I've just downloaded the new Berryweather free. 2.0.68 from app world.

slick, nice features, nice looking icons, HOWEVER it takes too long for the home icon to update, which is very annoying (1 hour).

I was using BBweather previously, works well updates in 30 minute intervals..shame the icon designs are lacking.
    01-12-10 08:17 AM
    If you downloaded berryweather free, you downloaded the free trial.

And you can set the home icon's to update quicker in settings. You can set them to update every 15 minutes on up.
    01-12-10 09:30 AM
    If you downloaded berryweather free, you downloaded the free trial.

And you can set the home icon's to update quicker in settings. You can set them to update every 15 minutes on up.
    Actually I just looked in AppWorld, and there is a completely free version of BerryWeather. It is basically dumbed down version of paid app, with not as many features, hence the version number: 2.0.68, whereas the paid version is still 2.0.65. They are different versions.

I think this is a new addition, and a good way to introduce people to the app.
    01-12-10 10:35 AM
    Actually I just looked in AppWorld, and there is a completely free version of BerryWeather. It is basically dumbed down version of paid app, with not as many features, hence the version number: 2.0.68, whereas the paid version is still 2.0.65. They are different versions.

I think this is a new addition, and a good way to introduce people to the app.
    You said it all man

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 10:39 AM
    I'm starting to get problems with this app....the home icon just doesnt update properly... right now its 16:45 here in London, UK. the sun has already set so its dark and its probably about 1 degree celcius. However, berryweather is showing a full sun with Hazy outlook Very incorrect.

I think i'll go back to using BBweather.
    01-12-10 10:46 AM
    Remember it doesn't immediately update. You have to set it to update at predetermined intervals, like 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc. So if you have it set to update once an hour, and the sun sets in that hour, your icon won't immediately reflect that, until it does the scheduled update, or unless you manually update it.

Also, what OS are you running? the .3xx series OSs did not update icons on the homescreen. You need to update to a .4xx series OS to accomplish this.
    01-12-10 10:48 AM
    Remember it doesn't immediately update. You have to set it to update at predetermined intervals, like 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc. So if you have it set to update once an hour, and the sun sets in that hour, your icon won't immediately reflect that, until it does the scheduled update, or unless you manually update it.

Also, what OS are you running? the .3xx series OSs did not update icons on the homescreen. You need to update to a .4xx series OS to accomplish this.
    I'm using the latest .436, BBweather updated perfectly with this OS.

With the FREE version, the shortest time you can get it to auto update is 1 hour. The weird thing is, it was reporting the correct conditions an hour earlier, so it should have updated accordingly. I just have had to manually update it, its showing the moon but still staying its hazy.. i dont believe thats right.

I have still have BBweather running and its displaying what i believe to be the correct weather. hmmm i'll see how it goes throughout the night...
    01-12-10 10:59 AM

No I am not ashamed
    01-12-10 11:02 AM
    what are your opinions on weatherbug
    01-12-10 11:07 AM
    I still dont see this on appworld.
    01-12-10 11:19 AM
    what are your opinions on weatherbug
    I'm having problems with it personally. I still haven't found a weather app for the s2 that seems there are no complaints about. Many recommended weather bug but I find it almost never updates. Lots of times it says it simply can't update. Sometimes it seems to switch from F to C.
    I miss weather eye that I had on my 8900, but it doesn't work for the s2 yet as far as I know.
    01-12-10 11:28 AM
    Id love to know how to set it so those stupid weather advisories dont show up anymore. Ive unchecked everything I can find that has to do with it. It still shows up and blocks my temp icon until I open the advisories. So annoying.
    01-12-10 11:37 AM
    WeatherBug is all I have had on my S2 since I got it last October. I have not had any real big problems with it. I am running the leaked .428 and my icons update but sometimes they are a little behind. Example: Yesterday about 8:30 pm here in Ashland, OH the sunset about 5:00 pm but it was still showing it was sunny. The temp was right but icon was wrong. It's not always like that but sometimes it lags. I would like to use BerryWeather but I will not pay $10 for a weather app and I don't see 2.0.68 anywhere in app world.
    01-12-10 12:16 PM
    regarding the updating on the home screen, is it really that difficult to go into the application, click the menu button, and then select Update? i just don't get it.

Also, this app is free compared to the $10 that everyone else paid (unless they got it for a discount).
    01-12-10 01:23 PM
    I'm amazed they have a free version they rip you off with their paid version ten bucks to start five for updates and if you change phones like I did they want four dollars for a new pin. I personally will never buy anything from them again and wish I could get my ten dollars back for something I can't use.

01-12-10 01:41 PM
    Can't find it on app world...WTF
    01-12-10 02:25 PM
    Can't find it on app world...WTF
    On appworld, it's called "BeWeather"....
    01-12-10 02:49 PM
    I'v e had BerryWeather since it came out. Had some glitches early on with the Storm 1, but this has been resolved for a long time now. Got the S2 and it was the 3rd application I installed. Love this program. My wife had Weatherbug for quite awhile but made me get here BBWeather because she liked mine. Not sure why some of you are having problems. There are plenty of threads on BBWeather and their setup plus, Bell has thier own support forums.
    01-12-10 02:57 PM
    i LOVED weathereye on my curve, never had an issue with it. for my s2 i just can't seem to find a weather app i like. i've got SimpleWeather, but seems a bit too...simple?? weatherbug never updated for me and i've tried the new beta for weathereye, but can't fall in love with it either. right now i'm trying the free berryweather and it seems to be working out well...time will tell.

and yes, the update intervals START AT 1 HR, can't get it to update in less time than that.
    01-12-10 03:42 PM
    This and meterberry are the only apps I have paid for. Nothing else is worth the money.

01-12-10 03:50 PM
    regarding the updating on the home screen, is it really that difficult to go into the application, click the menu button, and then select Update? i just don't get it.

Also, this app is free compared to the $10 that everyone else paid (unless they got it for a discount).
    Yes it is imo, considering its an important feature of the app. Why else would you want it displaying on your home screen if it wasn't there to be glanced at for a quick update.

01-12-10 04:23 PM
    I have berryweather the paid version and it rocks updates correctly while im moving via gps etc.. very solid app on os .428 storm 2
    01-12-10 06:52 PM
    i found it but its a 3 day trial????
    01-12-10 09:06 PM
    Simpleweather is the best. Lots of options.
    Choice of Icons (cartoonish or realistic)
    Homescreen wallpaper. multiple locations...
    And it's only .99

App Store

1dollaroff for the coupon code
    01-12-10 10:22 PM
    i found it but its a 3 day trial????
    You sure? where does it say its a three day trial. The one I'm using is 2.0.68

BeWeather *Free* is the free version of the 1 selling application BeWeather - Quoted by Bellshare.

Doesn't mention anything about trial, its just a simplified version, which suits me fine as it seems to be working ok today - so far
    01-13-10 06:29 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD