I just got BBSmart Alarms Pro. It's way cool. The only trouble that I'm having is, when I want to choose my own file off of the preloaded ringers to use as an Alarm, it only allows me to choose the 3 AIM tones that are preloaded. I want to use the "Entertainer" song that's on there, but it won't let me. I've gone into Advanced options and turned all the permissions to "allow" and I've gone into media -> ringtones -> entertainer -> options -> set as ring tone. But it still will not allow me to chose this from the list. I can chose whatever I want off of my SD Card. Anyone else have this software that has spent some time with it yet? Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
    -Matt
    11-26-08 09:22 AM
    If it's a ringtone preinstalled on your blackberry it may not work. They have the preinstalled rintones Forward Lock. They only seem to work with RIM apps. I'm also unable to move those files to my media card. I have an app that will allow me to explorer the folder and copy the preinstalled ringtones. But when I navigate back to my media card to paste, the file will be set at 0kb and cannot be opened. Sounds like RIM has them copyright protected and locked. You can pretty much use the 3 preinstalled sounds that come w/ the alarm app, or unprotected ringtones you put on your media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 09:54 AM
    I was using version 1.1 for a while but tried today to upgrade to the lastest release. Now it won't start. Gives error: "Uncaught exception: UInauthorized attempt to attach to this application". I'm on an 8330 Curve running 4.5.0.77. Assuming the app doesn't work on 4.5, is there somewhere I can download an older release?
    11-26-08 03:43 PM
    I was using version 1.1 for a while but tried today to upgrade to the lastest release. Now it won't start. Gives error: "Uncaught exception: UInauthorized attempt to attach to this application". I'm on an 8330 Curve running 4.5.0.77. Assuming the app doesn't work on 4.5, is there somewhere I can download an older release?

I have the 8330 curve and 4.5.0.97 and it works...maybe you can contact them about it?
    11-26-08 07:06 PM
    That's cool
    12-13-08 12:26 AM
    That's cool. Ahh
    12-13-08 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD