how come if i go to weather.com put in my zip and then i check on BerryWeather... it is not the same... BerryWeather shows mostly sunny and online shows showers n cloudy...

i never find that BerryWeather is accurate... are other people experiencing this?... i heard that changing settings to work off of GPS renders better results but i keep my GPS off to save battery
    09-11-09 01:53 PM
    I haven't noticed any change in my battery since enabling the GPS location.. you may want to try it for a few days.

I'm having problems with the custom radar map. "Failed loading radar map. Check your BeWeather transport settings and make sure any custom supplied radar map URL is correct". Would you mind trying to set a custom radar map and see what it tells you? I go to accuweather.com on my PC, find the map of my area, cut/copy the link, email it to my BB and paste it into the "custom map" field.......
    09-11-09 01:59 PM
    It's pretty darn accurate for me. As accurate as weather guessing... errr.... forecasting can be. Love the program.

In Settings, I have "Cell Location (GPS Fallback)" selected. But for my home (and only location) I manually entered my zip code.

Also, my radar map works fine, with both the built in and custom URL. The URL I am using is:

http://radblast.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/radar/WUNIDS_composite?centerlat=$lat$&centerlon=$lon$&r adius=125&type=N0R&frame=0&num=$frames$&delay=15&w idth=$width$&height=$height$&newmaps=1&r=124439328 2

Which I got from the BerryWeather forum.
    Last edited by Hoochie-Coo; 09-11-09 at 02:06 PM.
    09-11-09 01:59 PM
    I find that these weather apps are more accurate if your location is closer to a national weather service monitoring station. I'm about 10 miles from the station in Mt. Holly, NJ and it's pretty damn accurate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 02:18 PM
    I find that these weather apps are more accurate if your location is closer to a national weather service monitoring station. I'm about 10 miles from the station in Mt. Holly, NJ and it's pretty damn accurate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ya... you could be right. I am about 20 miles from the national station in Norman, Oklahoma. It's has really been more accurate than the local news, which is uncommon.
    09-11-09 02:19 PM
    I am using weatherbug with the GPS turned off... I just entered my zip code.
    09-11-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD