Anyone who's tried both have an opinion on how they compare? It would be nice to take advantage of the SmrtAlert sale if it's that much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 07:07 PM
    Based on the features they seem close to identical. Nice thing about BerryPopup is you can get SmartAlerts (note, not SmrtAlerts) integration.
    SmartAlerts - Filtered Alerts for E-Mail/ SMS/ Calendar/ Missed Calls - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps

You can bundle both for $9, or BerryPopup is just $4.99 regularly anyways. Been using it for a long time and I like it a lot.

If you get BerryPopup + 20% Mobihand coupon it's gonna end up cheaper than SmrtAlerts, since SmrtAlerts is already discounted you can't use a coupon on it.
    02-22-10 07:14 PM
    i bought them both and prefer berrypopup hands down
    02-22-10 07:43 PM
    I tried SmrtAlerts when it was called Peekawho. It had severe lag when multiple e-mails would be received (especially when turning on the phone).
    BerryPopup works flawlessly (no lag and can handle multiple e-mails with no problem). And I do also use it with Smart Alerts (both by Bellshare) and they are great together.
    BTW SmrtAlerts is a different app than Smart Alerts!!! (confusing)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-22-10 08:06 PM
    Would go with BerryPopup.
    02-22-10 08:12 PM
    Oh crap, SmrtAlerts is peekawho renamed? I still have a license for PeekAWho, that crap is slow... BerryPopup no question then.
    02-22-10 08:16 PM

BerryPopup is just $4.99 regularly anyways. Been using it for a long time and I like it a lot.

If you get BerryPopup + 20% Mobihand coupon it's gonna end up cheaper than SmrtAlerts, since SmrtAlerts is already discounted you can't use a coupon on it.
    papped,

I'm have a trial version of BerryPopup. It's great so far.
    On the CB store it's now $6.95
    So how do I get this 20% Mobihand coupon you speak of?

TIA
    02-22-10 09:05 PM
    i bought them both and prefer berrypopup hands down
    And you're neeeever biased towards Bellshare apps, are you?
    02-22-10 09:09 PM
    I prefer berry pop up. I tried both but berry pop up ran faster on my device, and I liked that I could set it not to wake my device everytime I got an email.

Smrtalert is still nice, but I prefer berry pop up on speed alone

02-22-10 09:17 PM
    Berry pop...........
    02-22-10 09:19 PM
    And you're neeeever biased towards Bellshare apps, are you?
    lol i actually bought all their apps before i started testing or were connected with them in any way. but i know most people wont believe me when i say that but hey, what are ya gonna do?
    02-22-10 09:57 PM
    Check the mobihand coupon thread on this forum for coupons

02-22-10 10:36 PM
    Check the mobihand coupon thread on this forum for coupons

Tks papped
    02-22-10 10:53 PM
    Sweet. I'll give the BerryPopup trial a shot and not worry that I'm missing a chance to save a few ducats then. Thanks guys.
    02-23-10 12:01 AM
    lol i actually bought all their apps before i started testing or were connected with them in any way. but i know most people wont believe me when i say that but hey, what are ya gonna do?
    Haha I was only teasin'. You did say you had actually bought both, so it's a valid opinion!

Sweet. I'll give the BerryPopup trial a shot and not worry that I'm missing a chance to save a few ducats then. Thanks guys.
    Lol at the "ducats" part.

Ding-ding-ding!!! Obscure reference --- 10 points!

Last edited by elite1; 02-23-10 at 03:55 AM.
    02-23-10 03:52 AM
    Thanks. I could have said duckets, but it really is a bastardization.
    02-23-10 05:21 AM
    Here's what I'm looking for in an app of this type, the ability to see and reply to my SMS messages as they come in. Email isn't important to view in realtime.

Been looking for something like BerryPopup, but it has some bad reviews for Storm users. Any Storm 2 (9550) users with this app have any feedback?

Specifically, does it mark my viewed messages as read? Let you reply from the popup screen on the 9550? Is battery drain an issue?

TIA
    02-23-10 07:32 AM
    Here's what I'm looking for in an app of this type, the ability to see and reply to my SMS messages as they come in. Email isn't important to view in realtime.

Been looking for something like BerryPopup, but it has some bad reviews for Storm users. Any Storm 2 (9550) users with this app have any feedback?

Specifically, does it mark my viewed messages as read? Let you reply from the popup screen on the 9550? Is battery drain an issue?

TIA
    There's a free trial, so just download and try it rather than reading reviews. App works perfectly on Bold and does all you asked about (not sure on Storm).

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Last edited by tellsells; 02-23-10 at 10:01 AM.
    02-23-10 07:53 AM
    I use both Berry pop up and smart alerts. I use Berry pop up for the ...Pop up side and Use smart alrets for the message filtering. work great together. I actually started with Peek a who which changes in Smartalerts. Both good programs
    02-23-10 08:15 AM
    You should know that Berry Popup has a bug or two when used with OS 5.0+. For example, when you receive an SMS, and hit the "reply" button, it will not work, just opens the inbox real quick and closes it right away. And you cannot mark the message as read, but I believe that this is a limitation of the BB and not of the software.
    02-23-10 08:35 AM

TIA
    I've used it for a long time (9530 & 9550) and it does mark your messages as read. It even gives you the option to mark all as read if you escape/back out with the hard button on the bottom. If you hit the reply button it will only open the messages folder and you have to click on the message to reply and I think that's something to do with RIM. I love this product; that's my nickel's worth.
    02-23-10 08:56 AM
    Peekawho and smart alerts are not the same thing. Peekawho does what Berry Pop Up does, gives you a pop up when a new message comes in. I started with PAW and switched to BPU, because PAW was very slow (as mentioned). BPU is a much better app. Smart alerts is a filter for BPU so you only get the messages and pop ups you really want.
    02-23-10 09:30 AM
    I've used it for a long time (9530 & 9550) and it does mark your messages as read. It even gives you the option to mark all as read if you escape/back out with the hard button on the bottom. If you hit the reply button it will only open the messages folder and you have to click on the message to reply and I think that's something to do with RIM. I love this product; that's my nickel's worth.
    When I hit reply, it takes me straight to the reply message to start typing. Running a .497 hybrid on Storm2. Unless you meant replying to text messages, then I think you are right, but replying to emails takes me straight to the reply message.

But I agree, it's a great product and the speed is what really sets it apart, in my eyes, from SmrtAlert. I am really happy I tried both though, as I would not have appreciated it as much if I hadn't.
    Last edited by spyderman09; 02-23-10 at 09:42 AM.
    02-23-10 09:39 AM

TIA
    try this one out, it has a free trial, and is half off till end of today.

SMS Alert Popup for Blackberry
    02-23-10 09:43 AM
    Peekawho and smart alerts are not the same thing. Peekawho does what Berry Pop Up does, gives you a pop up when a new message comes in. I started with PAW and switched to BPU, because PAW was very slow (as mentioned). BPU is a much better app. Smart alerts is a filter for BPU so you only get the messages and pop ups you really want.
    Peekawho and SMRTALERTS are absolutely the same app (notice spelling!!!!).
    See below:

SmrtAlerts - AWARD WINNING Email and SMS Alert - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

One app is SmartAlerts (good one by Bellshare) and the other is SmrtAlert (Bad one which is peekawho)
    Last edited by tellsells; 02-23-10 at 10:10 AM.
    02-23-10 10:06 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD