A new build is online. See first post for change log.
    Awesome! Go get it folks

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk 2
    12-02-12 08:44 AM
    H...
    There have been several BerryWeather alerts last evening for "Fog Advisories" but I did not receive any pop ups for them at all.
    The vibration/audible/LED alert seemed to work just fine though.
    Although things seemed to be still working, I thought is may have been due to the application expiration yesterday.

However, after downloading the .19 build this morning, I am still not getting pop ups for BerryWeather alerts.

Can you look into this please?
    Thank You.
    12-02-12 09:04 AM
    Latest build .19 triggered ARM and shut down the app. This did not happen on the other builds. Also not getting the berryweather pop up with a fog alert.
    Other wise a great app.
    12-02-12 08:21 PM
    Trying out the latest build now.

I don't know if there are any others with OS 5.O that are having the same issues with toasts and popups that I am?

As before, toasts and popups are working for contacts and emails, but not for any other apps.
    12-03-12 12:16 AM
    Ha I was just getting ready to post that mine expired. I already downloaded my license version lol looks like I'll be deleting it now.
    12-03-12 12:19 AM
    Ha I was just getting ready to post that mine expired. I already downloaded my license version lol looks like I'll be deleting it now.
    I would recommend just downloading the beta and overwriting the official version.
    It may not happen to you, but there is a bug in the BBOS where the previously set-up profiles can be deleted by deleting the previously loaded application first.
    Which then forces you to set-up everything again.
    It's better to just overwrite so your settings are kept in tact.
    I hope this does/did not happen to you.
    Your backup will work, but I highly recommend to simply install over anytime you up- or downgrade BeBuzz. Settings will be retained and your BlackBerry sound profile settings won't get reset (a bug in the BB OS).
    12-03-12 08:08 AM
    H...
    I found a bug, but it may be hard to pinpoint due to me running 2 separate beta applications simultaneously and things are always changing.
    I am running the BetaZone BBM7 v.108 and the current BerryBuzz v.19.
    I have found that if I turn off notifications for some of my groups that I still receive the real time audible voice alert and subsequent reminders as well.
    I do not receive any vibration/audible ringtone/LED but the real time audible voice alert does not respect the settings in BBM7.
    I will continue to hear the real time playback initially and every 2 minutes thereafter unless I open the group.

Again, this is just for the real time voice playback. Not for anything else.
    Not sure what can be done with this, as both apps are in a beta state of flux currently. Things always change.

Thanks for listening...
    12-03-12 08:19 AM
    I'm encountering a bug that freezes up the OS, forcing me to hard reset every time I choose to open an email in the messages app. All the other functions such as reply, delete, or mark as read work fine. It's only when I want to open the email in the messaging app that stuff goes down hill.

Anyway hope you find the issue and a fix.
    12-04-12 05:45 AM
    @pfluger can you please add a very needed feature. Can you add the feature to the mute schedule to also follow bed side mode? I plug my device in every night and use it as my alarm clock. So essentially you could add a check box to mute BeBuzz when in bedside mode. This way if I sleep in I am not woken up by bebuzz going off like an alarm every morning at 8am. I like this feature a lot better then adding my own schedule.. just turn off when in bedside mode and turn back on when i go out of bedside mode.
    12-04-12 09:38 AM
    @pfluger can you please add a very needed feature. Can you add the feature to the mute schedule to also follow bed side mode? I plug my device in every night and use it as my alarm clock. So essentially you could add a check box to mute BeBuzz when in bedside mode. This way if I sleep in I am not woken up by bebuzz going off like an alarm every morning at 8am. I like this feature a lot better then adding my own schedule.. just turn off when in bedside mode and turn back on when i go out of bedside mode.
    +1
    I think, in the BeBuzz 5, it was possible to mute led notification in any app. I added "clock" to the list of apps, in which bebuzz will remain muted. same with bepopup.
    12-04-12 11:21 AM
    Whatever happened concerning the bugs reported concerning 1) memory leak (the solution was to offer only the core version); 2) the random duplication and reordering of rules following a reboot; and 3) the inability to delete rules? None of these appear to have been addressed in the recent changelogs.
    12-07-12 07:23 AM
    So correction with my previous post, the freeze up happens when I choose the "Open in Inbox" option from the email popup.

I'd love to test out the popups and toasts for other apps, but they're just not working.
    12-07-12 02:06 PM
    A new build is online. See first post for change log.

We have taken a lot of time to thouroughly analyze and optimize BeBuzz's memory usage. You will see the memory use as reported by the OS to go up every now and then, especially when messages or notifications come in. This is normal and expected, as long as the memory usage will drop down later (usually within minutes) back to approx 300KB to 600KB.

This is how the OS works, BeBuzz extends its working set memory footprint while processing messages and marks everything not needed as free as soon as it is done with it. The OS will keep showing this memory as used until after some time the system's so-called garbage collection kicks in to reclaim all that memory.
    12-12-12 04:07 AM
    If email which rule has "mark message open" received will stop all LEDs flashing before.
    Still NOT fixed.
    Last edited by art58; 12-12-12 at 05:54 AM.
    12-12-12 05:42 AM
    any idea when the official paid version will be released?
    say 16th Dec?
    12-12-12 09:42 AM
    The last two betas had my phone slowing down quite a bit. I constantly got the hourglass when unlocking my device. I've gone back to the core version in the meantime.

Using a 9780 on OS6.0.0.723.
    12-12-12 11:13 PM
    The last two betas had my phone slowing down quite a bit. I constantly got the hourglass when unlocking my device. I've gone back to the core version in the meantime.

Using a 9780 on OS6.0.0.723.
    Same here. I'm getting hour glasses Like never before.
    12-13-12 12:01 AM
    Same here, I don't think I've ever seen this many hour glasses.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    12-13-12 12:10 AM
    I've come across a bug where sometimes the LED keeps on flashing when I receive an email, even though I've seen it in my inbox. It'll only stop flashing if I actually open the mail. Since this is not what BeBuzz normally does I'll say it's a bug.

Apart from that it's working great, really appreciate the extended beta to give more time to resolve issues.
    12-13-12 08:37 AM
    Apart from that it's working great, really appreciate the extended beta to give more time to resolve issues.
    The beta has not been extended for me. It still shows that it expires in 2 days on the 15th just as it did in the previous iteration.

H,
    I appreciate you working so hard on the memory footprint; however, there are already some outstanding issues reported here that have not yet been resolved.
    BerryWeather pop ups have ceased to work. I continue to receive phantom voice reminders for BBM. I am now experiencing that when 2 different alerts come in at the same time, they both seem to use the same alert tone, even when they are different. I've also mentioned this from way back in the Bellshare forum days, but when I engaged in an activity in another application, and I receive a pop up, when trying to silence the audible alert by pressing the end key, it silences the alert as it should, but it closes out the application I was working with and sends it to the back round all from behind the pop up. There are other issues that I and other members have mentioned here, but none of them has been resolved for me. In fact I have less functionality than when I had all of the separate applications installed. I am trying my best to maintain this version for the sake of testing and assisting in making it better, but it is becoming difficult at best.

Also, I am now experiencing heavy slow downs and clocking as mentioned previously. Can these issues reported here be addressed, please?
    12-13-12 10:42 AM
    The beta has not been extended for me. It still shows that it expires in 2 days on the 15th just as it did in the previous iteration.
    I believe the original beta end was Nov 30th and it was extended to Dec 15th. So, makes sense right now that it shows that for you.

Like many here, the last update gives me the spinning clock every time I get a notification. Very frustrating when I want to open my email immediately. I used to have issues to pop-ups and although that seems to be resolved for me, there is one contact account that still won't pop-up for me. It's even the one I really want to have the pop-up for.
    12-14-12 08:43 AM
    I believe the original beta end was Nov 30th and it was extended to Dec 15th. So, makes sense right now that it shows that for you.
    Exactly! That was what I was attempting to point out to the member I quoted.
    The beta has not been extended beyond Dec 15th with this v6.0.24 update.
    I didn't understand how this member could see an extension with this update when the rest of us do not.
    Unless, he was still on v6.0.18 prior to the extension granted on v6.0.19.
    In which case he could not have been testing properly for at least 2 weeks as that beta was expired.
    See what I mean?
    Version 6.0.24 - 12 December 05:00 EST
    - Back to regular version
    - Overall improved memory working set use especially during idle
    - Potential fix for contact/rule items reappearing after being deleted
    - BeBuzz will now remember which tab was open last and reopen it on start
    - When closing 'Ask for review screen' BeBuzz displays option to remove the message from inbox
    - Removed twitter/facebook support (for app and LED sharing)
    - Removed log screen (Alt + L O G)

Version 6.0.19 - 2 December 07:00 EST
    - Extended beta version until Dec 15th
    - Fixed popups not showing for per contact/rule text messages

Version 6.0.18 - 26 November 22:30 EST
    - Improved clearing of LED/notifications after key activity when unlocking device or backlight turns on
    - Improved clearing of LED/notification for missed calls
    - Improved clearing of LED/notification for Hookt
    - Fixed toast/popup/e-mail not working correctly for contacts/rules
    HTH
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 12-14-12 at 03:48 PM. Reason: spell check
    12-14-12 03:36 PM
    Another weekend and another expired beta LOL

Edit - well, this time around it's pretty well disabled after expiration. Oh well, back to v5 until this gets extended again...
    Last edited by hytran; 12-15-12 at 09:18 PM.
    12-15-12 12:52 PM
    New version with extended expiration is coming shortly.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    12-16-12 12:04 AM
    Glad to hear it. Thanks for all the hard work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    12-16-12 01:01 AM
266 ... 56789 ...