** Shakes Head ** and smiles... You are confused, huh? I'll reply as to how you've numbered them.
    1. Yes, Options>BerryBuzz; an e-mail account is the first listed. Click on it, set the LED you want, set Reminder if you want, and Vibrate needs to be set to Off. (If you have vibrate set to On, and you use the 'All Alerts Off' profile, it will still vibrate. (More about this further down in this post)) Continue down in this bbuzz screen and select and make settings on all e-mail accounts, SMS, Instant Messages, Social Networks, etc., all categories, making sure vibrate=Off in all of them.
    2. Your sound profiles should be Normal, Vibrate, All Alerts Off plus any you've added/renamed. Bbuzz did not add any sound profiles. It has added those lines under 'Other' in all of your profiles. These are the "Reminders" you set in 1. above. However, here you set how you want to be reminded (other than LED, which you set in 1. above).
    I see a real confusion as to what a profile is?
    First, don't go to Options>Sounds and Ring Tones. What you can do there is very limited and is only for the currently used profile. Instead, click on the Sounds icon (shaped like a speaker), scroll all the way down to Edit Profiles, click. There is the list of your profiles. Click one and start your editing. Amongst several other things, this is where you turn on/off vibrating and it's length, not in bbuzz. Again, there are no BerryBuzz profiles.
    3. No
    [Your next paragraph] Set all your bbuzz options first, then make changes to your profiles. I can't remember when but a few days back I said, when you are in Options>BerryBuzz all of those settings are for ALL of your profiles. Keep this in mind when making those settings; BerryBuzz overrides your vibrate and LED settings in your profiles.

Not to make it more confusing, but to explain bbuzz's "quirks":
    If you have vibrate set to On in bbuzz, you cannot turn off vibrate in your profiles (you can set Vibrate=Off in your profiles but it will have no effect). BUT, if you have vibrate set to Off in bbuzz, you CAN turn it On or Off in your profiles. Now re-read those last two sentences until it makes sense, because there's more... All the LED settings made in bbuzz CANNOT be turned off in your profiles (you can select LED=Off in your profiles but it will have no effect).

The above paragraph explains why the 'All Alerts Off' profile will not turn off vibrate (IF you have vibrate=on in bbuzz) and why the 'All Alerts Off' profile will NOT turn off the LED. AND (as we discussed a few days ago) the ONLY way to get the LED to turn off (with bbuzz installed) is by using Bedside Mode in Clock where you have set Disable LED=Yes in Clock>Options>Bedside Mode.

I think that once you get all the above straight, both in your head and on your phone, your "e-mail LED notification not turning off problem" will go away. I suspect (and from what you've said) you have "messed up" your settings in bbuzz and your profiles.
    11-02-10 08:08 PM
    ** Shakes Head ** and smiles... You are confused, huh?
    Perhaps not as much as you think I am. Referring to the items again:

1. Options>BerryBuzz is the only place where one can set the length of vibrate. Every resource I've found (other than your post) says to use it. Are we using the same app?

2. The lines under "Other" in all of my profiles are definitely not the Reminders I set, in fact they are completely erroneous and bear little or no resemblance to them. My old profiles (and I definitely know what a profile is, thank you!) (sorry to sound defensive -- you are SO nice and helpful -- but I learned that term on day one!) have names of songs for reminders. The items listed under "Other" are old default ring tones that came with the phone. The other settings are erroneous too, as I always got rid of anything having to do with the holster (I don't use one) and so on. Further, there is no place here for length of vibrate. There is only an option for "Vibrate with Ring Tone" which I was explicitly told I could only use if I set Vibrate on in Options>Bbuzz. Again, it sounds like we have different apps.

But it was delightful talking to you in PM and I hope to continue that at a later time. I'm off to deal with more medical stuff but at least I have this thing working enough to signal me better in a quiet room and to know when my honey is calling. When I'm up for it I will try to check in again.

Thank you again for trying. It was very generous of you to spend your time this way, even if the results aren't quite what we hoped for. It's okay.
    11-03-10 01:45 PM
    Hi again!

My solution, while not nearly as fancy, but much more manageable and reliable (for me and my phone), is a combination of 1. the purchase of Blink, which has a reasonable variety of signals for events, and 2. the free version of Color ID which has fancy options for just my main two family contacts.

They don't allow me to be as specific about things -- how long to keep blinking fast, then slow, and tons of other stuff I admittedly enjoyed...when it worked. But I'm very happy with the simplicity and reliability of these apps. I'm still enjoying the different colors and disco lights even though they're not nearly as customized.

Hats off to Mobihand who went above and beyond in helping me to try to reach Bellsoft who dropped the ball, though I'm inclined to believe Mobihand's statement that it is unusual. I'm glad to be purchasing other stuff from Mobi (including Blink.)

Thanks again Starchit and happy blinking everyone.
    11-06-10 08:13 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD