Hi Everybody,

This is the official thread for any questions you may have about BBSmart Alarms Pro.

In case you're not familiar with BBSmart Alarms Pro, it's a visually stunning, fully-featured, and powerful multi-alarm application for the BlackBerry. So what does it look like? Here's a couple of sample screenshots:

If you haven't tried it before, please do try out the free trial which you can download from here on CrackBerry.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, feedback, and any questions you have.

Thanks!
    06-12-08 08:30 AM
    When I bought my 8830, I was pretty irked RIM hadn't put a real alarm in the phone like every other cheapie phone has. I guess business people don't really need to be anywhere at any particular time.

Wasn't sure about BBSmart Alarm, and found a free app. It's basically useable, but quirky as far as usage. But, hey it's free and I appreciate that it's available.

Will be checking out BBSmart Alarm tho!

Thanks for being available in a forum for support!
    06-13-08 09:22 PM
    Any progress on having Smart Alarms wake up the phone when an Alarm comes due, like the BB's native alarm works?
    06-14-08 01:17 PM
    Hi F2,

After doing a more thorough investigation, our development team think this functionality it's a GO! Can't give any exact notice on when the update will be released. Right now we have two other products we're working on that are taking priority. However, those should be released within the next week or so and then our full attention will be on updating Alarms Pro.
    06-17-08 04:44 AM
    Doesn't work with OS4.5.0.37
    06-25-08 08:04 AM
    Should be FREE!!

There should not even be a third party app, no offense if you work for them or whatev... but RIM should include this in the OS, it is a basic planning feature to be able to schedule different alarms

Don't wanna pay for an alarm clock!! argh
    06-25-08 08:15 AM
    Yeah, even a cheap cellphone like my LG8600 has a cool alarm system. But... What ya gonna do... It also vibrates and rings at the same time too, amongst a few other typical things the BB doesn't do...
    06-25-08 09:42 AM
    Any known issues with the snooze? I have mine set for ten minutes, but it almost never works…Usually it goes off after one minute or so.

Other than that I really like the program.
    06-25-08 09:57 AM
    Doesn't work with OS4.5.0.37
    Hi michael_pinder,

Many other people have reported success with using BBSmart Alarms Pro on OS4.5.0.37. What exactly is the problem you are encountering?
    06-25-08 10:28 AM
    Should be FREE!!

There should not even be a third party app, no offense if you work for them or whatev... but RIM should include this in the OS, it is a basic planning feature to be able to schedule different alarms

Don't wanna pay for an alarm clock!! argh
    Couldn't you say the same with many third-party apps? Anyway, that's not very constructive feedback. Why not suggest some features you would like to see which would make it worth something for you?
    06-25-08 10:29 AM
    Any known issues with the snooze? I have mine set for ten minutes, but it almost never works…Usually it goes off after one minute or so.

Other than that I really like the program.
    Hi noroll,

Nobody else has reported this issue so far, but I'll get the dev. team to look in to it for you anyway

Cheers,
    Neil.
    06-25-08 10:31 AM
    I have ringtones that I downloaded from Thumbplay that have a file extension of .mp3.rem that will not work. I set the permissions and still no joy. Frankly, as a registered user I am disappointed that it doesn't seem to be able to use ANY of the BB native tones either (I knew that with the demo but figured that would not be the case with a full version). A competing product - Mobylo! MultiAlarm does allow using the BB tones and the ones I downloaded.

I sent you a support email from your site on this before I found you on this forum.
    06-26-08 10:32 AM
    Couldn't you say the same with many third-party apps? Anyway, that's not very constructive feedback. Why not suggest some features you would like to see which would make it worth something for you?
    Sorry! I was directing that comment towards RIM!

I really appreciate the work that has gone into BBSmart Alarms Pro and the other BBSmart applications!! I did not mean to be degrading at all... and I really appreciate the end product that has been released for us!!

After I have more experience with BBSmart Alarms Pro I will get back with you regarding more feedback and features

I have not tried the app on my OS 4.5.44 install yet, so I will let you know how that works. I will also let you know after a solid weeks use if anything noticeably bothersome comes up

From what I have heard and from demoing on my OS 4.2 (before I upgraded), the BBSmart Alarms Pro is a solid app!! Kudos to you and the developing team
    06-26-08 10:37 AM
    I have ringtones that I downloaded from Thumbplay that have a file extension of .mp3.rem that will not work. I set the permissions and still no joy. Frankly, as a registered user I am disappointed that it doesn't seem to be able to use ANY of the BB native tones either (I knew that with the demo but figured that would not be the case with a full version). A competing product - Mobylo! MultiAlarm does allow using the BB tones and the ones I downloaded.

I sent you a support email from your site on this before I found you on this forum.
    It seems as if this issue should be addressed as well!!

I am also looking forward to wake from sleep, which you said is coming in a future release
    06-26-08 10:39 AM
    If i have an alarm on my pearl and have that set, will this supercede the original alarm? Should i turn my other alarm off? And with my other alarm i get a little bell on my home screen to let me know the alarm is active. Can you get that with this application? And it would be nice if the clock that comes up when the alarm goes off would stay on when you go to sleep and stay lit on screen so that you have a digital clock too. just a thought!
    06-26-08 06:59 PM
    Not working for me with 4.5.0.37
    06-26-08 07:03 PM
    its great worked great use it this morning woke me up once snoozed woke me up again. great job bb smart
    06-27-08 03:17 PM
    Yeah, loaded it last night and it worked well today on my 8830. So well, I actually got up. Used the snooze a few to many times.

Way cool. I'm happy.
    06-27-08 03:25 PM
    Mine didnt go off in morning...lol It came up with some kind of permission allow box 2 times. untill i checked them, it didnt go off. Thank god i had the other alarm set...Anyway, is there a way that the developers can come up with somekind of little icon on home screen(like os alarm with a bell)so that i know there is an alarm activated? I know it turns colors, but mine is in apps, as i am running a zen theme, and my most used stuff is on front...lol Just a suggestion.
    06-27-08 05:47 PM
    I would like to be able to set and alarm and have NO snooze option. I would just like the alarm to sound, maybe switch to the screen but that would be the end of it. No more alerts or sounds or having to either hit snooze or dismiss.
    06-27-08 10:13 PM
    got mine free with the 5 dollar promo and is working GREAT!
    06-27-08 11:53 PM
    If i have an alarm on my pearl and have that set, will this supercede the original alarm? Should i turn my other alarm off? And with my other alarm i get a little bell on my home screen to let me know the alarm is active. Can you get that with this application? And it would be nice if the clock that comes up when the alarm goes off would stay on when you go to sleep and stay lit on screen so that you have a digital clock too. just a thought!
    Hi skullz,

Yep, it's going to supersede the native alarm application so you can turn that off if you want.

I definitely agree it would be a nice touch if we could put the little bell icon up the top of the Home Screen when an alarm is set; Unfortunately, due to limitations with the BlackBerry OS this is not possible, so we went for the next best thing which was to change the icon color to be yellow when an alarm it set

If RIM ever does open up the ability for third-party application developers to put icons up the top of the Home Screen, we'll do it straight away! (it's a regularly asked for feature)
    06-28-08 05:23 AM
    Not working for me with 4.5.0.37
    Hi Garz,

Thanks, we've now hard this report come in a couple of times. One of the big problems of course is that OS 4.5 is still beta and contains a number of reported bugs so in some respects our hands are tied. Heck, both RIM and your carrier won't support a BlackBerry running a beta OS either so it's hard for us right at the bottom of "the foodchain" to do it too, but we'll give it a shot.

Some good news is that RIM did only a matter of days ago finally release the OS 4.5 developer tools, so that gives us some hope with being able to track down this problem and release a fix.

Cheers,
    Neil.
    06-28-08 05:27 AM
    I would like to be able to set and alarm and have NO snooze option. I would just like the alarm to sound, maybe switch to the screen but that would be the end of it. No more alerts or sounds or having to either hit snooze or dismiss.
    Thanks F2, this one we can do and the request has come in a couple of times as well, so it's right up there in the feature list to incorporate in to the next upgrade.
    06-28-08 05:28 AM
    This is a neat App. I got mine with the CrackBerry free offer. It was very generous of BBSmart to allow this. Thank you.

This level of functionality should have been part of the RIM base OS. But then I think that an email enabled machine like the BlackBery should be able to access mailing lists too. Dream on.

In terms of functionality the porduct does what it needs to do. It needs to be able to make the phone wake up and ring under just about every possible condition (Standby, Auto-Off, Power Off, etc.) except when the battery is pulled out.

What happens if you are on a call and it's alarm time?

Now, when are you guys going to make me a stand-alone pdf reader?
    06-28-08 05:54 AM
331 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD