Ok, this is truly ironic.

I read about it on crackberry's main blog and then I coughed up the $7 for it- thinking it would probably come in handy!

Low and behold, I lose the stupid thing tonight. I send it the message which activates the app and I get a google map in my inbox 1min later telling me where it is!!

Naturally, its located about 30min outside my city but that's fine, atleast I know where it is and its safe!

Even if you're a person who loses their BB in their home- this is a fantastic service. Simply email yourself and it will activate the BB to flash and make a bunch of noise for up to 3min while you search for it (even if you had it set to mute).

Probably many of you already have this- but if you don't, trust me its worth the $7.
    03-07-09 12:06 AM
    i agree it works great. i juss downloaded it today
    03-07-09 12:16 AM
    Was it just patiently hiding under a tree waiting for you to come back for it or was it at some thief's apartment?

Seriously I think you're probably the luckiest SOB to lose a $500 blackberry and be able to recover it with or without this app. If I was to lose it, it'd be gone forever in less than a minute to be sold on ebay. Someone will pick it up and take out the sim card, blocking any attempt for it to register on the network.
    03-07-09 01:17 AM
    Was it just patiently hiding under a tree waiting for you to come back for it or was it at some thief's apartment?

Seriously I think you're probably the luckiest SOB to lose a $500 blackberry and be able to recover it with or without this app. If I was to lose it, it'd be gone forever in less than a minute to be sold on ebay. Someone will pick it up and take out the sim card, blocking any attempt for it to register on the network.
    Although not quite so aggressively, I too question the true usefulness of this app. I mean if it is stolen then chances are the sim card will be removed. So to buy this app for the chance of its theft, seems a poor idea.

However for those forgetful minded persons perhaps this is a decent app...

Overall you shouldn't be getting into bad situations either (like recovering your beloved 8900 from a crackhouse), so seriously question the use and safety of using this product before going ahead with it..
    03-07-09 01:36 AM
    Last time I lost a phone, they didn't bother removing the SIM.... They made many calls to Mexico, instead.
    03-07-09 03:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD