I thought I'd try a free trial of berry weather 2.0 and it's not available for OS5 apparently. Has anyone tried the 4.7 version on 5.0? Just wondering if it even works. I just had the free trial of the old version and really liked it, but I noticed it would cause my phone to freeze up for 10 or 15 seconds sometimes. Anyone else had that problem? Does the new version fix that?
    12-03-09 02:42 PM
    I thought I'd try a free trial of berry weather 2.0 and it's not available for OS5 apparently. Has anyone tried the 4.7 version on 5.0? Just wondering if it even works. I just had the free trial of the old version and really liked it, but I noticed it would cause my phone to freeze up for 10 or 15 seconds sometimes. Anyone else had that problem? Does the new version fix that?
    Here are the OS versions for the new Berry Weather 2.0, there is indeed one for OS5:

http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=27173&n=BerryWeather-2.0
    12-03-09 02:49 PM
    Well you're right.. when I chose the Free Trial and selected the Tour 9630, it only showed OS 4.7. Wonder what's up with that? I'd buy 2.0 if I knew the freezing up problem was gone. When I would unlock my phone, it would intermittenly freeze for like 5-10 seconds or more sometimes.
    12-03-09 02:56 PM
    Well you're right.. when I chose the Free Trial and selected the Tour 9630, it only showed OS 4.7. Wonder what's up with that? I'd buy 2.0 if I knew the freezing up problem was gone. When I would unlock my phone, it would intermittenly freeze for like 5-10 seconds or more sometimes.
    I believe thats because the tour is running 4.7 officially and not 5.0?
    12-03-09 03:00 PM
    Fyi..............

"pfluger" there have been users getting a wrong os download after upgrading to berryweather 2.0 on mobihand/crackberry appstore (i.e. They initially purchased for os 5.0 and are now getting os 4.7).

If you are getting a download for the wrong os version please proceed as follows:

Please login at Smartphone - MobiHand Apps Store Account and under my apps, below the berryweather product name, there is a link “swap to another version”. Please click on it, and on the popup that shows up, select the correct version for your device and submit.

Once the popup closes, you are all done; you can now download the version of the software that is compatible with your device.
    12-03-09 03:02 PM
    I upgraded to 2.0 after having just upgraded my S1 (with the 5.0 OS) to a new, S2. I had changed my device profile here on CB's app store, so assumed that all was well. Today, when my BW began acting up, a little investigation showed that I was using the 4.7 version. It was a simple matter of downloading the 5.0 version, but this may explain some of the issues people are having.
    12-03-09 03:05 PM
    I downloaded the new berryweather but if I can't update to 5.0 I don't know if I want it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 03:49 PM
    Fyi..............
    What if your account is here on CB? I now have a compatibility icon next to the BW app (arrow in a half circle) but it doesn't click. I sent a messege to the support link but no reply (as many others have posted). I finally got the free trial version on my phone but what do I do when that expires (soon) Very frustrating I tell you
    12-03-09 04:20 PM
    What if your account is here on CB? I now have a compatibility icon next to the BW app (arrow in a half circle) but it doesn't click. I sent a messege to the support link but no reply (as many others have posted). I finally got the free trial version on my phone but what do I do when that expires (soon) Very frustrating I tell you
    I had that same exact situation happen to me. I went into my account via the BB browser and there was a button to upgrade which gave me the option then to buy for the $3.99 upgrade price.
    12-03-09 09:12 PM
    OK. I think I'm just being stupid here, but I'm running a Tour w/5.0.0.230. Bought BW 1.x and was quite happy w/1.5.x.

I uninstalled, battery pulled, then installed the 5.0 version of BW2, battery pulled again (for good measure) and could not get the "homescreen wallpaper" to show-up. It just seems to ratchet back to the default image of the Zen theme.

Saw another post at another forum that seemed to have a similar problem but no replies, so figured I'd hit-up the group that'd know. Also seemed a bit sketchy w/the updates. (I then uninstalled and installed EVERY flavor of BW2 available to no avail. Obviously, pre-4.7 didn't seem to have the homescreen option.) All permissions are set to ALLOW, btw. Been running the battery ragged w/all these "reboots".

Bellshare has yet to correct SmartAlerts (per their own webstie) for unofficial OS releases (such as 5.0.0.230 for the 9630) to prevent profile setups disappearing after a battery pull/reboot. One of the most useful apps I ever bought, but useless (not quite willing to give-up overall system boost w/5.x, however). I'm wondering if they're staying mum but doing the same, here.

In which case... Do I blame Bellshare (for not quite going the distance for a nice, but pricey weather app I WANT to upgrade...but wary to do...), RIM (for not getting OS5 official for us), or Verizon (who might be stonewalling hoping they can scare Storm > Tour users to Storm2 users)?! Or perhaps my own impatience?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    12-04-09 02:53 AM
    Sorry... One more quickie. Should this BW2 quest prove moot until OS5 goes official, can anyone post a link to the BW 1.5.x? All the ones I'm finding now all loop back to BW2.

Much thanks!
    12-04-09 02:58 AM
    I tell you what, after having Berry weather on my Tour for a few months, the new update for it a few days ago to 2.0 is AWESOME! I love berryweather that much more! Its one of the best apps I have on the phone a long with berrybuzz!

They did a very good job making berryweather, I'm a fan
    12-04-09 06:31 AM
    My questions - how do you get the upgrade? I know there is a cost for it, but the main page article here the other day said there would be a notification.
    12-04-09 07:05 AM
    I downloaded the new berryweather and it bricked my tour running 4.7...errr
    12-04-09 07:34 AM
    update: got it installed here is what happend.

This morning I purchased the update for this software. It downloaded and installed, but it still shows the old version of 1.5.47.

There is a new icon for berryweather in my download icon, but when I select this I get an error of (Error starting berryweather:Class ‘com.bellshare.berryweather.advisory’ multiply defined.)

This was also sent to bellshare support

Guess I will have to call credit card company and stop the charge.
    12-04-09 07:59 AM
    You have to remove the old version it does not overwrite 1.5. Then reboot and install the new version and error should be gone

12-04-09 08:06 AM
    Thank you will try this
    12-04-09 08:08 AM
    im running os .230 delete berryweather before downloading new version. on the upgrade screen go to SWAP appversion there is a 5.0 listed it works great
    12-04-09 08:19 AM
    sorry. in your app account is where the swap version appears.
    12-04-09 08:21 AM
    to get the wallpaper homescreen setting you must download the correct version 5.0 4.7 4.6 etc. if your acct is with cbry, by the compatability tag is a swap version option use it to go the the version screen and select your os then all is good
    12-04-09 08:27 AM
    You have to remove the old version it does not overwrite 1.5. Then reboot and install the new version and error should be gone

Thank you for the input. This worked great and the software is up and running. Looks great!
    12-04-09 08:37 AM
    When you purchase from CrackBerry it sends you the OTA link for all of the versions. You just download from the BellShare website.
    12-04-09 10:05 AM
    I'm running a hybrid OS-5 and BerryWx 2.0 for 4.2.1 os (that's the version I bought previously) if you got yours thru crackberry, you'll need to go to your "my account" page in the app store, and go thru the steps to 'buy' the upgrade, and you'll pay nothing if you bought the app since Oct. 15th, or pay the upgrade price - when you get the new registration code, then put that in your install for BerryWx 2.0, and all should be well from there - at least it is for me. Don't have the wallpaper option though...
    12-04-09 10:18 AM
    I'm running a hybrid OS-5 and BerryWx 2.0 for 4.2.1 os (that's the version I bought previously) if you got yours thru crackberry, you'll need to go to your "my account" page in the app store, and go thru the steps to 'buy' the upgrade, and you'll pay nothing if you bought the app since Oct. 15th, or pay the upgrade price - when you get the new registration code, then put that in your install for BerryWx 2.0, and all should be well from there - at least it is for me. Don't have the wallpaper option though...
    Just go to the OTA download site on the CrackBerry email receipt to get the proper version.
    12-04-09 10:49 AM
    Bellshare has yet to correct SmartAlerts (per their own webstie) for unofficial OS releases (such as 5.0.0.230 for the 9630) to prevent profile setups disappearing after a battery pull/reboot. One of the most useful apps I ever bought, but useless (not quite willing to give-up overall system boost w/5.x, however). I'm wondering if they're staying mum but doing the same, here.

In which case... Do I blame Bellshare (for not quite going the distance for a nice, but pricey weather app I WANT to upgrade...but wary to do...), RIM (for not getting OS5 official for us), or Verizon (who might be stonewalling hoping they can scare Storm > Tour users to Storm2 users)?! Or perhaps my own impatience?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    FYI

This is not a Bellshare problem, it's a RIM problem. There is still a bug in OS 5 that resets profile settings for 3rd party apps, such as BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, SmartAlerts, ubertwitter, Social Scope, TweetGenius, etc... on a reboot/battery pull. I'm running an official 5.0.0.296 on my 9700 and this problem still exists. I'm going to try the leaked .405 tonight to see if it is fixed.
    12-04-09 11:26 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD