what to do for the icons at night. for example mostlysunnny a pic of mostly sunny and then there is another file named mostlysunnyn which is the same image but instead of a sun its a moon. for the text icon should i just make that mostly sunny as well?
    The word "clear" would do the trick, for clear night conditions. The file name is just the way the weather service wants to see it in the set.
    For other night conditions, use another way to describe the condition without using the word "sunny"
    02-25-11 08:30 PM
    Blast im getting a little confused. Im talking about the same conditions but one icon is for day the other is night. here is an example of what im talking about [ATTACH]Attachment 82109[/ATTACH] what should i name the icon at night?
    The partly sunny text was what i changed for the day icon, should i just name the night icon the same thing with maybe (N) to tell that its at night?
    02-25-11 08:36 PM
    Blast im getting a little confused. Im talking about the same conditions but one icon is for day the other is night. here is an example of what im talking about [ATTACH]Attachment 82109[/ATTACH] what should i name the icon at night?
    The partly sunny text was what i changed for the day icon, should i just name the night icon the same thing with maybe (N) to tell that its at night?
    I understand what you mean. The NAMES of the files have to be exactly the same as they are now. All you're doing is replacing a picture with a brief textual description of what the picture is showing...the file names stay unchaged.

02-25-11 08:41 PM
    yea im not changing the names of the file. I guess im just asking for your opinion on what i should name the actual icons to be seen for the night version of the conditions?
    02-25-11 08:43 PM
    yea im not changing the names of the file. I guess im just asking for your opinion on what i should name the actual icons to be seen for the night version of the conditions?
    You're only really limited by you're imagination (and the size of the tile LOL). You don't neccessarily HAVE to have a night designation. Since you have PS, you could just add a star in the corner of the tile, for instance. Or maybe the words "night sky" on the tile somehow.

rryoung likes this.
    02-25-11 08:48 PM
    You're only really limited by you're imagination (and the size of the tile LOL). You don't neccessarily HAVE to have a night designation. Since you have PS, you could just add a star in the corner of the tile, for instance. Or maybe the words "night sky" on the tile somehow.

HAHA i guess you are right. thanks for putting up with my noobness making these icons i really appreciate it. I may be asking questions later on how to get it to work within the app.
    02-25-11 08:51 PM
    well i screwed somthing up lol. I got done renaming all of them. I think right clicked the folder where all the icons were and zipped the folder. I then sent the folder to my email saved it under the berryweather folder on my media card. I then went to the file and renamed the extension to .bwi. I went to apply it, and all i get is red umbrellas now lol. Any help blast?

this is a step i didnt really understand, what does that mean.
    5. Zip the file. Make sure the files are in the root directory of the Zip file
    02-25-11 09:34 PM
    well i screwed somthing up lol. I got done renaming all of them. I think right clicked the folder where all the icons were and zipped the folder. I then sent the folder to my email saved it under the berryweather folder on my media card. I then went to the file and renamed the extension to .bwi. I went to apply it, and all i get is red umbrellas now lol. Any help blast?

this is a step i didnt really understand, what does that mean.
    5. Zip the file. Make sure the files are in the root directory of the Zip file
    The problem is, you zipped the folder. Remember when you unzipped the original set, the icons were not in a folder in the original zip. You have to create a zip file with nothing in it. Then copy the files INTO the newly created zip. That puts the files into the root directory of the zip

rryoung likes this.
    02-25-11 10:08 PM
    This is a preliminary set I just finished. The icons need resizing that I can't perform on my BB. But, ba said he'd do that simple task for me. Let me know what you think...

02-25-11 10:11 PM
    The problem is, you zipped the folder. Remember when you unzipped the original set, the icons were not in a folder in the original zip. You have to create a zip file with nothing in it. Then copy the files INTO the newly created zip. That puts the files into the root directory of the zip

ah i see, and how would one go about doing that lol.
    EDIT never mind ba i somehow figured it out lol. Thank you so much for your patients and help!
    Last edited by rryoung; 02-25-11 at 10:35 PM.
    02-25-11 10:26 PM
    Here they are at the "medium" size. And on on a busier background. Some folks will want a larger font, I know. But you lose a lot of space, very quickly, with even a small increase in font size. And I like it, a bit more descriptive LOL

02-25-11 10:39 PM
    ah i see, and how would one go about doing that lol.
    EDIT never mind ba i somehow figured it out lol. Thank you so much for your patients and help!
    You're welcome! No problem at all. The more people that make these sets, the better

02-25-11 10:41 PM
    here is my attempt at text weather icons. Still needs some tweaking cause i got some N/A but i like the look.Attachment 82137

Attachment 82138
    02-25-11 10:45 PM
    here is my attempt at text weather icons. Still needs some tweaking cause i got some N/A but i like the look.Attachment 82137

Attachment 82138
    It looks great! I see you went with a clear tile. It looks good with that theme. Just check for typos. That should clear up the na's.

02-25-11 11:28 PM
    02-25-11 11:29 PM
    My forecast screen with the new set. I think it's pretty slick lookin

02-25-11 11:46 PM

02-26-11 12:40 AM
    It looks great! I see you went with a clear tile. It looks good with that theme. Just check for typos. That should clear up the na's.

Yea that's what I figured, I was tired so that's my project this morning is to go back and look at typos.
    And I may do another set with a transparent tile for thermes where the weather slot isint in the banner

Last edited by rryoung; 02-26-11 at 07:39 AM.
    02-26-11 07:37 AM

weather set: kampai by songbird
    theme: clockr by phantombbthemes
    where did you get this theme, i love the text icons and text clock but i cant find the theme, any help would be appreciated.
    02-26-11 08:42 AM
    where did you get this theme, i love the text icons and text clock but i cant find the theme, any help would be appreciated.
    I can help out here. It's by Phantom BB Themes and its for just about most devices OS6 and OS5....you can find it here : http://www.blackberrythemepark.com/2...themes-clockr/
    02-26-11 09:10 AM

Fab looking text iconset BT and rryoung !!!
    02-26-11 09:12 AM

Clockr
    BW set: Faint Red
    Font: allihandwriting

BW set: Tropical
    02-26-11 09:56 AM
15,771 ... 119120121122123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD