I have tmobile and I don't happen to be paying for the GPS at this time. If I buy the BerryWeather 1.5 will it still work the same or should I go with a different app that doesn't require GPS? I saw the the post for it and thought that that it was just what Im looking for but it says it uses GPS and I thought that may be a problem... any thoughts?
    06-27-09 05:11 PM
    Your phone has GPS built in. So no you won't have to pay for it. It'll still work the same

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 05:14 PM
    so it ("it" being the gps) is already activated? BerryWeather will use it even if I am not paying for the GPS?
    06-27-09 05:36 PM
    Yep. I don't pay for GPS and my weather app works perfect. Unless your on VZW or Sprint, you don't have to pay for GPS...thank god.

To actually verify your GPS works is by going into options, then advanced options, and finally GPS. Hit the menu key and go down to refresh.
    When doing this tho, make sure in an open area like outside, or near a window and the GPS should pick up your coordinates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SimeonAS89; 06-27-09 at 05:47 PM.
    06-27-09 05:43 PM
    They have a 3 day trial period to try it out... you can set it to a specific zip code or use your GPS... you can also say not to use a data plan and just use wifi if that is all you have... it will scan to see what works best.
    06-27-09 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD