I gave up on smart alarms. Couldn't get it to go either. I'm using Alarm clock now. Same features

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 01:50 PM
    I think I'm boned here; I moved from a Curve 8330 to a Bold 9650. I backed up all my applications, and restored them to my new Bold without a problem. I noticed that BBSmart Alarms Pro was in "trail mode" and I could not find a way to put the newly created key in. So I waited for the trail to expire, thinking that would give me a chance to enter the key, but all I got was a bunch of buy me links.

So I removed the expired program, located the original cod and alx files that I paid 15 bucks for and tried to install that, planning to upgrade back to 2.2 (which ran just fine), but the original won't run on the 5.0.0.699 version of software I have; I got an exception error which I neglected to write down.

What I really need is a "full version" of 2.2 I guess? I did use an OTA link for a new install of 2.2 trail for a reinstall, but I am stuck in the same boat. Why would they remove the ability to register the software? What do new purchasers do? I know it's cheap now --5 bucks-- but I am not buying it again.

I am hoping support replies to my email(s), but it isn't looking good from what I see here. Also, I just want to be one more voice in the choir that wants to be able to save all settings to the memory card; I am sick of re-doing all the alarms. :-P

Until I get a good fix, I just have to delete it and go back for another 10 day trail. (maybe that's why you can't back up the settings; it would make it too easy not to buy it.)

I did notice that a fresh install of the trail put an alarm icon on my homescreen (not the BBSmart Alarms Pro icon) where there wasn't one before, showing how many alarms were enabled. This didn't happen after moving the application over to my Bold (same version: 2.2).

edit -- I just checked online re: MultiAlarm pro mentioned above by "eyesonly". It looks *exactly* the same... that's sorta weird. People in the Blackberry App World reviews section say good luck getting the developer to support you. Interesting. (I had to see this online, as .35 of App World is still freaky with the whole no icon thing, and I am not wiping my berry for one stupid app, as much as I wish I could use it.)
    I've been through this a few times since they changed the registration system. It seems there's a registered version and a trial version now. If you bought from Mobihand its easy: have them change your pin# in their system and then download OTA from them. You won't have to enter your registration #.

07-07-10 03:57 PM
    I gave up on smart alarms. Couldn't get it to go either. I'm using Alarm clock now. Same features

I've thought about switching to that, but I bought through mobihand so I've been able to switch my devices pretty easy. I agree that bbsmart (or fruityapps) customer service is nonexistent nowadays. The app itself works perfect though

07-07-10 04:02 PM
    I've been through this a few times since they changed the registration system. It seems there's a registered version and a trial version now. If you bought from Mobihand its easy: have them change your pin# in their system and then download OTA from them. You won't have to enter your registration #.
    Thanks for the replies. I actually bought at Handango back in '08. It seems that for the low low price of $6.99, I can download software I already paid for (and this was when BBSmart Alarms Pro was 15 bucks). I won't be buying from that site anymore, and in fact only did because I was a Palm user for so many years and already had an account. My last purchase (I <3 QuickLaunch!) was through this site actually.

Anyway... $6.99 to re-download possibly the same version I saved as files? No thanks. Or $4.99 to just buy it fresh somewhere else. Maybe. Or maybe just bag the whole program and move on to something else; I see a couple that appear to have even more features, but less pretty. Function before fashion, right?

I can continue waiting for support, while I delete, reinstall and make my alarms every 10 days (I'd prefer not to).

It sucks when a developer loses interest in a great program. v2.3 was going to (possibly) have the ability to save settings; that would have made the program almost perfect.
    07-07-10 07:41 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I actually bought at Handango back in '08. It seems that for the low low price of $6.99, I can download software I already paid for (and this was when BBSmart Alarms Pro was 15 bucks). I won't be buying from that site anymore, and in fact only did because I was a Palm user for so many years and already had an account. My last purchase (I <3 QuickLaunch!) was through this site actually.

Anyway... $6.99 to re-download possibly the same version I saved as files? No thanks. Or $4.99 to just buy it fresh somewhere else. Maybe. Or maybe just bag the whole program and move on to something else; I see a couple that appear to have even more features, but less pretty. Function before fashion, right?

I can continue waiting for support, while I delete, reinstall and make my alarms every 10 days (I'd prefer not to).

It sucks when a developer loses interest in a great program. v2.3 was going to (possibly) have the ability to save settings; that would have made the program almost perfect.
    Ugh, I went through ******** BS with handandgo before too and they haven't seen a dollar from me since
    I didn't know Mobihand existed until CB started using them for the app store here. I'm glad they did cause they are quick on pin changes or anything else I've had to contact them for.
    I wouldn't hold your breath for v2.3...ever since Neil disappeared his company hasn't done much of anything for the past what, year I think. It's a shame, but I hope he moved on to better things.
    If you do buy a new app use "MBHD20" for 20% off

07-07-10 11:29 PM
    I couldn't find another thread to post this in, so here goes. I bought the BB Smart email viewer and have been emailing the support email address on the website for a week with no response. I have checked my spam folder, and nothing is stuck in there. How do I get a response from your company? I'm really disappointed.
    09-23-10 08:57 PM
331 ... 121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD