For those out-of-the-loop.

Before I discovered CB, I brought BerryWeather from Handango, that site nolonger sells the APP.

Last week, v2 was released and so far Bellshare's customer service has been pretty poor concerning upgrading to v2.

Hopefully starting a new topic here might get some action.

ALSO

If I give up, what other weather APPS should I replace BerryWeather with?
    12-08-09 02:07 PM
    I bought BerryWeather V1.5 about two weeks ago. When I tried to get the free upgrade to V2.0, based on my very recent purchase, I had a lot of trouble. Eventually, after multiple failed attempts, I erred and purchased a new copy of the app, expecting not to be charged. Well, I paid for two copies of WeatherBerry, and BellShare says I need to seek a refund from the site from where i bought the second copy. Very user unfriendly experience, both the upgrade and the so far unsuccessful attempts to get a refund. The app is good, the customer service sux.
    12-08-09 02:38 PM
    I bought BerryWeather V1.5 about two weeks ago. When I tried to get the free upgrade to V2.0, based on my very recent purchase, I had a lot of trouble. Eventually, after multiple failed attempts, I erred and purchased a new copy of the app, expecting not to be charged. Well, I paid for two copies of WeatherBerry, and BellShare says I need to seek a refund from the site from where i bought the second copy. Very user unfriendly experience, both the upgrade and the so far unsuccessful attempts to get a refund. The app is good, the customer service sux.
    That does suck.

I'm hoping some bad PR here might make Bellshare get their act together.
    12-08-09 02:51 PM
    bellshare cannot control the upgrade process or refunds. thos are all on mobihands side. if your unhappy with it contact mobihand
    12-08-09 03:54 PM
    For those out-of-the-loop.

Before I discovered CB, I brought BerryWeather from Handango, that site nolonger sells the APP.

Last week, v2 was released and so far Bellshare's customer service has been pretty poor concerning upgrading to v2.

Hopefully starting a new topic here might get some action.

ALSO

If I give up, what other weather APPS should I replace BerryWeather with?
    i already answered this question for you in another thread so there is no reason to start a new thread.

the developer is currently working on something so people that bought from handango can get the upgrade. hopefully it will be read sometime this week.
    12-08-09 03:56 PM
    The upgrade is indeed done through MobiHand. What type of issue do you have with BellShare? Are you trying to avoid having to pay the fee?
    12-08-09 03:57 PM
    i already answered this question for you in another thread so there is no reason to start a new thread.

the developer is currently working on something so people that bought from handango can get the upgrade. hopefully it will be read sometime this week.
    Yes you did and indicated maybe yesterday. I asked for an update on the situation yesterday in the other thread, without a reply.

I like Bellshare APPS, I own 3 so far, so perhaps I deserve better Customer Service than I appear to be getting.
    12-08-09 05:15 PM
    Yes you did and indicated maybe yesterday. I asked for an update on the situation yesterday in the other thread, without a reply.

I like Bellshare APPS, I own 3 so far, so perhaps I deserve better Customer Service than I appear to be getting.
    you asked at 9 o clock at night (my time) sorry i didnt reply instantly
    12-08-09 05:25 PM
    You were actually on when I posted

Plus at the end of the day the folks at Bellshare should have realised that breaking their association with Handango would have caused this issue, before v2 was released.
    12-08-09 05:46 PM
    The upgrade is indeed done through MobiHand. What type of issue do you have with BellShare? Are you trying to avoid having to pay the fee?
    I live for the day to give Bellshare my 3.99 and I'm serious I do not mind paying. I like the APP, I've defended the APP. I just want my upgrade.
    12-08-09 05:49 PM
    There isn't a free upgrade to 2.0 last I checked, but you do get a discounted price. I kept trying to upgrade, but with error, until I realized that I needed to purchase the upgrade. I don't understand why you can log into your account on CB and try to upgrade. They're pretty much linked together.

Edit: Whoops. Idk where I got mobihand from XD sorry about that.
    12-08-09 05:54 PM
    I don't know what value people think they'll get by posting complaints is some open forum when Bellshare maintains their own support forum. Hint -you might actually get a response from Bellshare staff by posting on THEIR forum. Posting here is like yelling into the wind, maybe someone will hear you, but when the door is open on their forum why not take it there?
    12-08-09 07:44 PM
    I don't know what value people think they'll get by posting complaints is some open forum when Bellshare maintains their own support forum. Hint -you might actually get a response from Bellshare staff by posting on THEIR forum. Posting here is like yelling into the wind, maybe someone will hear you, but when the door is open on their forum why not take it there?
    I guess from time to time, people might tend to discuss apps that run on Blackberry devices on a forums that's meant for, oh...I don't know, Blackberry devices? It seemed kinda strange when I first saw that kinda stuff around here, but I've gotten used to it and learned to tolerate it.
    12-08-09 08:52 PM
    bellshare cannot control the upgrade process or refunds. thos are all on mobihands side. if your unhappy with it contact mobihand
    Not trying to ruffle any feathers but this isn't quite correct.
    Any developer selling apps on mobihand can refund a purchase. It takes about 5 seconds to do. Locate the order and click 'refund'.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 12-08-09 at 10:52 PM.
    12-08-09 10:49 PM
    Not trying to ruffle any feathers but this isn't quite correct.
    Any developer selling apps on mobihand can refund a purchase. It takes about 5 seconds to do. Locate the order and click 'refund'.
    Cheetah is correct....

But I'm sure they get tons and tons of emails every day. Yours may be lost in the mix.

If you contact Mobihand and let them know the issue they will try to contact the developer. If you don't hear back in 48 hours mobihand will issue you a refund unless your purchase is over 30 days old.
    12-08-09 11:32 PM
    This forum is for BB Storm owners and in particular related to third party APPS. My issue is about a third party APP.

I've been nice. I've contacted Bellshare's Customer Service. Waited. Posted my issue in a general thread about the upgrade. Waited. Posted a new thread to highlight the issue to the other forum members.

PLEASE, don't make me out to be the bad guy here - BELLSHARE is !!!

Hopefully you and a few others have heard me and will HELP me!!!
    12-09-09 06:40 AM
    This forum is for BB Storm owners and in particular related to third party APPS. My issue is about a third party APP.

I've been nice. I've contacted Bellshare's Customer Service. Waited. Posted my issue in a general thread about the upgrade. Waited. Posted a new thread to highlight the issue to the other forum members.

Not making you out to be a bad guy, just letting you know that Bellshare has a support forum that THEY monitor. As far as I know, Bellshare doesn't troll all the various Blackberry forums looking for people with support issues. You'd be better served to contact them via their support forum, you know then that they have staff to review and follow-up. If on the other hand you are only looking to vent, then vent away.
    12-09-09 07:35 AM
    Same here..bought app n Nov...trying to get upgrade..they have our email adress an pins..why not send link..or in settings...about why not have option there for update..I've jumped through hoops and sent email via bellshare..nuthin..**** poor cs..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 08:03 AM

12-09-09 08:06 AM

I am in the same sorry boat, bought my original copy of BW from handango now can't upgrade. I've written 3 emails to CS at Bellshare and gotten 3 similar replies, we are working on making an upgrade option for the customers from handango.

I was even posted on the forum over there and got a similar response, which I believe, but I was told on friday that the upgrade option would be available to us on monday. Now my version 2 trial has ended and I have no weather program and still no upgrade option to pay my $3.99. They did say that I could go to all the trouble of uninstalling vers 2 and re-installing vers 1.5 until that upgrade option becomes available.
    12-09-09 12:19 PM
    Not making you out to be a bad guy, just letting you know that Bellshare has a support forum that THEY monitor. As far as I know, Bellshare doesn't troll all the various Blackberry forums looking for people with support issues. You'd be better served to contact them via their support forum, you know then that they have staff to review and follow-up. If on the other hand you are only looking to vent, then vent away.
    I send another e-mail to CS, with a link to this posting.
    12-09-09 08:47 PM
    I am in the same sorry boat, bought my original copy of BW from handango now can't upgrade. I've written 3 emails to CS at Bellshare and gotten 3 similar replies, we are working on making an upgrade option for the customers from handango.

I was even posted on the forum over there and got a similar response, which I believe, but I was told on friday that the upgrade option would be available to us on monday. Now my version 2 trial has ended and I have no weather program and still no upgrade option to pay my $3.99. They did say that I could go to all the trouble of uninstalling vers 2 and re-installing vers 1.5 until that upgrade option becomes available.
    I was told Monday too.

At least you're getting replies from Bellshare
    12-09-09 08:51 PM
    This thread is still going? Wow!
    12-09-09 11:52 PM
    This thread is still going? Wow!
    Sure is!

I still haven't heard anything from Bellshare. Must be a week now!
    12-10-09 10:25 AM
    Sure is!

I still haven't heard anything from Bellshare. Must be a week now!
    9 Days and counting!
    12-11-09 10:06 AM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD