Yeah, I think that's right.
    Btw, a little icon in one of the upper corners showing a general direction (n, nw, ne, s, etc) would be a cool addition.
    And yeah, 15 is pretty fast on a longboard. That's how I, shall we say, roll

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 08:59 AM
    Yeah, I think that's right.
    Btw, a little icon in one of the upper corners showing a general direction (n, nw, ne, s, etc) would be a cool addition.
    And yeah, 15 is pretty fast on a longboard. That's how I, shall we say, roll

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    very modes mr pretty fast. yea i had a bit of a problem trying to get the n/s/e/w thing working properly, thats why the map doesnt follow your direction, it always stays north. it was working ok on my bold but on the storm or the (not sure what the other one is, 89someting) it wouldnt work at all, i'll figure it out eventually tho
    07-19-10 09:07 AM
    very modest i meant to say
    07-19-10 09:08 AM
    would i be right in saying john was the only paying customer, and that the other 2 just got in early and got the freebie from beta testing? if so john wins by default, if not send me the email you used to order. everybodys a winner today
    Thanks Mike!

Funny story goes along with this. I noticed your post here about BBSpeedOmeter. I clicked on the first link that was the Crackberry store and purchased it. Something like 45 minutes and still no download link from the CB store. So, I headed on over to Mobihand and got it there where I knew I would get the link immediatly. I got it twice.
    07-20-10 06:32 AM
    Got my handelbar mount today. Kool, it is a universal mount head. I can also put my TomTom on it. I'll get some pics if it stops raining today.
    07-20-10 06:54 AM
    Thanks Mike!

Funny story goes along with this. I noticed your post here about BBSpeedOmeter. I clicked on the first link that was the Crackberry store and purchased it. Something like 45 minutes and still no download link from the CB store. So, I headed on over to Mobihand and got it there where I knew I would get the link immediatly. I got it twice.
    I noticed that when i was going thru the orders, i've put both of them back to you anyway.
    07-20-10 07:56 AM
    Yo Mark,

What is TAsc on the bottom right of the screen? Mine is always 0.
    07-22-10 03:55 PM
    Yo Mark,

What is TAsc on the bottom right of the screen? Mine is always 0.
    John that means you need to do more hill training!! do the ele and mele and grad ones work for you?

if these are working then you must be just on the flat. TAsc is total ascent in meters or feet depending on your settings.

it doesnt count every meter change tho, you have to be on some sort of a hill for it to count

the way it should work (not 100% sure on the number, id have to check them)

theres a counter that keeps track of the elevation change. once this hits +35 meters the 35 gets added to the TAsc (i.e hill must be higher than 35 meters, which isnt too big of a hill really, less than half a mile of a hill should get it)

once you hit the 35 meters the counter gets activated every 5 meters, so every 5 meters climbed gets added to the TAsc (so it might miss the last 4 meters of a climb, but having this counter at 5 and not 1 makes it alot more accurate overall)

also a mile/elevation marker gets activated after the first 35 meters, this is used to check if the next mile has an average gradient of greater than 1%, if not then the counters get reset and bbspeedometer doesnt count it as climbing after this so you have to do another 35 meters before the TAsc gets updated again

aswell as this when you start to decend once you've come down 25 meters it should reset the counters too.

again not really sure on the exact numbers but this is more or less how it should work.
    07-23-10 03:07 AM
    if lance had bbspeedometer yesterday he would have clocked up about 4500 meters TAsc i think
    07-23-10 03:49 AM
    that should have said 2500
    07-23-10 03:51 AM
    hmmmmm i just mapmyride.com'd it i was closer the first time, they say its 3983 meters but they always get it wrong
    07-23-10 03:55 AM
    Hi Mark,

Flat for the most part. Rolling grades up and down. Thanks.

John
    07-23-10 04:48 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD