I had GREAT battery life on my BB9700 that is until I installed the BerryWeather update. Even though I have updates set to hourly, the app seems to be updating far more frequently. Anybody have battery draining issues relating to BerryWeather. My screen brightness is only set to 10%. Any suggestions or battery tips?
    12-11-09 07:57 AM
    berryweather has had no excessive drain on my battery. I have it set to hourly also.

-could it be a twitter app updating too often?
    -Are you properly closing apps when done? (menu,close. Don't just hit the end button when done)
    -to see which apps are running press the BB key for 2 seconds. close the apps that are not in use (there are about 5 that you cannot close)
    -Bluetooth off when not in use
    -standby or holster when you aren't using your BB
    12-11-09 08:21 AM
    My battery life is great. I have mine set to hourly as well. I take mine off of the charger at 6am each morning and last night at 10:30pm I was still at 60% left. My screen is set to 60 for brightness and timeout is set to 10 sec. Has to be some other app causing the drainage?
    12-11-09 08:40 AM
    First, did you remove the old version prior to upgrading??? Second, go into the Settings, General Settings and double check how often your have it doing Auto Update and Advisory Auto Update... plus GPS, are you using Cell Location (GPS fallback) as an option or GPS as the primary, cell location will be less of a battery drain than using GPS.
    12-11-09 08:52 AM
    I haven't noticed any extra battery draininage on my 9700.
    12-11-09 08:55 AM
    I've been noticing that my battery life has been draining faster ever since I installed a trial version of BerryWeather last night. I didn't have any other apps open either.

I thought BOLT was killing my battery so I uninstalled it but doesn't seem like it worked. *Sigh*
    12-11-09 08:58 AM
    Thanks for the assistance.
    12-11-09 09:00 AM
    I thought I had the same issue but after removing a bunch of apps I don't use, my battery drain issue seems to have gone away. One of the apps that I've had problems with in the past is the theme store app so try ditching that and see if that works. Also, the app store.
    These phones are like snowflakes...no two the same!
    12-11-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD