Is it really worth it to pay 20 dollars for it? I was wondering if there is another application like the same of beejive.
    05-15-09 11:18 AM
    Uh is beejive the all messengers in one app??? Cuz if so, **** that 20 bucks. Go get palringo. Its what I have. And you can even use facebook messenger on it! I love it. What I don't like tho is that you can't save conversations. Damn. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 11:31 AM
    Beejive is the best IM application. It is well worth the money.
    05-15-09 12:24 PM
    We use a corporate IM where I work and so ideally we don't want things in the middle of our internal traffic. Palringo looks like it is basically a proxy (never used it, so not entirely sure), meaning you have to have an account with them and the client you download is a client to their stuff, and not really an IM client by itself.

Not sure if that is important to you, but that looks like one major difference. Beejive works like Pidgin, in that you enter your account information on the device, and that is between your device and your server. It also supports encryption.

Of course, if all your traffic is to public IM services, that is probably less of a concern.
    05-15-09 12:29 PM
    BeeJive is much better than the free alternatives. I tried several and ended up sticking with BeeJive...My trial expired but at some point in the near future I will be paying for it. And it will probably be the only app I would ever even consider paying for. It's definitely worth it.
    05-16-09 12:40 PM
    I'm having this same issue..i got like 19 days left on my trial..not sure if i wana stick with beejive. I'm not gonna lie I am loving it right now though. My only issue is how much battery it drains.
    05-16-09 02:36 PM
    Honeslty, its a good app but the free ones work just fine too.

The best Ive found is Instango- its the most like the paid apps.

There's also Palringo as mentioned which is right up there too.

There are some other ones that are more basic like webmessenger and ebuddy.

But honeslty unless the aesthetics are that important, you can save yourself $20.
    05-16-09 03:28 PM
    Beejive is probably the best IM app out there currently. I think it's definitely worth the $20.
    05-16-09 03:31 PM
    Anyone els havin problems with instango? To me, it disconnects from the server a lot. I would send an IM but they won't receive it. It won't even reconnect untill I manually disconnect and reconnect

05-16-09 04:54 PM
    i am using beejive for 2 years now:

best interface and the must important connection!!!

all the free once i used were constantly disconnecting

beejive is a winner for me
    05-16-09 05:19 PM
    Haven't seen a real solid reason to fork over $20 versus the free apps out there.
    05-16-09 06:14 PM
    I prefer IM+ for the customizability of the UI. It also does everything I can think of too!

05-16-09 07:56 PM
    I love BeeJiveIM. I've been using it for 2 years now from the 8310 Curve to the 9000 Bold. It's the best IM app if you're using multiple IM services such as AOL, Yahoo, GTalk, etc. If you're just using one service, you can get away with using the free IM apps provided on the BlackBerry mobile page. If you plan to get BeeJiveIM, I would recommend getting the transferable license as it has saved me from having to re-buy the application after I had to swap my first Curve for warranty purposes and then when I upgraded to the Bold.
    05-17-09 06:46 AM
    IM+ is a great choice. Besides Facebook chat which is implemented in a full version, Skype and Twitter chat are supported in beta version of IM+.
    The most active beta-testers will be awarded with licences for IM+!
    More details here...
    05-18-09 04:51 AM
    IM+ looks interesting.. but damn... $39.95? thats ridiculous.

the 8900 comes with everything i need... AIM, Yahoo, Google Chat, ICQ, and Windows Live Messenger. i wouldnt want to dish out money to put it all into one app.
    05-18-09 05:42 AM
    what exactly does beejive do?
    is it compatible on the bb 8800>?
    05-18-09 12:03 PM
    beejive is AWFUL for battery life. i use the blackberry AIM and it lasts hours but beejive kills it so fast! eeeeeeeeek.
    05-18-09 03:01 PM
    All the 3rd party data chat apps murder the battery

05-18-09 03:04 PM
    WebMessenger, Instango & EQO are good ones to try.
    05-18-09 08:53 PM
    Love webmessenger due to it actually showing the transition from Enter to sent message...
    05-18-09 08:55 PM
    I've been using Beejive for a while now and love it. I'm using the beta which includes facebook chat. I love the polish of UI and how it also integrates into my message folders. That as well as the ability to customize the alerts. For me, it's well worth the money.
    05-18-09 10:15 PM
    Skype chat is now added with im+ 7.2..twitter is still only for the beta
    05-19-09 08:42 PM
    how do you get the new beejive beta??
    05-20-09 02:49 PM
    any 1 has a full Beejive Im liscence?? i am willing to purchase
    05-20-09 04:58 PM
    i use it enough that i bought the license where i can transfer it to diff devices when i switch phones.
    05-21-09 07:26 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD