Ok I've searched for a similar problem on the boards but couldn't find anything like I'm experiencing.

Ever since I installed BeBerry today, my AutoDim feature is doing whatever it wants. I will be in a bright area and the screen will dim. When an alert is happening the screen pops back up to 100% brightness but dims back down the moment the led stops flashing. Just a minute ago I was sending a text and the keyboard lit up/shut of 6 times and the screen went hi/lo a few times. I have the newest version 3.0.59 (I dl this morning) and I'm running 5.0.0.438

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.
    04-26-10 05:49 PM
    Don't think it is BeBuzz, I had this issue before BeBuzz was installed. To me it is the phone operating system, you are just noticing it now...
    04-26-10 06:16 PM
    No offense, but I think I'd notice the keyboard lighting up and shutting off repeatedly while sitting on my couch texting
    04-26-10 06:23 PM
    That's an OS problem. BeBuzz doesn't even touch autodim...

Find out which OS update corrects the issue and upgrade to it.
    04-26-10 06:23 PM
    No offense, but I think I'd notice the keyboard lighting up and shutting off repeatedly while sitting on my couch texting
    None taken

Uninstall Bebuzz and you will see the issue is still there...
    04-26-10 06:27 PM
    Uninstalled BeBuzz. Problem solved. Somehow with BeBuzz running it brightens the screen to max untill the led notification turns off.
    So now it seems I have to choose between custom led's with the screen auto dim turned off, or just the boring red light
    Last edited by colemaneuclid; 04-26-10 at 07:16 PM.
    04-26-10 07:13 PM
    ? can use reset led app...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 07:15 PM
    Also, I set the Battery warning led to S.O.S. when below 30% just to see if the screen would react and it did. In between the flashes, the screen dimmed, when the led was lit the screen got bright.
    04-26-10 07:20 PM
    Also, I set the Battery warning led to S.O.S. when below 30% just to see if the screen would react and it did. In between the flashes, the screen dimmed, when the led was lit the screen got bright.
    That sounds like an issue with the phone triggering the light sensor from any led flash, not BeBuzz, which should not happen...
    04-26-10 07:24 PM
    Maybe I'll reinstall and not use the "bright" or "Disco" but then it kinda takes half the fun away from the app.
    04-26-10 08:34 PM
    Yeah it seems the "bright" LED's are triggering the light sensor.
    EDIT: seems all the options are affecting the backlight. I've emailed Bellshare. I hope I didn't waste $6 in purchasing this app
    Last edited by colemaneuclid; 04-26-10 at 09:23 PM.
    04-26-10 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD