I have been dealing with BerryWeather's incorrect forecasts for weeks so I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

For example it says for today in my city the high is 76 and the low is 59. It's 10am and already 75. Yesterday they forecasted the high to be 77 and it reached 86. I can understand a forecast being within a 5 degree margin of error and having incorrect forecasts once a week but this is happening EVERY day and they are off by much more than 5 degrees.
    06-20-10 08:56 AM
    Have you tried using a different location, nearby weather station?

Although, I would guess that the generally for the same city, the FORECAST as opposed to current temperature would be the same. But since the data relies on some local, non-professional stations as well as more reliable stations, the data could be wrong.
    06-20-10 09:39 AM
    My understanding is that the forecast comes from an official site like NOAA or an airport.

Current conditions comes from the locat neighborhood station that you have chosen (unless you have chosen otherwisse).

Having said that, almost daily, for me, the current temp exceeds the forecasted temp. ( I am using a local neighborhood station for the current temp)

Good Luck
    06-20-10 10:03 AM
    Berry Weather uses Weather Undergound Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground for its forecast data. So they are dependent upon good data for good reports to your phone.

F2 is correct, try looking at a different location close to your home. From Berry Weather, goto select Nearby Weather Stations and secect a different station.

Some stations are automated whilst others are manned only during office hours. Your mileage may vary so select a station that give continuous and reliable data.
    06-20-10 10:13 AM
    BerryWeather has been wildly incorrect in reporting current conditions yesterday and today in Cocoa Beach, Florida. The current conditions are correct for Kennedy Space Center, which is nearby.
    06-20-10 10:19 AM
    As mentioned above, choose a different nearby station. It makes a big difference. I live fairly close to a major airport, and I have chosen the airport location for my BerryWeather source. Now, both my forecast and my current temperature on BerryWeather always matches what they are reporting on the local news. When I selected other local nearby stations, they varied somewhat from each other ... not a big variance, but a variance. BTW, I love BerryWeather, such a great app.
    06-20-10 11:58 AM
    I'm pretty sure there is an issue with the current conditions reading. I put my BB in the fridge for a good 30 minutes or so and when I took it out it still shows as 73 degrees.... I *know* it is not 73 in my fridge.
    06-20-10 12:34 PM
    Wait...you put your berry in the fridge to measure the temp?? LMAO!!!
    06-20-10 12:47 PM
    I get more accurate forecasts when I choose CLE airport, rather than a neighborhood weather station. CLE airport is the same source the local news uses for their weather forecasts.
    06-20-10 12:56 PM
    There you have it, Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Some places are just not reporting accurately enough.

"Dang Martha, you reckon it's gonna rain?"
    "Heck, naw, it's gonna storm. Lookit them clouds."
    06-20-10 01:15 PM
    No forecast problems for me in the DC to Atlanta area.
    06-20-10 02:45 PM
    I suppose the next thing some of you are going to say is that the weatherman on your local news is always right.

If Weather Underground is wrong, then Berryweather is gonna be wrong too. NOAA is no more accurate than WU and I work with some of those people on a daily basis. Weather forecasts are a best guess type of scenario based on POSSIBLE conditions.
    06-20-10 04:52 PM
    The problem I noticed yesterday and earlier today was the current condition was incorrect. BerryWeather was showing 78 deg and light drizzle, when it was 95 with scattered high clouds. It's an anomaly that appears to have been corrected now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 04:59 PM
    The problem I noticed yesterday and earlier today was the current condition was incorrect. BerryWeather was showing 78 deg and light drizzle, when it was 95 with scattered high clouds. It's an anomaly that appears to have been corrected now.

The HUMIDITY was probably precipitating in the gauge. Whereas here, a typical pacific northWET Father's Day with a high so far (and probably for the day) of 55F.
    06-20-10 05:09 PM
    Very funny. We had a long cold winter here, with LOWs in the upper 50's into March. The locals were decrying the end of global warming and emitting as much greenhouse gas as possible to try to stave off another Ice Age.

06-20-10 05:26 PM
    I wish it had only been in the fifties here today. We had 90 with a heat index of 101 F. 55 would have seemed like an ice storm here guys lol.
    06-20-10 07:21 PM
    mine has been saying "update failed" these past few days.
    06-27-10 07:03 PM
    I'm pretty sure there is an issue with the current conditions reading. I put my BB in the fridge for a good 30 minutes or so and when I took it out it still shows as 73 degrees.... I *know* it is not 73 in my fridge.
    The other kids on the short bus will be amazed. Maybe you can repeat your experiment at show & tell.

06-27-10 08:12 PM
    Anytime forecasts are off. check weather underground site for location... That will be the issue, not the app. The app only gets its info from them.....

But the location station it's hitting can also be down and giving out bad info or from the next closest site.
    06-27-10 08:32 PM
    This is my biggest frustration with Berry Weather or should I say Weather Underground. The last 2 days we have had several thunder storms & very little sunshine and the current condition icon was a big bright sun...never changed. I spent so much time changing through all the "nearby stations" trying to find one that was reporting the correct info, and not one was. I then went to their website to see what the current conditions where there for my area; they showed clear skies. I finally re-loaded Weather Bug elite back on and their current conditions showed a rain cloud with a lightning bolt and a temp that was 10 degrees cooler. Their's was right. I'm sure my area has something to do with it (small town Park City, UT), however there are about 25 stations within a 5 mile radius and none of them report correct conditions...its frustrating! WB elite has 2 in my area and both report fine. I want to use BW, I'm just not a fan weather underground.

07-09-10 09:43 PM
    This is my biggest frustration with Berry Weather or should I say Weather Underground. The last 2 days we have had several thunder storms & very little sunshine and the current condition icon was a big bright sun...never changed. I spent so much time changing through all the "nearby stations" trying to find one that was reporting the correct info, and not one was. I then went to their website to see what the current conditions where there for my area; they showed clear skies. I finally re-loaded Weather Bug elite back on and their current conditions showed a rain cloud with a lightning bolt and a temp that was 10 degrees cooler. Their's was right. I'm sure my area has something to do with it (small town Park City, UT), however there are about 25 stations within a 5 mile radius and none of them report correct conditions...its frustrating! WB elite has 2 in my area and both report fine. I want to use BW, I'm just not a fan weather underground.

Did you try using the airport or some official site for current conditions?
    Does that give an accurate current condition.

Good Luck
    07-10-10 01:11 PM
    Did you try using the airport or some official site for current conditions?
    Does that give an accurate current condition.

Good Luck
    Yep..I've tried that. I would love to be able to use the airport, however, it's about 45 miles away and 3000ft below my elevation so the conditions are very different from where I live. I actually used the airport location for an entire day just to get a feel of how Berry Weather worked when it received it's info from a station that reported correct/actual current conditions...now I wish I wouldn't have... because I'm really upset I can't use it...lol. It work's great and looks awesome when your stations report the changing conditions. I sent in a ticket to Weather Underground because their website also reported inaccurate current conditions; so I'll see if that goes anywhere. I'll give it another go in a month or so...till then, it's Weather Bug Elite for me.
    07-11-10 02:28 PM
    I was having the same problem - I'm gonna try the suggestions - thanks!
    07-11-10 04:35 PM
    BerryWeather has been working pretty accurately for me these past few day, so maybe it something particular with certain locations.
    07-14-10 07:36 PM
    I dont have any problems with BW. I have it set to the same station all the time with the same locations, i dont care for the following of the gps so I just add weather locations if I have too, especially if im heading out of my home area. None the less I have no issues with it, I always check it against the weather channel and its the same all the time.. Just sharing!
    07-14-10 08:06 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD