I configure my BeBuzz and all works well for Reminder Alerts. However I have QuickPull installed and have a nightly battery pull. Then next day my Reminder Alerts do not work?? I don�t know if it is the battery pull or if I am not configuring correctly. The main reason I installed BeBuzz if for the reminder alerts (audio & vibe)
    12-03-09 10:31 AM
    First of all why are you doing a nightly battery pull??..the 9700 has much more memory than the original bold so you shouldnt even be doing one...its completely unneccesary in all honesty.

Id imagine that Quickpull is probably playing havoc with your bebuzz settings...because it looks like it all works but when you do your batt pull it no longer works.

I suggest you get rid of Quickpull and see if that solves the problem...if it doesnt then its a problem with your bebuzz settings...you are certain that in your profiles you are setting the led reminder to off??.

Mine works perfectly well and i dont use QP anymore as its no longer needed on the 9700.
    12-03-09 11:04 AM
    I had read not to do QuickPull so often on the 9700. However, it seems doing battery pulls seems to help keep a 3G signal. I have AT&T and at times have trouble keeping a 3G signal. I will turn off the nightly battery pull for now until I can be sure I have BeBuzz configured correctly.

I am a little confused when I go into edit profiles. I have some items repeated. There are the areas under messages, instant messages, and reminders. Then there is another section which list some of the items again although with berry buzz in parentheses. Then there is the Settings / options / berrybuzz config section. Which is where I assume all is to be configured. However I like an audible message reminder and under Settings / options / berrybuzz config section there are not settings for audio. So do I leave the audio on in the profiles section?
    12-03-09 11:14 AM
    It�s an OS problem. The OS does not retain these settings upon a battery pull/restart. Remember in the early builds of 5.0 that 3rd party apps could not access the sounds/profiles? Well they fixed it, and now they show. Except another bug was introduced, and that is that the settings are no longer retained. Not sure if it has been fixed in future builds, I�m still on at&t�s .296.

You shouldn�t need to do battery pulls that often though. With 38hours of uptime currently, and some pretty heavy use � music playing, browsing, beta testing of berryweather 2, browsing, tons of emails, lots of BBM and some SMS thrown in, twittering, facebooking�.I�ve dropped 1.2MB off where I started after a restart 38hours ago. In fact, at one point, I had slightly more memory than I did on the restart.

Memory management on this device is fantastic.
    12-03-09 11:17 AM
    Ok that makes sense so we have an os problem. It will be a pain to redo settings whenever there is a battery pull. For now I will stop all the battery pulls and will wait for the new build.
    12-03-09 11:23 AM
    So census concludes that this is not a "bug" per se, more of the OS not saving profile settings?
    12-14-09 11:32 AM
    So census concludes that this is not a "bug" per se, more of the OS not saving profile settings?
    I have been using the leaked .415 for the 9700 and have not had this issue. It has been resolved. And I've been doing a lot of restarting/battery pulls because I'm beta testing several applications that require restarts when updated. So it's a bug, but with the OS and not BerryBuzz. And I'm really glad too... I definitely missed the audible reminder alerts.
    12-14-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD