Hey guys, I saw on the cb website today that app bchat and I thought it was cool so I bought it and installed it. But its not workin. I deleted it then reinstalled it and nothin. And I pull the battery a bunch of stuff in between.

Anyone uses this and how can I get it to work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 07:34 PM
    I take it you have 4.5? I don't know why it would be doing that. Did you use the OTA Link?

08-19-09 08:02 PM
    You could always go to the third party application section & look for the bchat thread that wfubball started a couple of days ago & ask for help.
    wfubball has been very responsive in helping people & is trying to get all the glitches worked out. Give it a try & he will help you.

08-20-09 01:32 AM
    sounds like you need a OS update, what Os are you running?
    08-20-09 01:33 AM
    Lestah, how is not working? Give us some more symptoms to trouble shoot instead of just saying it sucks.
    08-20-09 09:53 AM
    If u go to options....security.....firewall...click enabled. Thn check off sms and save. This will stop sms showing in blackberry but works fine in bchat.
    Go to options in bchat...shutdown to reset icons. just once fixes it. My icons work just fine

Pros
    Threads sms nicely
    Built in with banner icon
    Home icon has asterisk
    Keeps a nice list of frequent txters
    Sound alert profile

Cons
    Ugly....ahem...bare bones simple
    No timestamping
    Not many settings
    No autotext, not huge

Overall I thinks its well worth a buck if u text frequently

08-20-09 10:11 PM
    I can't get it to work either on my Tour. If I block sms in the firewall, I get no texts whatsoever. If I leave it unblocked, replies only show up in the native sms application and not in bchat. I've done numerous battery pulls to no avail.

08-20-09 10:17 PM
    Acwyau -----> that's the exact thing happenin with me. I can send msgs from bchat and they show but when I receive texts I only receive in the native texts and not bchat. If I block em wit firewall then I get none at all. 8330/4.5.0.131 is my version.

08-20-09 10:34 PM
    hey guys, acwyau and lestah if you would send me an email at [email protected] it will be easier for me to help you and have a log of your problems. Im going to work now for a little bit so you wont have an immediate response but you will by late this afternoon
    08-21-09 08:25 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I've seen a few threads with posts about this problem, but no solution.
    I'll send an email, wfubball. I noticed the last response on this thread was a couple of months ago, so hopefully, there's a solution by now.
    Thanks!

**UPDATE**
    Disregard the message above! I actually read something in another thread about how the app was actually downloaded, so it gave me an idea. I had originally downloaded the app OTA through the email I was sent from mobihand, but I decided to try having the download link sent to my phone through an SMS text. I followed that link, re-downloaded the app OTA, rebooted (as prompted by the phone), and voila...everything is working fine!
    Great app, wfubball!
    Last edited by ebeauch123; 10-07-09 at 12:06 AM.
    10-06-09 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD