A couple weeks ago I downloaded Bellshare's BeWeather app. Today i received some "spam" email from them on all my 3 email accounts. How is this possible? I only gave them 1 of my email accounts. Does this app have access to my contacts, ect?

lenn
    04-14-12 11:18 AM
    A couple weeks ago I downloaded Bellshare's BeWeather app. Today i received some "spam" email from them on all my 3 email accounts. How is this possible? I only gave them 1 of my email accounts. Does this app have access to my contacts, ect?

lenn
    Hi Lenn,

We only use the e-mail address you have entered for signing up for our newsletter on the first launch of the app (If you opted in of course).

We never use any of your e-mail addresses without permission and we do not access your contacts.

Use the unsubscribe link in the e-mail to stop e-mails from us to that address.
    04-14-12 02:12 PM
    I've only received one email from Bellshare since the initial authorization email to just the account I ordered with, I haven't gotten anything from them on the other account on my phone.
    04-14-12 10:41 PM
    I had the same experience Joledf. I only received an email to the account I used when I signed up, and not to the other email accounts on my BB.
    04-15-12 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD