it seems that cant search any bellshare apps @mobihand & crackberry
    11-12-11 07:55 AM
    it seems that cant search any bellshare apps @mobihand & crackberry
    There seems to be a financial problem at Mobihand causing some developers to "pull" their apps off of the CB store. See this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/theme-d...ayment-668639/
    11-12-11 08:09 AM
    This is too bad, it was super easy to find all the apps on mobi hand.. Maybe Kevin (or the dev) could make a crackberry page with all the links to the app dev apps and such, thus making it easy for us to purchase and for you guys to make money and not use mobi hand

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-11 09:43 AM
    I don't understand how mobihand could be having financial difficulty. I can't imagine their costs are high (server space and customer/developer service) and they charge 30% per app sold, at least 20% of which they keep (I'm pretty sure that's what the numbers work out to).
    Seems like a business model that can't fail.

MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-13-11 12:39 AM
    I don't understand how mobihand could be having financial difficulty. I can't imagine their costs are high (server space and customer/developer service) and they charge 30% per app sold, at least 20% of which they keep (I'm pretty sure that's what the numbers work out to).
    Seems like a business model that can't fail.
    +1. I agree. How in the world are they losing money!
    However, they seem to blame RIM (and Google) by name for their predicament.
    With increased competition from very large, well-capitalized companies such as RIM and Google, in 2011 MobiHand has seen the need to invest heavily in developing new, differentiated services.
    MobiHand Evaluating Strategic Alternatives | The MobiHand App-tivity Blog
    I guess RIM isn't doing as bad as some would say then, huh?
    11-13-11 01:21 AM
    I don't understand how mobihand could be having financial difficulty. I can't imagine their costs are high (server space and customer/developer service)
    And I cannot imagine on what they have spent my royalties just for two or three months.

This is a huge sum of money.
    Last edited by adeveloper; 12-08-11 at 08:37 PM.
    11-13-11 03:35 AM
    A real pitty.

11-13-11 10:31 AM
    There has been some obvious malfeasance at MobiHand. Someone has been dipping the bread and soaking up the broth. Remember the old QuickBooks "workaround" when they first came on the scene? Millions of dollars stolen, and never recovered from hundreds of businesses.

Maybe not in their heyday, but MobiHand is an application purchasing Ponzi scheme at this point. They are robbing Peter to pay Paul. They will never get an influx of cash or a buy out with the bookkeeping records they can produce to any perspective investors. They also will never see the sales numbers they once enjoyed having the biggest names with the best applications pulling their products from them.

They are done for....
    11-13-11 01:36 PM
    Just now I got an email from emacberry saying they are no longer with Mobihand.
    11-13-11 06:28 PM
    Just now I got an email from emacberry saying they are no longer with Mobihand.
    Same here.
    Good Luck
    11-13-11 07:18 PM
    Legal action please...
    11-14-11 02:43 AM
    Wait.......will we still be able to re-download all the apps we have purchased over the years?
    11-14-11 04:29 PM
    Not sure what to make of this, especially when all the developers I have contact with say the opposite...
    From the MobiHand blog...

As the industry transitions from web stores accessed through browsers to more convenient stores offered by OS providers, device manufacturers and carriers, MobiHand has continued to constantly innovate.

For 7 years, MobiHand has paid many millions of dollars each year to software developers. With the goal of being the most service oriented, generous and ethical mobile app distributor (we are software developers too), MobiHand has until recent weeks paid every single developer on time (except extremely rare and promptly corrected errors).

In fact, right now around 98% of developer accounts are completely current and of the accounts that are not current only a small number are older than a few days.

MobiHand is committed to pay every single dollar owed to every single developer. Furthermore, MobiHand firmly believes that these payments will be completed and that MobiHand will become a more productive sales channel.

MobiHand management believes so strongly in the future that the team began months ago to invest their own salaries back into the business instead of raising outside financing for our new services. We are serious about this transition and many corporate partners also believe that significant sales growth is ahead. For example, there are new unannounced services currently in �beta� usage at Fortune 500 companies.

We ask developers to disregard sensational, derogatory, and destructive comments made by a few developers who are inventing or exaggerating information about our company. Without the developer community MobiHand could not exist. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve and we ask that you continue with us to provide great products and responsive customer service through the next few months and in the years ahead.

MobiHand Committed to Developer Success | The MobiHand App-tivity Blog
    11-14-11 07:03 PM
    Their CS has always been great for me. Easy to update and restore.
    11-14-11 08:02 PM
    In fact, right now around 98% of developer accounts are completely current and of the accounts that are not current only a small number are older than a few days.
    It is like a slap in the face. They owe me a big sum of money, cannot say when or whay they will pay and now they are talking about "98% of developer accounts are completely current"

MobiHand management believes so strongly in the future that the team began months ago to invest their own salaries back into the business instead of raising outside financing for our new services.
    They invest the developers royalites in whatever they do. But I did not allow them to take my royalties and spend them on new shops or on developments for "Fortune top 500"
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-14-11 08:25 PM
    Not good. Not good at all....

Here is a link to your numbers due to low post count...
    http://mobile-stream.com/temp/mobiha...ingbalance.jpg
    11-14-11 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD