thanks for the quick responses!! the help is appreciated
    I find that the best thing to do is when I make OPTION changes to a program like MeterBerry is to make a note of what I did and when. THEN if things get whacked out I can try turning back the option to see if that's the issue. Guess that's the tech geek in me. Night!
    02-23-10 11:42 PM
    I got BerryJoose yesterday and am running with MeterBerry and so far haven't noticed any change. I get to the 24hr uptime mark and memory starts dropping. I'll give it a chance to settle in (if need be) and see if I notice any differences.
    02-24-10 10:07 AM
    is berryjoose the same a bejoose on the bb appworld?
    02-24-10 02:46 PM
    Hi I bought this app today and I was wondering if it works with logmaid

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 06:52 PM
    Well, I started getting to my 24hr uptime and memory started dropping AGAIN, just as before I had BerryJoose. So far this has been a worthless waste of money for me. Just sayin'.
    02-25-10 09:30 AM
    So you are saying that without this app installed you get past 24 hours of uptime without your memory dropping?

02-25-10 09:35 AM
    So you are saying that without this app installed you get past 24 hours of uptime without your memory dropping?

Yeah, with and without the app (no difference). I drop a little, and it fluctuates a little (maybe down anywhere from .5 to 1.5 mb) but around the 22-24 hr uptime mark, I start dropping much more.

And no 3rd party themes installed and as far as I know, none of my apps are known leakers.
    02-25-10 09:44 AM
    This app is good for keeping your blackberry speedy and responsive but hasn't stopped memory leaks for me either. I really don't think there is an app out there that stops memory leaks. With this app my memory will drop over time just like it would without this app but my phone never slows down. That is the value I get from berryjoose.

02-25-10 10:07 AM
    I love Berry Joose but sorry that a company would stoop this low.
    They do realize this hurts them in the long run.....if not then they will find out soon enough.

I don't like the racist mudslinging reported in the articles to be honest.
    02-25-10 01:00 PM
    BTW I still have mem leaks but this doesn't prevent them, I think it just re-allocates the available memory.
    02-25-10 01:09 PM
    This app is good for keeping your blackberry speedy and responsive but hasn't stopped memory leaks for me either. I really don't think there is an app out there that stops memory leaks.
    You are right, applications can't prevent memory leaks at runtime. A leak is basically a bug in some software or other which grabs memory and fails to release it correctly when it is no longer required. Because the memory is still allocated to app #1 there is nothing app #2 can do about it. It would be a major bug (probably a security violation and hard crash) if any user level app could manipulate unreleased memory allocated to other apps.

The only fix for memory leaks is to fix the programming bugs which cause them.
    02-25-10 01:12 PM
    I also was happy with this app but I really think jaredcos behavior is going to hurt them in the long run. I will not be purchasing any other apps from them, that's for sure.

02-25-10 01:45 PM
    I also was happy with this app but I really think jaredcos behavior is going to hurt them in the long run. I will not be purchasing any other apps from them, that's for sure.

+1

10 char.
    02-25-10 01:56 PM

I also agree.
    02-25-10 02:47 PM
    BTW I still have mem leaks but this doesn't prevent them, I think it just re-allocates the available memory.
    Their product description advertises "memory leaks are minimized" so I don't know how that works.
    02-25-10 02:54 PM
    It's BS, like most of the memory booster app claims are.
    02-25-10 02:59 PM
    It's BS, like most of the memory booster app claims are.
    I think you're right. I actually bought this application and I did notice a more steady free file size, but in the past few weeks it is not that way anymore. Plus, with all the donkeybull I've been reading in other threads about this developer, no thanks. I uninstalled it and won't be patronizing them again.
    02-25-10 03:23 PM
    You are right, applications can't prevent memory leaks at runtime. A leak is basically a bug in some software or other which grabs memory and fails to release it correctly when it is no longer required. Because the memory is still allocated to app #1 there is nothing app #2 can do about it. It would be a major bug (probably a security violation and hard crash) if any user level app could manipulate unreleased memory allocated to other apps.

The only fix for memory leaks is to fix the programming bugs which cause them.
    well, thats 100% logical :P

i guess that the s2 i tested this app on had no bugs then, cause i updated to .428 and installed this, and i saw no more leaks.

in my 9700, i have leaks :P
    02-25-10 05:25 PM
    After a few days I have to say I'm blown away by how stable my memory has been. In one day I didn't lose a single fraction of an MB. Shut down at nite with the same 29 I booted with despite high activity with many running apps. Battery life highly improved too. Definitely recco this app.

REALLY????? Wow!! I got this app today - free offer because of a previous software purchase - given the code Jared53 to use - check out was good, showed $0.00 in my cart. Loaded the app, checked the memory (13.3) then did a battery pull and restarted. Had to re-enter the registration number again, and memory was back up to 29.2 (which is what it typically is after any other battery pull).

However, after running the browser (and selecting the close option when I was done); then later using Facebook (and again selecting the close option when done)...and sending a few emails/text messages - my memory is now sitting back at 13.0.

Yes, I know I'll get the memory back once I reboot or do a battery pull. But I'm just not getting the "greatness" of this app! Though it does seem the "hourglass" doesn't stay on as long, every time I use the browser (if it doesn't time out and not connect) it takes ALOT longer! But I'll keep reading to see what the advantages of this app are, before I decide to delete.
    04-15-10 08:13 PM
    you won't get memory back, but it reallocates memory so like you stated, you won't see the hr glass as much. Memory leak will still happen, but your device shouldn't slow down. I just received a replacement so I am testing the device without it for a day or two.
    04-15-10 08:38 PM
    you won't get memory back, but it reallocates memory so like you stated, you won't see the hr glass as much. Memory leak will still happen, but your device shouldn't slow down. I just received a replacement so I am testing the device without it for a day or two.

I have spent a lot of time trying to search for the "code #" to register this app. I am running out of patience, can you help me?

07-08-10 05:29 AM

I have spent a lot of time trying to search for the "code #" to register this app. I am running out of patience, can you help me?

I no longer use a blackberry as I converted to android.....did you email the developer?
    He is quick to respond to emails.

[email protected]
    07-08-10 10:38 AM
    My personal experience with BerryJoose:

I've found the product description to be accurate - it does what it says. I've posted this somewhere before (probably in the discussion forum) but I'll just say it again. To cut the long story short, I read a post from someone saying all memory apps are BS, then proceeded to get a refund from JaredCo and got it, so I no longer have or use the app.

With BerryJoose:
    Memory at bootup = 117mb
    Memory throughout the day = 108-109mb

Without BerryJoose:
    Memory at bootup = 117mb
    *Memory at the end of the day = 99-100mb
    Memory the following day = 107-108mb

Device used is Curve 8520 on OS 5.0.0.681.

*What happened was the memory drops steadily throughout the day until the stated amount before climbing up again the next day. With BerryJoose installed, the memory never drops to 99-100mb range, but rather it steadily drops to 108-109mb range.

I don't know if this benefits those who are short on memory, but initially when I saw the change I felt cheated by the poster's comments. But at the end of the day, I found no difference in the smooth running of my device and also since the memory climbs back up to the normal range. Here's a sincere apology to the one I've doubted ^^
    07-08-10 12:19 PM
    Get it. Phone responds instantly. Curve 8530.
    11-20-10 01:37 PM
224 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD