i had weather bug for 2 months..then i deleted it and installed the free bbweather..i kinda like both..but i heard theres a new layout ui for weatherbug....can nebody vouch for which is the better free app?id appreciate your input
    03-13-10 04:30 PM
    Sweet 54 views and not 1 reply,thanx
    03-13-10 11:18 PM
    I just got rid of weatherbug and got beweather free. So far I like bewether better, especially the icon, it looks better in the weatherslot for the theme I'm using.

I know you asked about bbweather free but I never used that one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by berryjunky; 03-13-10 at 11:24 PM.
    03-13-10 11:21 PM
    I've only ever used bbweather, but I really love it and see no need to try others out. Although today it wouldn't connect or update at all so I may try out beweather. I just never see and point in paying for something when I can get something pretty much the same for free.

03-14-10 01:24 AM
    i used to use weatherbug but it was draining my battery and memory so i switched to weathereye. unfortunately it doesnt have hourly forecasts in the US. before using both i used bbweather exclusively since i had my pearl a few years ago. the only bad thing with it is that the icons are pretty ugly compared to weatherbug and weathereye.
    03-14-10 06:47 AM
    I've only ever used bbweather, but I really love it and see no need to try others out. Although today it wouldn't connect or update at all so I may try out beweather. I just never see and point in paying for something when I can get something pretty much the same for free.

There is a free version of beweather in the app world if y�u don't want to pay for it. That's what I did, I didn't want to pay $10 for an app that does almost the same thing as other free weather apps. The free version does enough for me.

03-14-10 08:53 AM
    I just use the links off the internet for weather underground its m.wund.com and for mobile weatherbug its weatherbug.com/mobile and that works for me no app needed .(I did not post the links just underlined what appears when you google "mobile weatherbug" and "mobile weather underground".I signed up for free text alerts from my local mobile weather station for severe weather this way its all free ,no memory leaks, no extra memory used and best of all no app errors.
    These work fine spookyBooberry and I've used these web sites extensively in the past with my Palm devices.

However, because of the limitations of the current stock OS (.320) on the Storm2 9550, the anitmated radar will not "animate". So I'm using the paid version of Weather Berry which displays animated weather just fine.

Good Luck
    03-14-10 09:56 AM
    I use WeatherBug and it seems to work fine for me. I haven't tried bbweather, but most of the time I am just interested in the current temperature and forecast, which WeatherBug gives me.
    03-14-10 01:54 PM
    I've used weatherbug for months and have been really happy. On Friday I got a notification for a update to 1.1.0.139. I updated, looks better the before. Only thing is radar map won't load. Anyone else having this issue? Any fixes?
    03-14-10 04:24 PM
    Weatherbug gets the job done for me on my storm. The version Im using is 1.1.0.145 and I dont have any issues viewing the radar map.
    03-15-10 09:56 AM
    I love WeatherBug. Used BeWeather for a while, but when it started having update issues (which I hear are now fixed), I switched to WeatherBug. I prefer using WeatherBug, though BeWeather has a good looking UI.
    03-15-10 11:05 AM
    i switched to the free weather channel app. have used both the others and have found the weather channel much better. too, version 1.5 came out recently! nice update!
    03-15-10 03:48 PM
    i had weather bug for 2 months..then i deleted it and installed the free bbweather..i kinda like both..but i heard theres a new layout ui for weatherbug....can nebody vouch for which is the better free app?id appreciate your input
    Free WB UI has been upgraded ,Look & performance is greatly improved.
    GPS locs fast , No memory leak or battery drain.
    03-15-10 04:01 PM
    I had BeWeather Light (free version) and no matter what I'd do, it wouldn't automatically update, even though I saved the settings at "Update Every hour". That's annoying.

Then I donwloaded WeatherBug Direct and though it tells the temp on the icon on the Home Screen, when I click on it, it goes to the mobile website. If I wanted to always go to a mobile weather website, I'd just do that. Don't need an app for that!

But I'm STILL looking for a great weather app with that thermometer on the top part of the Home Screen. Which one is it??
    03-15-10 05:51 PM
    thanks for all your replies..im not a huge weather buff..just wanted the temp on my home screen..i guess ill just leave the beweather on for now.
    03-15-10 05:55 PM
    Update to my radar post.

The radar works when I'm not on WiFi/UMA, works fine on EDGE (Tmobile user). Really strange, does anyone know if there is a setting for radar to work over WiFi/UMA?
    03-16-10 05:36 PM
    I had weatherbug and then tried the free version of beweather for a week and I liked the UI but for some reason I always got lag when I was sending text / mail. So I went back to weatherbug.
    03-16-10 05:52 PM
    a bit OT but how do you get weatherbug to leave the weather icon on the home screen?
    03-19-10 05:19 PM
    Does anyone have an OTA link (other than the app world link) or zip file for BBWeather?
    03-19-10 10:00 PM

But I'm STILL looking for a great weather app with that thermometer on the top part of the Home Screen. Which one is it??
    you ever figure out which weather app did this? I'm trying to find that one too. Cant get any answers either.
    03-19-10 10:16 PM
    you ever figure out which weather app did this? I'm trying to find that one too. Cant get any answers either.
    The pay version of BeWeather (BerryWeather) has this option. It isn't on by default, but can be turned on in the menu options. Not sure about the free one... I'll check and get back to you in a few minutes

Edit: The Free version does not have this feature, so you'd have to buy the app to get that thermometer.
    Last edited by CharredPC; 03-19-10 at 10:32 PM.
    03-19-10 10:27 PM
    tks so much for the info.
    03-20-10 10:32 AM
    Be(rry)Weather + Push = Orgasmic (if it happens)
    03-20-10 11:15 AM
    I have WeatherBug. I had BeWeather Free but didn't like the lack of features--I wanted hourly forecasts, which WeatherBug has. I don't believe in paying for a weather app, so WB was the answer for me...
    03-20-10 07:56 PM
    I actually have both. And TWC and BBWeather. I get different info from each and sometimes when one doesn't update the others will.
    03-20-10 09:12 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD