I want to change the color of the led but don't wanna waste the money if its buggy/glitchy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 04:44 PM
    I think its worth I have it and love it. No glitches or anything for me.

03-06-10 04:46 PM
    Yes, definitely worth the money. My favorite application. I can't imagine using my BlackBerry and not having personalized LED alerts. It's extremely helpful if you have more than one email address.
    03-06-10 04:52 PM
    It's fan-freakin-tastic. The personalization that you can do is worth it.
    03-06-10 05:01 PM
    Besides meterberry this is a must have application! Sends constant reminders until you deactivate and personalized LED colors for mail.
    03-06-10 05:15 PM
    yes! its amazingggg :]
    03-06-10 05:34 PM
    Definitely worth getting.... I don't think my bb would be the same without it.

03-06-10 05:36 PM
    I'm a huge fan. No hassle re-install too.

03-06-10 05:59 PM
    It is one of those must have apps, I love knowing what message type I just received by the color of the LED notification.
    03-06-10 06:48 PM
    I couldn't be the same without berrybuzz

03-06-10 06:53 PM
    BerryBuzz rocks...
    03-06-10 06:53 PM
    bebuzz was causing java.rim out of memory errors on my curve 8330
    Going on almost a week without a response from the developer.
    I know everybody loves the app but I am not a big fan of the free version, which is watered down.
    If I ever receive a response from the developer my opinion may change.
    03-06-10 06:58 PM
    Im obsessed with berry buzz. best application u can buy. You can literally customize just about every alert you possibly need, from messages to tasks and calendar appointments, You can also customize your calls. One of the best features of bebuzz is the fact that you can create your own colors. I recommend bebuzz with two thumbs up
    03-07-10 12:32 PM
    It was great when I got it but I got tired of it. But I do recommend

03-07-10 12:42 PM
    I can't imagine my bb without it, just buy it already
    03-07-10 12:58 PM
    I can't imagine my bb without it, just buy it already
    I have had no problems with it at all. I love it when my phone is on silent and can tell by the color what type of message I'm getting.

03-07-10 02:58 PM
    i love it

still have the free one, thinking of getting the paid one bc its sooooooo convinient
    03-07-10 08:53 PM
    I had the free version for a few days. My battery life went down from 3 days to 1.
    They have a 7 day trial period, get it and decide for yourself how it works and if it is worth getting.
    03-08-10 10:29 AM
    The GOOD:

It is a great app, if I am away from my phone and return I can look at it to see what type of messages/missed calls I have, it really saves me time because different messages have different priorities and I don't even need to pick up my phone to see them.

Reminder alerts are GREAT for calender entries. I have meetings with clients many times throughout the week, and if I set a reminder in my calender, I have BerryBuzz set to play a reminder tone every 2 minutes until I dismiss the reminder or hit snooze. I cannot imagine not having this feature.

The app is highly customizable, you can set the reminders/LED notifications to be silent at certain hours of the day/night, really useful. Also includes option for VIBRATE while RINGING, though this functionality is built into some of the recent 5.0 OS, but nice feature for those still running 4.X os.

The app integrates very well with all of the other BellShare apps, additional options show up if you have more of their apps installed (BerryWeather, BerryPopup etc.)

THE BAD:

There is no BACKUP CONFIGURATION option. This is VERY annoying to those who are constantly installing different OS hybrids/leaks to their device. It takes a while to get all of the options in BerryBuzz just right, and for every reminder alert you have to go into your tones settings and it just gets to be a big pain in the @$$ if you have to do this over and over.... I want to do it just ONCE and be able to back up all of my options to my SD card so I never have to do it again. I really hope this feature is coming in the next update.

Occasionally, the LED does not turn off properly. I have the settings to where it should turn off as soon as I move the trackball or press a button on the keyboard, but this sometimes does not happen. Sometimes I have to open the message and close out of the messaging app, and once in a while this does not work either forcing me to pull the battery (very rarely does this happen, and may not be a fault of the app)....

Overall, I think it is worth every penny and could not imagine not having it on my BB. Though there are small quirks and missing features, they would not prevent me from purchasing this app again.
    Last edited by eye4ni; 03-08-10 at 10:53 AM.
    03-08-10 10:45 AM
    The GOOD:

It is a great app, if I am away from my phone and return I can look at it to see what type of messages/missed calls I have, it really saves me time because different messages have different priorities and I don't even need to pick up my phone to see them.

Reminder alerts are GREAT for calender entries. I have meetings with clients many times throughout the week, and if I set a reminder in my calender, I have BerryBuzz set to play a reminder tone every 2 minutes until I dismiss the reminder or hit snooze. I cannot imagine not having this feature.

The app is highly customizable, you can set the reminders/LED notifications to be silent at certain hours of the day/night, really useful. Also includes option for VIBRATE while RINGING, though this functionality is built into some of the recent 5.0 OS, but nice feature for those still running 4.X os.

The app integrates very well with all of the other BellShare apps, additional options show up if you have more of their apps installed (BerryWeather, BerryPopup etc.)

THE BAD:

There is no BACKUP CONFIGURATION option. This is VERY annoying to those who are constantly installing different OS hybrids/leaks to their device. It takes a while to get all of the options in BerryBuzz just right, and for every reminder alert you have to go into your tones settings and it just gets to be a big pain in the @$$ if you have to do this over and over.... I want to do it just ONCE and be able to back up all of my options to my SD card so I never have to do it again. I really hope this feature is coming in the next update.

Occasionally, the LED does not turn off properly. I have the settings to where it should turn off as soon as I move the trackball or press a button on the keyboard, but this sometimes does not happen. Sometimes I have to open the message and close out of the messaging app, and once in a while this does not work either forcing me to pull the battery (very rarely does this happen, and may not be a fault of the app)....

Overall, I think it is worth every penny and could not imagine not having it on my BB. Though there are small quirks and missing features, they would not prevent me from purchasing this app again.
    I agree with everything here.

Fantastic app OP, yes, you should definitely buy it.
    However, I am glad I finally see someone else mentioning this...there is no backup/restore feature, so with every new OS you install...OH MY GOD is it annoying...

So, if you upgrade your OS even just a few times a year, this gets extremely irritating.
    03-08-10 10:57 AM
    I have it on Bold 9700, and it's so frequently a part of my BB experience, that I tend to forget it was a paid app--I tend to think of it as a base BB feature, until I see that my wife's phone doesn't have it.

No, you don't need it, and it probably could be a little cheaper. But for $5.99 or whatever the price is, it's tough to imagine an app more central to the BB experience, apart from something like QuickLaunch, maybe. Highly recommend it. Of course, you can at least get the free version, which allows you to set call and missed call color alerts, including the impossible-to-not-see "disco" mode.
    03-08-10 12:09 PM
    I think it should come pre installed on blackberrys or there already should be an option to change the color of the led.
    03-08-10 04:18 PM
    i like it, but only if they added more third party apps like twitter, ubertwitter, im+, beejive, etc....
    03-08-10 04:56 PM
    i have it love the app...the only thing that pisses me off is everytime u do an os upgrade u have to re do your options for berry buzz but the app its self is awesome
    03-08-10 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD