BeBuzz Core (BeBuzz on a diet) [Beta]
For our power users we are offering a special build of BeBuzz. It is called BeBuzz Core.
This version has been trimmed from all the unnecessary stuff power users don't need. This build can only be downloaded from our website.
BeBuzz Core is under 350kb in size (About 50% smaller than the standard BeBuzz version). Try it and let us know what you think.
What is different in BeBuzz Core?
- No startup logo
- No included MP3 ringtones (only uses ringtones installed in /SDCard/BlackBerry/ringtones/)
- No BBM referral program
- No AppWorld integration (i.e. leaving review)
- No support for sharing custom disco colors via Facebook/Twitter in OS 6.0 and lower
You can download BeBuzz Core from Bellshare - BerryBuzz
Version 5.0.91 - Sep 21st
- Fixed toast popups showing thick border
Version 5.0.84 - Aug 5th
- Another potential fix for Hookt 1.7 not stopping LED
Version 5.0.83 - Aug 3rd
- Potential fix for Hookt 1.7 not stopping LED
Version 5.0.82 - Aug 3rd
- Fixed BlackBerry Travel support
Version 5.0.81 - July 28th
- Fixed BBM power mode not always correctly saving
- Improved memory and CPU handling
Version 5.0.79 - July 25th
- Added auto activation. This will automatically activate app and retrieve license key after device wipe etc, if the PIN had already been activated before.
- Added simple license transfer. If license has been activated on another device, BeBuzz offers to transfer to this device and deactivate other device.
- Fixed TTS keys still working even when feature is disabled
Version 5.0.77 - July 23rd
- Added setting to switch off different feature subsystems (TTS, toasts, vibrate, reminders)
Version 5.0.76 - July 16th
- Added BBM power setting (full/energy save)
Last edited by pfluger; 09-21-12 at 03:08 AM.
- 07-13-12, 03:07 AM #2
Excellent! Hope ARM does not flag this edition...Will try and report back...
Nice...Starts right up when launched...Just as expected...Major points for that alone...
Last edited by adamlau; 07-13-12 at 03:15 AM.
- 07-13-12, 03:15 PM #6
Twelve hours and ARM has not yet closed BBC5. However, still notice intermittent CPU usage up to 3% under Application Management > CPU: Now. Unsure as to what feature of BBC5 is causing this as I have nearly every notable option disabled.
Continue the diet by removing text-to-speech (of which it is incorrectly headlined 'Text-to-Speach Settings' under Options > Text-to-Speech Settings). Remove 'Show Logo on Startup' option under General Settings. All in all, good to see this app heading in the right direction...
- 07-15-12, 02:17 AM #8
I've downgraded to bebuzz 4 because it seems lighter on resources than bebuzz 5; is this lighter than 4 on resources (I don't care so much about size)?
9650 processor was lame when it launched 2 years ago so I need to save power wherever I can
- 07-15-12, 04:21 PM #12
ARM closure of BBC5 confirmed this morning, first one in just over 33 hours. FYI, BB4 also displays constant CPU usage up to 3%, yet trips ARM more frequently (in my experience thus far) than BBC5. Disappointing, but holding out hope that such issues will be rectified sooner rather than later.
We have a new BeBuzz Core build online.
This adds a new power saver feature. You will find it in Settings > Advanced Settings (Core). Try switching to 'Energy Saver' and let me know if ARM still triggers a close for you.
- 07-16-12, 02:19 AM #14
Last edited by adamlau; 07-16-12 at 05:36 AM.
- 07-16-12, 12:48 PM #15
I'm afraid to switch from the 5.0.40 I presently have on my 9930 because it works perfectly. The upgrades to .60 & .65 caused Uncaught Exception errors, reboots, & constantly nagged me to connect to BBM. I was lucky enough to downgrade back to .40 before the link was removed from the Bellshare website. I figure if it's not broken, I'm not changing it but thanks anyway.
If you are seeing Application Resource Monitor flagging BeBuzz please make sure to post the corresponding event log entry with all details (Homescreen > Alt + L G L G). This would help us locate any excessive drain of resources.
- 07-27-12, 12:19 AM #22
OS 22.214.171.1249. ARM closed BBZ Core .79 today. BBZ Core CPU usage continues to ramp up to 3%. Why? Event Log shrunk out of OS, no logs available. 'Energy Save' setting for BBM Power Mode does not appear to persist once the option is saved. Will deinstall/reinstall to see if 'Energy Save' issue remains. UPDATE: Issue persists with 'Energy Save' not saving through a deinstall/reinstall.
Last edited by adamlau; 07-27-12 at 01:27 AM.