Hi All,

Just thought I would let you know we've just put out v2.3!

New things in v2.3
    • We hit the gym and lost a lot of weight! Down from 240 to 135K!
    • Changed around the graphics used on several options and trial related screens
    • Can now press the 'Enter' key when a link is highlighted to launch the browser
    • Fixed up email scrolling behavior when using shortcuts and then switching to the thumbwheel
    • Added in a signal strength indicator on the connection setup screen
    • Added in ability to change header font size & bold preference (and pick a smarter default size)
    • Added in the "PIN <user>" option to the menu when contact has a PIN number
    • Made some optimizations to improve email loading times
    • Fixed up email header scrolling behavior (no more "lost cursor")

And finally, as part of our ongoing efforts to move BBSmart Email Viewer more towards a complete email solution (rather than just being a "viewer") we've added in email templating aka SmartSay. If you are not familiar with email templating, the fundamental idea is that you can pre-save responses: email signatures, your phone number, email address, etc. Then when you are composing an email just select "SmartSay..." from the menu, pick whatever it is you want to insert and have it automatically inserted in the email. Great if you find typing certain things (like your business email signature or phone number) a pain! Also great because this provides the exact same functionality that you find in $10 - $20 BlackBerry apps.

Please note the "Check for Updates" will only work for the people who previously had OS v4.2 version installed. Everyone else you can install via DM, or OTA which you can find at BBSmart OTA Install

Hope you like it

Also, if you wanted to see some updated screenshots head to our product listing here on your very own store: BBSmart Email Viewer - Blackberry

Cheers,
    eZainny.
    Last edited by eZainny; 08-30-07 at 09:35 AM.
    08-30-07 12:52 AM
    Hi there,
    I purchased your product, love it!!! Love the customer service you provided after I ummm, kind of lost the application after upgrading OS. I couldn't find the upgrade option with what I presently have. Will 2.3 upgrade install OTA? If so, do I need to re-enter the activation code?

Thanks
    08-30-07 08:37 AM
    Hi there,
    I purchased your product, love it!!! Love the customer service you provided after I ummm, kind of lost the application after upgrading OS. I couldn't find the upgrade option with what I presently have. Will 2.3 upgrade install OTA? If so, do I need to re-enter the activation code?

Thanks
    Hi,

Glad you like the app

If you currently have BBSmart Email Viewer installed and you download OTA then all your settings will be preserved (including activation status). When you first go to the OTA link and click "Download" it will prompt you and ask if you want to upgrade - just select "Yes".

OTA link is as follows: BBSmart OTA Install
    08-30-07 09:02 AM
    I try to install on my sprint bb 8830 & it cannot download images. i use the tcp/ip & the text works, but it says it is not able to show images. any help?
    08-30-07 09:53 AM
    Just installed the new version. At first glance things look great. Email loading time is noticeably quicker. Looks like the lost cursor is not and issue. Still playing with it and haven't done anything yet with the templates.

Great Software! I Highly recommend it!

Cheers
    08-30-07 10:12 AM
    Great program!! I may have missed it, but is there a way to choose a default SmartSay signature? I almost always use the same one and it would be very nice not to have to choose one for every note.

Thanks!!
    08-31-07 06:00 PM
    Great program!! I may have missed it, but is there a way to choose a default SmartSay signature? I almost always use the same one and it would be very nice not to have to choose one for every note.

Thanks!!
    Hi lhuff,

Firstly, thanks!

In the next release I'll add in the functionality to set a default email signature for each BlackBerry email address. Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
    eZainny.
    09-05-07 02:21 AM
    Hello-
    Just upgraded to vs2.3 and have not received hotmail emails, although I have received emails from a POP account. Before upgrade all was well and loved the program. Wondering if you have any ideas?

I'm a newbie!

Thanks.

Never mind...messages are coming thru...must have been Verizon
    Last edited by genyFire; 09-05-07 at 12:28 PM.
    09-05-07 11:27 AM
    Where do I enter the registration code? I just purchased it and it still is saying Trial version in the program
    09-16-07 05:39 PM
    Where do I enter the registration code? I just purchased it and it still is saying Trial version in the program
    Hi itrev82,

When viewing an email with BBSmart Email Viewer, bring up the menu and select "Activate" and on the screen that appears scroll down to the bottom and enter in the rego. code into the "Key" field. Then, click the "Activate" button just below this and you should be good to go

Cheers,
    eZainny.
    09-17-07 03:50 AM
    eZainny - just must add my kudos for such a remarkable program. I like it so much that I absolutely MUST have it on both Hobson (my 8800) and Cherry (my Red Pearl).

Keep up the GREAT support for such a wonderful program!!!!!
    09-25-07 05:10 PM
    Have bought and used the bbsmart program. The e-mails look so much better now, the only thing is it won't show the pics in the e-mail.
    Says I have to change the settings. Get the message "connection faillure" with both BES/MDS and TCP/IP settings. The only one I haven't tried yet is the WAP setting because I don't have the WAP info from my provider yet.
    Would love some help with this
    Thanks in advance! Look forward to using this program to its fullest.
    10-10-07 11:39 AM
    I have my setting set to TCP, and everything works fine for me. I can now she pics, it makes my mighty Blackberry feel even more powerful. BB smart is great.
    10-10-07 12:06 PM
    Tried the tcp setting again, but no luck at all. Keep getting the "connection faillure"message
    Hope to get it working!
    10-10-07 05:02 PM
    Contact your carrier, your tcp settings might be wrong. If that doesn't work email BBsmart. Good luck!
    10-10-07 06:10 PM
    Thanks, will try that!

Update: the tcp settings were missing before. Now everything works perfect.
    Thans very much for your advise!
    Last edited by ualman; 10-11-07 at 08:48 AM.
    10-10-07 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD