Has anyone figured out if the IM+ alerts are integrated with the Blackberry profiles the way BeeJive's are?
    05-11-09 01:05 PM
    How do you mean? Loud, Vibrate, and Quiet seem to apply although the specific settings are found within the app itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 02:02 PM
    Yea, thats what I had meant. So the specific sound is controlled by the app itself but when I put it in the holster for instance, will it vibrate once then sound since thats how I have the profile set?
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 07-20-09 at 07:31 PM.
    05-11-09 02:30 PM
    The trial was great ! 30 days is not bad but once it's finished.... 30 bucks for it is a bit expansive....
    05-11-09 04:27 PM
    The trial was great ! 30 days is not bad but once it's finished.... 30 bucks for it is a bit expansive....
    then just pay $20 for the device license and upgrade later if you really need a new BB

and to everyone saying its too expensive, yeah i know it is, i thought so too and still do. but i use five IM services all day long, so for me this was a necessity and $20 just meant no drinking that weekend...no big deal really
    05-11-09 04:38 PM
    Still would always opt for the free multi-chat clients. $20+ is just way too much for a single app.

I use Instango or WebMessenger.
    05-11-09 05:56 PM
    That's what it seems like.

Yea, thats what I had meant. So the specific sound is controled by the app itself but when I put it in the holster for instance, will it vibrate once then sound since thats how I have the profile set?
    05-11-09 06:24 PM
    Oh, I'm aware it could save space on a bunch of clients. I just asking about two...

Guess what I'm asking is how big is Beejive?
    beejive demo for my storm was a shy over 1 MB in size.

I am going to DL IM + and try that. I love Beejive. The UI is awesome. But i hate how badly it drains my battery. SOOOO Fast. I like the idea of push. Gonna have to try it. Anyone know when the low price runs out?
    05-11-09 06:59 PM
    I'm up in the air as well on this. I'm very on the fence about IM+. I tried the trials of both, and loved both. Each has its feature that I liked.

One I didn't like on IM+ though was the fact that my contacts didn't group like they would on AIM. Instead it was one BIG list. BeeJive didn't do this.

my battery drain wasn't an issue for me and I kept both programs running pretty much 24/7...average use, my phone still had a good amount of life left, compared to using Instango for example (that's a battery drainer).

If they price was May 10th of the price expiring, thats not the case.
    Its May 11th
    05-11-09 11:48 PM
    I've owned IM+ for over a year now, paid about $50 for it back in the day. I really like the functionality of it. IM Push is a nice feature, but in use is slower than I would like, and there is no way to start a new conversation when in that mode. They do seem to release new features often, but usually with insufficent testing in my opinion. I end up reporting back bugs every time they add something. Also when using the Facebook client it at first spammed my status, and now just blanks it out so I always show up on Face book as 'Steven Jones is.'
    However my main problem with IM+ is disconects, get them ALL the time. To this end I've been trialing BeeJive for the past week and so far it's been 100% reliable on this front, so I can well see me moving to the paid version of this and dumping IM+
    05-12-09 04:40 AM
    I tried both also im+ crashed on me once and has no blocking feature. I like beejive better had no problems with it

05-12-09 08:17 AM
    For me this s a simple solution. Beejive doesn't support Skype but IM+ does...IM+ all the way. Works great & is well worth the $.

05-16-09 12:35 AM
    IM+ will disconnect when u receive a phonecall, but reconnects immediately afterward. I figured this has something to do with BB software and not IM+

05-16-09 02:26 AM
    After using Beejive for a week and IM+ for a week i am sticking with, and purchased IM+. Just for the battery drain alone. Both have great UI. I really liked Beejive. But i couldn't stand that battery drain. My 2600 MAh battery barely lasted a day. With IM+ i see no noticeable drop in battery life. It's perfect for me.
    05-16-09 02:55 AM
    I'm testing both apps to see which one I want to purchse once my trial is up.

I like how IM+ shows a pop of new buddies as they log on, especially in Facebook. This may not be a feature with BeeJive. I was unable to find such a feature.

On the other hand, I like how BeeJive groups contacts with their accounts. When using IM+, I was unable to see contacts associated with their account. If I went to an account to view its contacts, all contacts from other accounts will be displayed as well.

Right now I'm leaning toward BeeJive, becuase it keeps the contacts associated with their accounts. The pop ups are nice with IM+, but I think I could live without that based on the issue of lumping all the contacts together.
    05-18-09 11:43 PM
    After reading this thread I switched to im+

I go between both. I bought both on sale so together they were the price of 1 of them

I love them both for different reasons.
    I love the ui on beejive though.

05-19-09 02:06 AM
    For me this s a simple solution. Beejive doesn't support Skype but IM+ does...IM+ all the way. Works great & is well worth the $.

Check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/skype-beta-app-230276/

Skype is coming to the BBs very soon and the client will be free and official, I dont know about you but I'd choose that any day over a costly 3rd party alternative

IM+ will disconnect when u receive a phonecall, but reconnects immediately afterward. I figured this has something to do with BB software and not IM+

BeeJive does this too (when the title bar is greyed out instead of blue, it means you are disconnected), actually this happens with all apps that use data.

This is because the BBs (with the 9000 being the exception..i think) are not capable of doing both data and voice at the same time. This is the reason you can't email or browse the web or use ggm while you're on a phone call. Its to be expected and has nothing to do with BeeJive
    05-19-09 06:55 AM
    I've been test driving clients for a few months now, and am leaning towards BeeJive.

BeeJive is stable despite being in beta for the Storm, and supports all the IM protocols any multi IM client should support. Battery life for me is a non issue, because BeeJive's battery drain is nothing compared to running all the individual clients at the same time. The main selling point to me though is the UI. BeeJive's UI is much better than other clients I have tested.

Perhaps I'm in the minority on this... however I think adding Skype and Twitter to an IM client is a mistake. It's just adding feature bloat to an app that should stick to its IMing roots. Furthermore, the limited incorporation of Twitter and Skype just doesn't do justice to those two services, as they can't provide the feature set they are capable of as compared to clients designed specifically towards their respective services (and Free at that). I almost feel the same about including Facebook chat capabilities.

But then like I said, maybe I'm in the minority on this. I prefer my Twitter and Skype on a separate client.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 05-19-09 at 02:39 PM.
    05-19-09 02:35 PM
    Kinda depends how much bloat it adds. If it's like 200k additional, yeah it should probably be separate.

If it's 20k-50k, not really much of a problem.
    05-19-09 02:37 PM
    I was going to mention that, thanks for getting to it, you said it better than I would have anyways

Yeah I firmly believe Skype and Twitter (it had twitter??!?) Is pushing it. Now they're just shoving features in there like there's no tomorrow without adequate full support for the services, and they're charging people ridiculously for it.

Just wait for the Skype client to come out or you'll be kicking yourself later...
    Plus BeeJive is REALLY coming along nicely on the storm. And FB chat works great btw

05-19-09 03:42 PM
    I'm delighted that IM+ now has Skype chat. Been waiting years for it! I have about equal number of contacts on ICQ, G-Talk and Skype, and it's great having them on one list, to copy and paste text between them, etc. Previously I had two messengers running. Also, I send photos and video clips from my 8900 to them every day. If the new app from Skype can send pics & video (& voice clips) as easily as the IM+ app, I would consider using it, but only if it actually better than the IM+ app. I have a feeling that it will be really nice; the Windows Mobile one is great, however it does not send pics etc. The IM Push feature in IM+ is pretty amazing also.
    05-19-09 06:24 PM
    Check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/skype-beta-app-230276/

Skype is coming to the BBs very soon and the client will be free and official, I dont know about you but I'd choose that any day over a costly 3rd party alternative

BeeJive does this too (when the title bar is greyed out instead of blue, it means you are disconnected), actually this happens with all apps that use data.

This is because the BBs (with the 9000 being the exception..i think) are not capable of doing both data and voice at the same time. This is the reason you can't email or browse the web or use ggm while you're on a phone call. Its to be expected and has nothing to do with BeeJive
    wow i did NOT know that beejive greys out when i am on the phone... are you sure? i thought you are still connected.. but i js went to the site and there it says! haha musta skipped it.

"When your device loses data coverage, whether it is because of network availability or an active voice call, BeejiveIM for BlackBerry will automatically reconnect to the BeejiveIM servers and subsequently connect to the IM servers."
    05-30-09 07:07 PM
    Oh yeah... was just reminded why I didn't get past IM+ testdrive...

You can't have 2 logins on the same service (unless I missed something really obvious). For example, I have two Yahoo logins, one for personal contacts and one for business contacts who also use Yahoo. Alas however, when trying to add a second login for yahoo, it only allows me to edit the existing login. Odd too, since their website claims this feature is available.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 06-05-09 at 04:41 AM.
    06-05-09 04:39 AM
    You missed, you can definitely have more than one login for the same service going concurrently.

06-05-09 05:51 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD