New to Blackberry's, I just got a tour and I travel within in the country extensively. My question is I was going to install the Berryweather but realized that gets mixed reviews, is there something better for weather? I rely heavy on my phone is there anything else recommended for someone that travels besides the navigator which I have. Thanks
    02-05-10 07:00 PM
    BerryWeather has the best interface for any weather app on a BlackBerry. But it receives its updates from AccuWeather, which is ironically very inaccurate. Getting wrong forecasts, temperatures up to 10 degrees off is very common. (It's supposedly NOT snowing now in MD...WTF?!?) I don't advise using BerryWeather just for this alone. At least don't buy the full version of the app. I had the full version since v1.5, and finally decided it to call it quits.
    02-05-10 07:14 PM
    The paid version of BerryWeather is and has been for a while my first choice weather app. Forecasts and current conditions seem to be about as good as the TV. In other words not perfect but for me plenty good enough. The features including lots of locations are attractive in my mind.

I believe there is a free trial available. Give it a try. Decisions about apps are very personal most times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 07:30 PM
    BerryWeather has the best interface for any weather app on a BlackBerry. But it receives its updates from AccuWeather, which is ironically very inaccurate. Getting wrong forecasts, temperatures up to 10 degrees off is very common. (It's supposedly NOT snowing now in MD...WTF?!?) I don't advise using BerryWeather just for this alone. At least don't buy the full version of the app. I had the full version since v1.5, and finally decided it to call it quits.
    Just to correct you on one point. They no longer use Accuweather, they use WeatherUnderground.com now, which seems pretty accurate thus far.
    02-05-10 07:38 PM
    Just to correct you on one point. They no longer use Accuweather, they use WeatherUnderground.com now, which seems pretty accurate thus far.
    Ah right. I totally forgot. But either way, WeatherUnderground says its not snowing in MD too and hasn't all day. The TV says its snowing, weather channel says its snowing, even weather.com says its snowing...this is annoying.
    02-05-10 07:44 PM
    Ah right. I totally forgot. But either way, WeatherUnderground says its not snowing in MD too and hasn't all day. The TV says its snowing, weather channel says its snowing, even weather.com says its snowing...this is annoying.

Looks like snow to me in all locations. Maryland : Weather Underground
    02-05-10 08:41 PM
    Personally I use WeatherEye because it is free and I like the icon. However, it doesn't have most places and the weather conditions can be wrong for hours at a time. Most of the time I know what the weather is doing anyway. I have the Weather Channel App as a back up, their radar maps are way better.
    02-05-10 08:45 PM
    I use berry weather myself and really like it. As for weather maps you can configure a map from just about anywhere.
    02-05-10 08:50 PM
    BerryWeather IMO is THE best weather app out there
    02-05-10 09:13 PM
    I logged on just to create a post about this issue. This is the second major snow storm we've had (I'm in MD also) and it just says there is an overcast. I have to find something more accurate.
    02-05-10 09:16 PM
    How funny. I just did an update and now it shows snow mist.
    02-05-10 09:18 PM
    search for weatherbug beta
    02-05-10 11:08 PM
    if your weather isnt accurate beweather gives you the option to switch locations in your area
    02-05-10 11:22 PM
    No problems here in MI with the current conditions showing up..... how often do you have it set to auto update?? Maybe the weatherunderground service there in MD isn't too great.. that sucks for sure. Anyway I love BerryWeather, wouldn't even consider trying anything else.
    02-05-10 11:34 PM
    Latest version of BW 2.1.40 is excellent. To summarize previous posts, BW now uses by Wunderground for weather feeds and they can be airports, official location, or some guy in your neighborhood who runs a small weather feed. Sometimes they don't even report anything. Pick a good feed by selecting menu/Nearby Weather Stations. I usually use the closest big airport - accurate and always reporting.

Personally I update once per hour. Gives a fairly accurate representation. If you haven't set it to update you'll keep getting the old observation, or the last time you rebooted the phone and it autoupdated at that point.

The bellshare.com forum has several threads on how to do radar maps. I've got about two dozen on mine and it's been fun to track the latest storm. What I do is right click on the radar link, and send it to my phone in an email. That way I can copy and paste the link into my radar map entries.

The latest version also has a entry to back up your settings which I use routinely since I'm always installing hybrid operating systems on my phone.

Hope this helps - I think the latest version is a tremendous improvement over the versions that came out last fall. I can easily recommend it. Wait until it goes on sale in the Crackberry store, but I paid full price for it and think it's worth it.
    02-06-10 01:35 PM
    User error...
    02-06-10 01:37 PM
    For the longest time (Since Sept 09) I've used Weatherbug, which seemed to be pretty accurate. For a couple weeks now I've been trying out BeWeather...well...let me tell ya...it is so off right now! I have WB and BW both set to the same location (Reynolds Field) and BeWeather is saying 67 degrees! Weatherbug is saying the correct temp which is about 55.

Looks like I'm just gonna have to give up on BeWeather. So glad I only got the free version!
    03-16-10 10:39 AM
    I use My cast from Garmin. Available thru app world. At 19.95 it is the priciest but I really like the app. You can download and use it for a whole 60 minutes to see if you like. The best radar by far. JK

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 10:47 AM
    i started using weather eye a couple months ago but it seems lately its been giving me problems. Sometimes it won't update at all.
    03-16-10 11:16 AM
    +1 for BerryWeather.
    I find it to be relatively accurate, and the interface is great. As another poster noted, the airport weather stations are usually the most accurate, but only usually update once per hour.
    You can also customize the radar/satellite maps, and set up a link to a local NOAA Weather Radio station for streaming.
    03-16-10 02:38 PM
    Does BW induce memory leaks or further lag down the device with its constant updating? I hate that above anything else... Thinking about going with it tomorrow when I have some time to play around.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-16-10 04:07 PM
    I use Berryweather as well. I keep the updates to every 2 hours or so to preserve some battery.
    03-16-10 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD