I'm having a problem with backing up after installing BerryBuzz, when the backup reaches the end it gives me an error message saying "error backing up database(s). [Profiles] 3 out of 5 entries received" now when I uninstall BerryBuzz this problem goes away and my phone backs up fine so it's definately BerryBuzz thats causing this, anyone else have this problem?
    09-02-09 06:46 PM
    are you by any chance running Desktop Manager 5.0.1, the one that was leaked? Because I have BerryBuzz installed, and never had a problem backing up with DM 4.6. Once I upgraded DM to 5.0, is when I got the profiles error. Mine said 8 of 11 received, so I'm not sure if I'd attribute it to BerryBuzz. Maybe I just got lucky?

I'd be curious as to the answer for this as well. If you don't get an answer here, I'd recommend going to the Bellshare forums. They're a good bunch over there
    09-02-09 09:08 PM
    I am running version 5.0 of the DM but it's the official version, I will try uninstalling it and reinstalling version 4.6 to see if that fixes the problem
    09-02-09 09:17 PM
    At least the "good" news is that with DM 5.0, it will complete the backup even if portion of it fails. I recall that earlier versions of DM, maybe even 4.6 included, would just fail, and I'd have to manually exclude the problem portions.

I'm probably going to revert back down to DM 4.6 as soon as I have time.
    09-02-09 09:22 PM
    Turns out it was a problem with DM 5.0 and after downgrading to 4.6 I can now do a backup without receiving that error message so thanks for your help
    09-02-09 09:43 PM
    glad I could be of some assistance glad you got this resolved too. It sounds like I just solved my own problem as well
    09-02-09 09:50 PM
    I too was having this backup problem. Luckily, I have been creating frequent backups prior to installing berrybuzz.

What I did to resolve is to launch DM (v5.0.0.11)/backup and restore/advanced/file/open and select a backup file prior to berrybuzz, scroll down to and select profiles and then click the arrow between the two windows to move it over to the right window (your phone memory). It will replace the profiles on your phone.

When I tried backing up after this it worked properly... I could then edit berrybuzz options and backup properly as well.

If I had to guess what caused this problem to happen it would be that I did not do a battery pull after installing berrybuzz
    09-28-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD