i have advisories disabled and they still keep popping up on my homescreen. i can look at them and then they go away but i dont want them at all. i tried a few battery pulls, no luck.. anyone?
    01-06-10 02:43 PM
    i have advisories disabled and they still keep popping up on my homescreen. i can look at them and then they go away but i dont want them at all. i tried a few battery pulls, no luck.. anyone?
    I'm in the same boat...almost has me ready to uninstall its so annoying
    01-06-10 02:46 PM
    Some get confused when it comes to the advisories, you have make sure that you actually check off the advisories that you don't want, reboot, and all should be fine.
    01-06-10 03:09 PM
    I did that too shayd
    01-06-10 03:26 PM
    Some get confused when it comes to the advisories, you have make sure that you actually check off the advisories that you don't want, reboot, and all should be fine.
    I've unchecked every advisory in the settings, rebooted, and I still get the warning icons. I just want the option to live life on the edge...no wanrings...please.
    01-06-10 03:38 PM
    I've unchecked every advisory in the settings, rebooted, and I still get the warning icons. I just want the option to live life on the edge...no wanrings...please.
    No, that's why you're getting them, you need to check them.
    01-06-10 04:17 PM
    You are wrong bud...I've done that too...still getting them
    01-06-10 04:30 PM
    you should uncheck them in order to get them to turn off. the next update should have an option to just turn them off so just hold tight if that doesnt work
    01-06-10 06:55 PM
    You are wrong bud...I've done that too...still getting them
    you should uncheck them in order to get them to turn off. the next update should have an option to just turn them off so just hold tight if that doesnt work
    Cool, what I do know is that I'm not get any advisories so maybe I'm lucky.
    01-06-10 07:06 PM
    Growing more frustrated daily with having to clear the advisories..........
    01-09-10 09:30 AM
    Growing more frustrated daily with having to clear the advisories..........
    Configure it so the advisories never show up, or change their frequency. Open BB 2...BlackBerry Key...Settings...Display Options...Advisory Auto Update...select "Never" at the top of the list...Save. You'll never see another advisory. This is working for me.
    01-09-10 09:37 AM
    Not really sure how I can better explain this.

I have done all of that, everything...disable everything I could disable, yet I still get advisories
    01-09-10 09:55 AM
    Not really sure how I can better explain this.

I have done all of that, everything...disable everything I could disable, yet I still get advisories
    Sorry...missed that earlier as I just clicked on the link to your most current post in my email and then posted a reply. Maybe the best you can do until it's fixed is just change it to "24 hours" and then you at least only have to see one a day. I hate advisories, too...most people do.
    01-09-10 09:59 AM
    Are you saying that under settings>weather advisories>advisory filter>select... that you have a check mark in every one of those advisory filter boxes and you never receive an advisory warning? It seems like having a check mark in the box for any of them would be telling the software that you want to see an advisory for that particular item. I would think that un-checked says, "I'm not interested."
    01-09-10 01:55 PM
    Configure it so the advisories never show up, or change their frequency. Open BB 2...BlackBerry Key...Settings...Display Options...Advisory Auto Update...select "Never" at the top of the list...Save. You'll never see another advisory. This is working for me.
    I also have Never selected and still get the notifications. If some of you are not getting them, then we must be missing something in the settings.
    01-09-10 01:56 PM
    After reading all of this, I've gone and changed my settings to see if it works. In the meantime, I'm thinking "hey, guys, if you keep getting too many advisories, perhaps you should consider moving, you're obviously living in dangerous territory!" LOL

I also have Never selected and still get the notifications. If some of you are not getting them, then we must be missing something in the settings.
    01-09-10 02:05 PM
    Are you saying that under settings>weather advisories>advisory filter>select... that you have a check mark in every one of those advisory filter boxes and you never receive an advisory warning? It seems like having a check mark in the box for any of them would be telling the software that you want to see an advisory for that particular item. I would think that un-checked says, "I'm not interested."
    Here goes some screenshots of mines, nobody believes me.
    Screens attached.
    01-09-10 02:21 PM
    Here goes some screenshots of mines, nobody believes me.
    Screens attached.
    I believe you, it just makes on sense to me. I'm going to set mine up like yours and see what happens.
    01-09-10 03:43 PM
    Man, BeWeather 2.0 just eats up all my memory. It drops down to below 3MB when I have it running. =/
    01-10-10 06:34 PM
    Man, BeWeather 2.0 just eats up all my memory. It drops down to below 3MB when I have it running. =/
    New public beta released, fixes memory leak of the 2.0 release. I've been running it for 24 hours and my memory has remained unchanged - would have easily seen a drop of 3-5MB in this same period prior. Some new features, but mostly a rebuild of the applications engine to make it more stable and faster. You can download public beta from here, also includes lots of discussion on the new version.
    01-24-10 09:01 AM
    New public beta released, fixes memory leak of the 2.0 release. I've been running it for 24 hours and my memory has remained unchanged - would have easily seen a drop of 3-5MB in this same period prior. Some new features, but mostly a rebuild of the applications engine to make it more stable and faster. You can download public beta from here, also includes lots of discussion on the new version.
    I second that and it's true!
    01-24-10 09:48 AM
    there is a lot going on...so can someone just tell me yay or nay on downloading it?
    01-24-10 05:42 PM
    there is a lot going on...so can someone just tell me yay or nay on downloading it?
    Based on my experience, it's well worth downloading the public beta. Great improvement on memory, no loss of any other functionality. After nearly 18 hours my memory is down only .4MB since I booted the device.
    01-24-10 07:10 PM
348 ... 121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD