I downloaded NimBuzz, Palring and BeeJive.

I ended up deleting NimBuzz and am on the fence between Palringo and BeeJive.

Irregardless of the price, I am wondering, which seems to be more supported and as far as battery drain and data usage, which do you prefer.

I have noticed that BeeJive can run in the background and am just wondering, what is the actual data usage here? Palringo can't or doesn't so I am just wondering if I go with BeeJive and I going to see data usage go way up?
    02-05-10 09:26 AM
    As far as messages, they should both use about the same amount of data. The benefit of BeeJive will be that it wil go into push mode when in the background, using less data to update statuses and such. Palringo will continue to receive status updates, which won't use a lot of data, but it will probably drain the battery a little more.

The other benefit to BeeJive is that notifications will show up (on the icon and in the status bar). Palringo has a "beep" that it makes when a new message comes in, but no other notification, and no way to change the sound.
    02-05-10 10:10 AM
    I really enjoy beejive and have been dissapointed with palringo...having said that the only thing that ever dissapointed me about beejive is that I had it on another phone that was not a BB and was unable to transfer my license....not a big deal but dissapointing none the less

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 10:17 AM
    Yeah, Palringo just seemed like a crippled application, especially compared to BeeJive, which is really one of the best there is. I have never noticed any excessive battery consumption with BeeJive.
    02-05-10 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD