Is there a major difference between the two other than price?
    Also, can the led light colour be changed based on contact? (Rather than just the profile?)
    03-15-09 01:14 AM
    donno will let u know
    03-15-09 01:43 AM
    I personally have used both and I prefer BerryBuzz.
    It doesn't have to run in the background like BBAlerts does.
    There's also the Vib&Ring feature that I like so it eliminates the need for an outside app other than BerryBuzz

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 09:59 PM
    Ive used both as well ,I was a big Blackberry alerts fan but found Berry buzz to be better app
    03-17-09 10:22 PM
    From what I've learned in my few hours of using BerryBuzz, there is no way to specify a color to a specific contact, only specific alerts, eg red for sms, blue for email account 1, green for email account 2.
    03-17-09 10:55 PM
    i've done trials for both, and i've found...

berrybuzz integrates itself a little better onto your phone that bb alerts does - you'll find it under options . though it has several colors listed, i've found that "bright green" is no different that just regular "green" but maybe it's the LED on my pearl?

bb alerts does have an upside - you can create up to three colors using RGB. not to say you can create 10 shades of magenta, but pink, a different shade of green, etc etc. this is handy if you run out of colors to assign things to.

neither of them work for PIN messages for me (note, i mean PIN messages, not bbmessenger messages), but i've heard otherwise from others.

that aside, bb alerts is about $7 more expensive than berrybuzz...
    03-17-09 11:07 PM
    If the LED has the capability of displaying colors other than red and green, shouldn't there be some way to unlock the assignment of the LED color to specific notifications without an app??
    03-18-09 12:36 AM
    I've had both and prefer BerryBuzz. With BBAlerts, I had to use VibAndRing as well but now I get them both in one program. And like Simeon said, it doesn't have to run in the background like BBAlerts.

The only thing that I don't like is that I cannot specify a color or reminder alert to BBM. That is a kind of a big deal to me but I still use and like the program.
    03-18-09 12:39 AM
    If the LED has the capability of displaying colors other than red and green, shouldn't there be some way to unlock the assignment of the LED color to specific notifications without an app??
    It's like asking why PC's come with Windows pre-installed when they could just as easily put Linux on them. Its all a matter of manufactures doing what they want to. RIM probably didn't see a need to make the LED color customizable. In reality, I don't either. I mean, if my phone is blinking I'm going to pick it up and look at it, regardless of the color of the light.
    03-18-09 01:15 AM
    I currently use a combination of BerryBuzz (incoming calls only), Ring and Vibrate (not Vibe and Ring) for it's customizable vibrate patterns, and BB Alerts (everything else: emails, SMS, PIN, VM, missed calls, calendar).

While it is true that BerryBuzz could replace all three, I find that Ring and Vibrate does a better job handling the vibrate + ring function with it's customizable vibrate pattern, and that BB Alerts is better at alerting me the way I want for the reminder. The ability to set custom colours in BB Alerts is a nice feature along with being able to set the duration of the flash and delay. As mentioned above, yellow on one BB model may not look yellow on another model, so the ability to set colours using RGB is great.

If BerryBuzz was on the market two years ago, maybe I'd be using it exclusively, but BB Alerts has served me well and will continue to do so. No bugs on my Bold.
    03-18-09 08:40 AM
    I finally downloaded the trials for both and I prefer BerryBuzz. It does the same thing, is cheaper, and solves the vibe+ring problem.
    There is the fact that some of the colours are off/look exactly like other ones, but the app is new, so I figure it'll most likely be worked out.
    Neither of them let you set specific rings/colours per contact though, which was something I really wanted. I did find one that does, AlertMatrix, but it's 35$. Eff that.
    03-18-09 02:11 PM
    I've used both now, I had used BBAlerts up until Berry Buzz came out. The biggest thing for me that made me switch was the ability to combine 3 apps that I had on my phone (BuzzMe, BlinkWhile Call and BBAlerts). I also think that its a bit easier to configure then BBAlerts. I do miss the customizable colors Alerts had though...
    03-18-09 07:02 PM
    BerryBuzz wins hands down for me! MUCH better than BbAlerts!!
    03-21-09 06:51 PM
    I have purchased both BBalerts(for my 8320 when I had it), and now with my 8900 I have BerryBuzz, after using BBalerts for a week, and the alert would not stop flashing. I like BerryBuzz a lot more, it seems to be more stable, and doesn't spaz out on me. Plus the vib and ring function is very useful .
    03-21-09 06:54 PM
    I tried both as well and definitely prefer BerryBuzz. The only thing I've found that I don't like about BerryBuzz is I have the vib+ring turned on and when i set the phone to silent (at work--I am a nurse), it still vibrates on incoming calls. Anyone know how to fix this?
    03-21-09 08:57 PM
    I tried both as well and definitely prefer BerryBuzz. The only thing I've found that I don't like about BerryBuzz is I have the vib+ring turned on and when i set the phone to silent (at work--I am a nurse), it still vibrates on incoming calls. Anyone know how to fix this?
    Only way to fix that issue is to turn off the vibrate option within berrybuzz...my Bold does the same thing when i have it on silent...i even have the in holster setting set to none but still vibrates.
    03-22-09 07:41 AM
    I have BerryBuzz and I love it. But every so often, the SMS light turns on even when theres no text message waiting. Is there a way to fix? has anyone else experienced this?
    04-05-09 01:08 AM
    BerryBuzz is better because it allows you to assign a different LED color to each e-mail account. BB Alerts has one color for all e-mail accounts.

BB Alerts is better because it lets you assign a color for voicemail. BerryBuzz doesn't touch voicemail.
    04-05-09 01:40 PM
    I have a question about BerryBuzz. I have it all set up for the different colors for each alert but is there anyway to set it so it only blinks for a little bit? I know there probably is but I haven't figured it out yet. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    04-05-09 06:15 PM
    I think it's more useful to me if it blinks until I notice it. otherwise, it blinks for a minute (while I wasn't looking), then quits. I might not even know there was a message. If I have to pick up the phone to see if there's a message, the berry buzz wouldn't be of much use to me.
    11-30-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD