Hello

I Have over 300 contacts in my MSN messenger .. and I need a reliable application other than the native msn messenger for the blackberry

and since I came from Iphone 3g .. I picked beejive and purchased it and I was shocked ! the application was amazing on the iphone but its very buggy on the blackberry
    bugs:
    1: indicator moves up and down randomly !
    2: push notification not working ! I still get the messeges withint the application !
    3:Their support are lazy! I have contacted them alot and they keep ignoring me!
    4: if Im connecting to msn or any service and let it for about 8 hrs ( sleeping ) .. when I come back to it I receive error messages and I dont know why !
    It was fine before the recent OS update for bold 9700 vs.5.0.0.442 ! I think they should upgrade it

Now talking about IM+
    Its totally the opposite ... it was so bad on the iphone and its amazing on the blackberry ... it has all the features that beejive support and more! and the connection is very reliable unlike beejive

THE BEST feature I like about IM+ is when you enable the push IM notification .. you can reply to your msgs by an email ! with no need to open the application !
    Also it supports twitter which is not supported by beejive
    the main disadvantage of IM+ is the high price tag 39.5 $ unlike beejive 9.99 .. but it deserve it !

Services used: facebook chat , MSN Messenger , Gtalk , twitter
    Phone and OS : Bold 9700 5.0.0.442

hope you find that useful..
    03-01-10 01:44 AM
    Thanks. Agreed, BeeJive has many problems on BlackBerry, just look at their support forums. Worst of all, nobody at BeeJive seems to care.

I didn't try IM+, I think they are out of their minds trying to sell a messenger app for 40 bucks. But people still buy it, so who knows.
    03-01-10 07:45 AM
    im+ doesnt LOOK friendly to use when i tried it. it was so confusing i gave up in a day
    03-01-10 08:19 AM
    Thanks. Agreed, BeeJive has many problems on BlackBerry, just look at their support forums. Worst of all, nobody at BeeJive seems to care.

I didn't try IM+, I think they are out of their minds trying to sell a messenger app for 40 bucks. But people still buy it, so who knows.
    Yeah I was shocked also ! because the same application for the iphone is being sold for much less that 40 bucks! dunno why :\

im+ doesnt LOOK friendly to use when i tried it. it was so confusing i gave up in a day
    Agreed. 1 point goes for beejive for the friendly UI , but what would I do with a friendly UI with so much bugs and connection errors?
    03-01-10 10:17 AM
    Hi,

I'm a big user of IM and have AOL, Gchat, and MSN accounts. Beejive worked fine for me but the battery drain was intolerable.

I used the IM+ trial and liked it so much (especially the push functionality) that I shelled out the cash for it. I needed to find something because the AOL app is so dang buggy.

So for me, Beejive is def. cheaper, but I couldn't leave it on all day and use it because of the battery drain.

IM+ although pricer, hasn't failed me once. Even if there are system problems the messages do find its way to me (which is amazing).
    03-01-10 11:32 AM
    Beejive has done well for me when I had my 8900, but it doesn't seem to fair well on OS 5. Battery drain and slow messaging sending is a problem. The notifications also aren't good.

I'm reluctant to go to IM+ because of the UI. Does it support FB chat? I won't go to it if it doesn't support that. Does anyone know?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 12:12 PM
    Yup FB chat is supported.

Beejive has done well for me when I had my 8900, but it doesn't seem to fair well on OS 5. Battery drain and slow messaging sending is a problem. The notifications also aren't good.

I'm reluctant to go to IM+ because of the UI. Does it support FB chat? I won't go to it if it doesn't support that. Does anyone know?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 12:17 PM
    Yes it supports facebook chat .. it supports everything that beejive do with addition to twitter
    03-01-10 12:38 PM
    Check out the crackberry front page. There is a free IM+ lite version that has just been released!
    03-01-10 12:49 PM
    Check out the crackberry front page. There is a free IM+ lite version that has just been released!
    Except that it doesn't support push, which kinda defeats a large portion of the purpose...
    03-01-10 12:51 PM
    Is it me or is it that BOTH IM applications never displays who's on the MySpace chat?
    03-01-10 02:37 PM
    I had an iphone for the last 2 years and loved Beejive IM especially since the iphone was so locked down as far as keeping apps running. Now I own the 9700 and haven't found a reason for Beejive IM....yet.

Here is my question to any of you with longer BB experience. I've been using the free AIM and Gtalk for a month now and have had little issue with them. They seem to be working fine. So what advantages do Beejive or IM+ provide on a blackberry? I'm going to download the free trial and see, but I'm just curious about other's experiences...

Thanks!
    03-01-10 03:21 PM
    Hi there,

If you are able to use AIM and/or Gtalk with no issues, then I'd just stick to them. The individual apps don't seem to have any battery/memory drain issues that you potentially can get with Beejive and you don't have to shell out the $39.95 for IM+. Although as you have probably noticed you can get the IM+ lite for free now.

The reason I needed a all-in-one was because my AIM kept crapping out. Missed messages, etc.

Good luck!

I had an iphone for the last 2 years and loved Beejive IM especially since the iphone was so locked down as far as keeping apps running. Now I own the 9700 and haven't found a reason for Beejive IM....yet.

Here is my question to any of you with longer BB experience. I've been using the free AIM and Gtalk for a month now and have had little issue with them. They seem to be working fine. So what advantages do Beejive or IM+ provide on a blackberry? I'm going to download the free trial and see, but I'm just curious about other's experiences...

Thanks!
    03-01-10 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD