It is interesting that despite their cutting of support including activating paid for registrations, RIM continues to promote their apps on Appworld and even seems to be protecting them. See what happens if you try to submit feedback via appworld to warn potential buyers to stay away.
    09-13-12 08:33 PM
    Never had a problem with them, but then again I've never needed to use their CS. Their apps just work. I've successfully transferred BeWeather from my old 8900 all the way to my current 9900 without any issues.

I did pay for BeWeather though, and not receive a freebie just because I happened to live in North America. Such a shame that free trial period came to an end
    09-14-12 07:33 AM
    Well, I haven't felt the need to use bellshare's apps. I haven't had any issues either.

I use advanced OS and LED and also, weathereye. Both do what I expect and I have nothing more to say.
    09-15-12 02:31 PM
    Happy to see that I'm not alone in being treated badly. I downloaded Beweather for free during promo period on my 9810, but when I switched to 9900, the license key didnt work.

After repeated emails to them to correct the problem, I have had no response.

There's no excuse for the poor cs, and I wont be supporting any of their products.
    09-15-12 03:13 PM
    ***UPDATE*** Henrik from Bellshare read my post and sent me a PM apologizing for the difficulty reaching them, and offering to reset my registration key for me. He did it, and now my BeReader is as good as new. I am a happy customer again. Thanks Henrik! ***

Add me to the list of unhappy customers. I got onto this thread looking to see if there was a better way to get help from Bellshare. Apparently, there isn't. I have sent them three emails in two weeks, and the only response I have received is the autoreply to my opening a ticket. It doesn't matter how great your product is if you don't take care of your customers.

I finally bought BeReader last May when they dropped their price a bit. No way was I going to pay $10! It's not my favorite feed reader, I kind of like the format of the one from RIM better, but I wanted it because it syncs with Google Reader, and I don't have to filter through stuff I've already read when switching between devices. But, when I upgraded my 9810's operating system a few weeks ago, BeReader wouldn't take my registration code. I finally figured out that somehow they have my PlayBook(??) PIN associated with that one app. But, I cannot get anyone's attention at Bellshare to fix it for me.

Oh well. As consumers we vote with our wallets, and it sounds like people are starting to vote no on Bellshare. And, for nothing other than simple lack of care for their customers. How sad.
    Last edited by lklim; 10-06-12 at 11:42 PM.
    10-04-12 01:45 PM
    Blackberry App World should stop listing their apps. Or at least add a notice on the app page that this app will not be supported by the developer.
    10-04-12 02:30 PM
    Never had a problem with them, but then again I've never needed to use their CS. Their apps just work. I've successfully transferred BeWeather from my old 8900 all the way to my current 9900 without any issues.

I did pay for BeWeather though, and not receive a freebie just because I happened to live in North America. Such a shame that free trial period came to an end
    Woah now, RIM made an agreement with Bellshare to give away their app as a thank you to users. Now, I was one of the people who wasn't able to get a new code after an OS upgrade. Even though it was free, that wasn't MY fault that RIM and Bellshare didn't have their ish together. I get that you apparently think that because we live in a country where RIM offered this as a thanks (for buying their phone at a time when people weren't) that we dont have a right to complain when what was promised by RIM stops working, but it was and is poor customer service. I had deleted bellshare after that, though personally I think RIM was more responsible.

I'm sorry you didn't also get the freebie. If you had, and it stopped working due to an OS update and you had been treated like a second class user because RIM gave it to you for free? I'd be behind you and your right to be annoyed at the lack of CS.

I got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk
    10-05-12 12:49 AM
    Does anyone know what this error message means (with BeReader?):
    Failed downloading articles (HTTPresponse code:302class java.io.IOException)

I have always received this message, inspite of re-downloading the app. I have never been able to download my google reader articels. No response from their customer service for three weeks. My Blackberry model is 9320 and my OS Version 7.1

Thanks in advance for any help!
    04-01-13 12:13 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD