We have just release our latest BeBuzz 5.

We have done some extensive beta testing on this version but as with any x.0 release this will have some bugs in it.

If you encounter any bugs or want to leave feedback about BeBuzz 5 please do so here. New versions that address reported bugs usually follow within a couple of days. I will post the links here.
    12-15-11 10:58 AM
    I don't know how to set a color for bbm contact.. I try to enter one of my friend name, bbm pin on search box, and there is nothing happened.. Search result is empty.. Can anyone explain to me how to set a color for bbm contact??
    12-15-11 11:07 AM
    Feedback? Sure. Merely adding BBM alerts doesn't justify a paid upgrade! This should be a point update. I own 5 copies and thankfully won't be upgrading any of them. It's greedy developers, appworld pitfalls and lack of curtomer support that ultimately drove me away so you can thank RIM for the lost revenue. The other platforms are far more customer centric. Good luck though.
    12-15-11 11:10 AM
    I don't know how to set a color for bbm contact.. I try to enter one of my friend name, bbm pin on search box, and there is nothing happened.. Search result is empty.. Can anyone explain to me how to set a color for bbm contact??
    On the contacts tab in BeBuzz select 'Add Contact', then select 'BlackBerry Messenger' as the contact type.
    12-15-11 11:18 AM
    We have just release our latest BeBuzz 5.

We have done some extensive beta testing on this version but as with any x.0 release this will have some bugs in it.

If you encounter any bugs or want to leave feedback about BeBuzz 5 please do so here. New versions that address reported bugs usually follow within a couple of days. I will post the links here.
    Is there a change log for this update from 4.0? This would help users make the decison to upgrade or not.
    andyahs likes this.
    12-15-11 11:20 AM
    Feedback? Sure. Merely adding BBM alerts doesn't justify a paid upgrade! This should be a point update. I own 5 copies and thankfully won't be upgrading any of them. It's greedy developers, appworld pitfalls and lack of curtomer support that ultimately drove me away so you can thank RIM for the lost revenue. The other platforms are far more customer centric. Good luck though.
    Mmmm.. Seems that everybody's angry because of paying-for-upgrade-thing.. Hopefully the developer can answer my question asap or I'll get mad too.. *crossingmyfingers*
    12-15-11 11:23 AM
    Mmmm.. Seems that everybody's angry because of paying-for-upgrade-thing.. Hopefully the developer can answer my question asap or I'll get mad too.. *crossingmyfingers*
    He already answered you in post # 4.
    andyahs likes this.
    12-15-11 11:25 AM
    I was about to post that..........
    12-15-11 11:30 AM
    BBM contact colour doesn't work for me, I have the default colour set to Green (for all BBMs), one contact I set to Purple and when I receive a BBM from them it just defaults to the standard red everytime. This is with a Bold 9900 running 7.0.0.296.
    12-15-11 11:30 AM
    On the contacts tab in BeBuzz select 'Add Contact', then select 'BlackBerry Messenger' as the contact type.
    I did it, then what should I do? After selecting blackberry messenger as contact type then what to do? All I see is "select bbm contact and search bbm contact box". I wrote name/pin.. And nothing happened.. The search result box is empty.. I press menu button, and there is no option to help me solving this problem.. *bigsigh*

Could you please tell me step by step what to do?
    12-15-11 11:31 AM
    But still does not help me..
    12-15-11 11:33 AM
    I gotta agree that this isn't much of an upgrade to charge for, especially considering they charged for the 4.0 upgrade not all that long ago. I'll probably end up getting it but getting annoyed at having to pay for incremental updates all the time.

And now I realize that since I had previously bought BeBuzz from Mobihand (or Ponzihand as CheetahAce appropriately calls it), I have to pay even more. This is a bunch of crap to be honest with you. I feel bad that devs lost out due to Ponzihand's incompetence and would be fine helping by continuing to buy and support their apps in AppWorld, but this just feels like a fleecing to be honest.
    12-15-11 11:57 AM
    BBM contact colour doesn't work for me, I have the default colour set to Green (for all BBMs), one contact I set to Purple and when I receive a BBM from them it just defaults to the standard red everytime. This is with a Bold 9900 running 7.0.0.296.
    Did you get a setup wizard (setting up BBM, basic/expert mode etc) when your first launched BeBuzz 5?
    12-15-11 12:09 PM
    I've noticed too, I added a few people to have custom BBM colours and now they just show up as red? Weird. I wonder what will happen to the people I didn't add a custom colour for, will they still show up green for me? Which is my standard bbm colour.
    12-15-11 12:10 PM
    Bleh...just bought mine about a month ago. Don't think I'll be upgrading since the new features don't add any value for me.
    12-15-11 12:17 PM
    Myself and another employee both just upgraded to BeBuzz 5 on our Bold 9900's and BBM no longer give us any notification via LED. I have mine set to Disco Purple,but have changed to various settings and now I never get any LED lighting up. My friend's is doing the same thing. Please help!! This is one of my favorite BlackBerry apps, but really need an LED flashing when I get a BBM.
    12-15-11 12:18 PM
    Did you get a setup wizard (setting up BBM, basic/expert mode etc) when your first launched BeBuzz 5?
    No, when I opened after upgrading, it connected to verify then exited to apply changes. Upon re-opening, all previous LED set-ups where in place as before just with the new UI. No set-up wizard anywhere. I have tried resetting the colour for the BBM contact, but it still defaults to red when I get a message.
    12-15-11 12:27 PM
    Please tell how to set color for bbm contact individually..
    12-15-11 12:36 PM
    to set individually you do it just like a normal contact. contact tab > bbm contact
    12-15-11 12:37 PM
    No, when I opened after upgrading, it connected to verify then exited to apply changes. Upon re-opening, all previous LED set-ups where in place as before just with the new UI. No set-up wizard anywhere. I have tried resetting the colour for the BBM contact, but it still defaults to red when I get a message.
    If it did not went through the setup wizard BBM support hasn't been initialized correctly. There have been multiple reports of this happening. We will post a bug fix version shortly.

When you say "it connected to verify" what do you mean? Entering license key?
    12-15-11 12:40 PM
    Kiki.handayani it's as kcpaynev1 says, when you do that you ahouldnt have to type any names or PINs, a list of your BBM contacts should appear and you pick one, that's what happened for me.

Just to go back to the problem I mentioned, I just tried it with the option 'suppress default red led' set to 'yes'... and it still flashed red instead of the selected colour!

EDIT - yeah it connected to verify the license key then said 'exiting to apply changes' or something similar, then closed.
    12-15-11 12:43 PM
    Kiki.handayani it's as kcpaynev1 says, when you do that you ahouldnt have to type any names or PINs, a list of your BBM contacts should appear and you pick one, that's what happened for me.

Just to go back to the problem I mentioned, I just tried it with the option 'suppress default red led' set to 'yes'... and it still flashed red instead of the selected colour!

EDIT - yeah it connected to verify the license key then said 'exiting to apply changes' or something similar, then closed.
    There is no list of names show up, that's why I typed a name/pin on search box.. . I did wizard thing as well, still no list of names.. *hopeless*
    12-15-11 12:55 PM
    I never saw the wizard either, so I uninstalled the app, rebooted the phone, then installed clean. This time the wizard ran, completed the BBM activation, but alas, still doesn't flash the LED on a new BBM message. Anxiously waiting for the bug fix for this.
    12-15-11 01:09 PM
    We have released a hotfix for the setup wizard/BBM not initialized issue.

Please install BeBuzz 5.0.12 over your existing installation from www.bellshare.com • View topic - Hotfix: BeBuzz 5 no Setup Wizard/BBM not working
    12-15-11 01:11 PM
    Well, I just installed 5.0.12, ran the wizard and it worked for the 1st BBM I received, then nothing after that. What can I try next to help troubleshoot this issue?
    12-15-11 01:21 PM
319 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD