In past versions of the app the new I'm alerts would sound regardless of whether I I had the convo open or not. With the latest version I've noticed that the alert only sounds of you not on the convo screen. If you have the convo open no sounds or even LED indicator go off. I noticed this back on the 8900 and thought it might've been the phone but its doing the same thing on my 9700. Went through the profile and all 3 entries for Beejive are set to play alerts so I dunno what's up. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 09:37 AM
    i'm having the same thing happen with beejive on my 8900 too. if you let it go into standby while on the conversation screen you should still get an alert. but if you have it open while talking with someone yeah, exactly like you were saying. kinda strange.
    02-22-10 10:22 AM
    Hmm its always been like that for me. Try going into the profiles and checking your settings for convos when idle and when open. They're two different things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 12:22 PM
    I've already done that. They are both set to sound an alert. Wonder if its an OS 5.0 thing, didnt have this problem on the 8320.
    02-22-10 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD